Does it include messaging? Or I have to add messaging also?
    11-18-08 01:36 PM
    It does not include messaging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 01:42 PM
    Well that's Poo Poo thanx for the info.
    11-18-08 01:49 PM
    Pretty outrageous that they charge, for example, $90/month for 1400 minutes and don't include SMS in that, especially considering it costs them nothing to send the messages.

Sprint charges $99/month for UNLIMITED EVERYTHING, INCLUDING Blackberry service. It's a way better deal. But Verizon has a better network.
    11-18-08 04:57 PM
    Pretty outrageous that they charge, for example, $90/month for 1400 minutes and don't include SMS in that, especially considering it costs them nothing to send the messages.

Sprint charges $99/month for UNLIMITED EVERYTHING, INCLUDING Blackberry service. It's a way better deal. But Verizon has a better network.
    Why do you think it costs nothing to send the SMS/MMS messages? While it may not seem to cost anything, the availability of messaging requires an infrastructure for handling the messages, and that infrastructure and its maintenance costs money. I don't think it costs anywhere near what they get in revenue from messaging, but there are costs involved.

I'll agree that Sprint's deal looks much better on paper than Verizon's does, but if Sprint has sub-par coverage in your area then the comparison isn't so clear.
    11-18-08 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD