I'm guessing im 22 months in since my 2 year contract is up 2 months from now... but i am on a secondary line and I called verizon and they said they couldnt give me an early upgrade...my phone is all messed up and its one of those cheap flip phones with no extra features and im looking to get a smartphone...The rep told me to pay 50 bucks to get a new cheap phone...I don't understand how these upgrades work...We have been a verizon customer for 10+ years and have 4 lines on the plan totaling 250 bucks..always paid on time never been late...i know this has nothing to do with getting an upgrade but you think verizon would cut me alittle slack here...the rep talked to her supervisor and said the upgrade couldnt be done...does it all depend on who you talk to? and also how do upgrades work..once again im not the primary line..
    11-04-09 11:30 PM
    Contact your customer retentions department, as I have seen others work that kind of thing out with Verizon.

Reps are like a box of chocolates.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 11:41 PM
    First make sure you are on the account. Call in, do not mention all the money you put into your bill or how long you've been with them, they know and it makes you sound snotty. Talk to the rep about how your phone has given you issues and ask if it is possible you get a new phone sooner. If you are willing to upgrade, I would do it.
    11-04-09 11:48 PM
    I was under the impression that Verizon did upgrades 20 months into a 24 month contract. This came straight from the donkey's mouth the other day when I was inquiring about my own upgrade (they have it screwed up in the system: it says my contract is up 9/10 but i'm not eligible for upgrade until 10/10) The rep told me to ignore it becuase any rep would see my contract date ends in 9/10 so 4 months before that (5/10) I am eligible for upgrade.He told me to just come in then.
    11-04-09 11:57 PM
    Since your guessing your upgrade dates and contract dates, I would find out for sure too.
    11-05-09 12:03 AM
    First make sure you are on the account. Call in, do not mention all the money you put into your bill or how long you've been with them, they know and it makes you sound snotty. Talk to the rep about how your phone has given you issues and ask if it is possible you get a new phone sooner. If you are willing to upgrade, I would do it.
    The rep(or supervisor) i spoke with said no and to go to the store and pay 50 bucks to get a phone and wait until my date...
    11-05-09 12:07 AM
    Contact your customer retentions department, as I have seen others work that kind of thing out with Verizon.

Reps are like a box of chocolates.....

Why would you contact retention? Retention is for people who are disconnecting their service, not people who are looking to upgrade... Besides, I'm not even sure Verizon has a retention department...

As for the OP... If you really are within two months of your contract end date, you should be able to upgrade without a problem... If you're not on the account, then I can see how they wouldn't let you, but if everything you're telling us is true, you should have no problem upgrading, and even the dumb reps and supervisors wouldn't miss it...
    11-05-09 12:09 AM
    The rep(or supervisor) i spoke with said no and to go to the store and pay 50 bucks to get a phone and wait until my date...
    If you are on the account, I would try again. It does depend on who you get. Some times.....
    11-05-09 12:14 AM
    I sent Verizon an email as well...
    11-05-09 12:45 AM
    I sent Verizon an email as well...
    I'm sure the Interent Response Team will help you.
    11-05-09 12:48 AM
    Did you ever have a warranty replacement done? With a new phone, perhaps?

11-05-09 06:29 AM
    when ever you talk to cs.your first question should be,sir how much etf do i have to pay if i cancel my account
    11-05-09 07:02 AM
    when ever you talk to cs.your first question should be,sir how much etf do i have to pay if i cancel my account
    Not primary - two months left on contract - $9.99 revenue - yeah, your suggestion is obviously well thought out & researched, just like any ignorant scammer & fool would come up with.

Ah yes - Brockton, MA - that explains it.
    11-05-09 07:08 AM
    Why?

10char
    11-05-09 09:58 AM
    its not the primary line...just one line on my account contract is up on january 10th...
    11-05-09 10:49 AM
    Did you ever have a warranty replacement done? With a new phone, perhaps?

nope never..and on my verizon it says january 10th as my upgrade date..
    11-05-09 10:50 AM
    nope never..and on my verizon it says january 10th as my upgrade date..
    Is your contract up January 10th, or is your upgrade date january 10th? Those date shouldn't be the same.
    11-05-09 11:03 AM
    ok so they said they could upgrade me to the droid for 369.99 plus 100 dollar mail in rebate so it would come out to 269.99...What other fees are involved?...also lets say I come home with a droid and my son wants it( i know he will be bugging me) if I decide to eventuallly give it to him I could just activate it under his number online and either go back to my old phone or buy a cheaper "dumb phone" from somewhere and activate it online? Thanks for the help!
    11-05-09 01:10 PM
    If your upgrade date is later its because something you accepted pushed it out. Like a multi exchange.

11-05-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD