I was just looking at my bill and it looks Like Verizon started charging me more for this entire year without ever letting me know.

I was getting a 20% discount on my wifes data plan, $6 off per month, and that discount vanished.

I get 20% on voice and data on my my line, a total of $14 off per month.

What is this all about? I think I remember seeing someone else talk about this problem months ago.

I know my wife is also eligible for this same discount from her job, it's just that the account is in my name.

Shouldn't I get this dicsount and if they are going to stop giving it to me shouldn't I have been notified? They changed what I was being charged in the middle of my contract!
    12-07-10 12:19 PM
    They actually don't have to notify you since the discount is not part of your contract. And also, that's what the bill is for. Too bad it took you a year to notice. The pain would have been less.
    12-07-10 12:26 PM
    They actually don't have to notify you since the discount is not part of your contract. And also, that's what the bill is for. Too bad it took you a year to notice. The pain would have been less.
    That's the danger of auto pay I guess....

Set it and forget it....

That discount was a big reason I went ahead and upgraded to smartphones....I was assured by several reps that both lines would get the discount on the data plan.
    12-07-10 12:28 PM
    That's the danger of auto pay I guess....

Set it and forget it....

That discount was a big reason I went ahead and upgraded to smartphones....
    What actually happened was a lot of business and corporations renegotiated the contracts they hold with Verizon regarding discounts. If there were changes to the original agreement, all discounts would be dropped and you would have to reapply or they never negotiated new terms. So your discount may still be available, it may be less now or non-existent.

Go here to try again.
    12-07-10 12:32 PM
    Sounds like you got the Sprint treatment. They (Sprint) are in the process of taking the discounts off the 3rd - 5th lines. So only the primary and secondary shared lines got the discount. Also depending on how your discount was laid out and everyone is very different spelled out how you got the discount. My wife company offers discounts on all three (Verizon, AT&T and Sprint), mine only AT&T and Sprint. My discount says only certian plans get it and only the 1st and Second lines on a shared bucket of minutes and only on the minute rate plan and nothing else meaning data, telenav, insurance, ect... Others go into detail about who on the plan gets the discount, IE the empoyee only and not the spouse. For example my wifes company says the bill has to be in her name to get the discount, my company it does not matter. Her company says all plans get a discount except the unlimited plans. My company says it does not matter. Everyone has a method to the madness. Sprint has to be the worst for anything, then again look at what you're dealing with...a crappy business model!! I hate auto pay for just that reason. What if your bill had a huge mistake and you did not notice it until you bounced a check because your checking account was dry! Ops! It's all in the pudding my mother says. I pay all my bills online using a credit card so if an issue comes up I can nip it right in bud before it gets out of hand.
    Last edited by AFCEA; 12-07-10 at 03:49 PM.
    12-07-10 03:45 PM
    Primary lines only.
    I used to get it across the board. You technically never should have gotten the discount. They cleaned up their system.
    12-07-10 07:59 PM
    Primary lines only.
    I used to get it across the board. You technically never should have gotten the discount. They cleaned up their system.
    Correct. There's really no mystery to it.
    12-07-10 08:33 PM
    I don't know if this is the case for you but if you have an unlimited plan they don't allow the discounts either...
    12-07-10 10:15 PM
    Yep, I was under the understanding that discounts apply ONLY to the primary line. I get 17% off the main line plus 20% off data. My wife has a BB but doesn't get any discount even though her work (Qwest) offers a discount.
    12-08-10 09:19 AM
    Primary lines only.
    ^^^same thing happened to me very beginning of this year (Feb?). I was told only the primary line gets the 22% discount, so being I was at that time the only bb, I had to change our account to show my line# was primary & my husbands and 3 others were secondaries etc. Then I was able to get the 22% discount off each again on my data& voice/tx plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 01:39 PM
    This is too funny... I went online yesterday to see how much it would cost me to upgrade to a 4G USB modem and plan. I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet so it said at checkout I'd owe $249 for the modem. It did discount it 20% so I'd only be paying $40 a month instead of the $59 I'm paying now..pretty sweet. It would be shipped FedEx 2nd day and require a signature. Well my fiance is at her parents and I won't be flying home until Friday so I was going to order it today.

I went online after geting back to my hotel and started the upgrade process. It said I was eligible for an early upgrade discount. The USB modem was only going to cost me $49. I was liking this. After picking a plan..5GB $40/month I made it to the checkout screen and it said next to the Pantech Modem "New Discount: Free". I was really liking this. Instead of paying $249 I paid nothing at checkout. If any of you were thinking of upgraded start the process and see what you can get. No changes are made until you hit Submit Order on the last screen. I have two BlackBerries and I get a 20% Service and 20% Feature discount on my primary line. I never got a 20% discount on the datacard line but now I do.
    12-08-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD