03-11-15 10:04 PM
29 12
tools
    Not taking inflation into account:

Buying your phone outright is always cheaper!

They are just subsidising because they can make more money in the long run.

If you can afford to buy a phone outright, do so, as you won't be held hostage for 2 years.

I bought an iPhone 6 when my contract ran out and sold it for a nice profit, as it was out of stock in my area.
    I used the money to pay the "early upgrade fee" which essentially was another 25% discount on the iPhone and am still waiting for my carrier to stock the Passport..... the reason I tell CS when they call and ask when I will finally upgrade.

All in all, long story short: I got my Passport for 124 GBP and am only paying my SIM only tariff at the moment.

They way they play with us is just a good guide on how to play with them....

Posted via CB10
    On Verizon a contract phone and a phone off contract have the same monthly payment.

If I get a BB for $40.00 a month and a $40.00 a month phone price it is $80. If I buy the phone outright they still charge me $80.00 a month.

I know it doesn't sound right but I have 1 account with 1 line at that is how much I pay. I also have 1 account with 17 lines. 6 are up for renewal and the price is still the same per month per line.

I also have one 1 line with AT&T (because I dropped my line off the (17 line account) to get a passport.) That price per month is $60.00 a month for 3gb I believe.
    EDIT: $72.74 will all taxes, etc. included. The check to sign was just put on my desk.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 03-10-15 at 02:50 PM.
    03-10-15 02:18 PM
    Just to clarify, the 30 or 40$ line access charge disappears once you've passed the 2 year mark or if you bought a phone outright?

Posted via CB10
    Hasn't gone away for me yet.
    03-10-15 02:19 PM
    Hasn't gone away for me yet.
    It doesn't disappear, but you will get either $15 or $25 off your bill after your contract is up and if you don't upgrade. But they won't offer it to you. You have to search your account and the discounts online to find it. My wife has an iphone 5s on our account and her contract was up last November. I didn't know about the discount until I read about it here on Crackberry. I searched the discount part of my account and found it and requested it online and they immediately reduced my bill $25 per month. My contract is up the end of this month so we will see how much I can reduce it again since they don't have anything to upgrade my Z10 with.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    03-10-15 04:01 PM
    It doesn't disappear, but you will get either $15 or $25 off your bill after your contract is up and if you don't upgrade. But they won't offer it to you. You have to search your account and the discounts online to find it. My wife has an iphone 5s on our account and her contract was up last November. I didn't know about the discount until I read about it here on Crackberry. I searched the discount part of my account and found it and requested it online and they immediately reduced my bill $25 per month. My contract is up the end of this month so we will see how much I can reduce it again since they don't have anything to upgrade my Z10 with.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    Thanks I'll have to get on Verizon for that. I also need to get on them for my corporate account. I tried before but they said they couldn't do anything about it. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:04 PM
29 12