I have a Hotmail account (upgraded, so it pushes). My wife has used the Storm since its release while I used a Curve. The Storm's speed appeared to blow the Curve out of the water so I switched to the Storm.

My wife receives e-mail nearly instantly, evertime. On my Curve and Storm, my e-mails arrive at least 10 minutes later, sometimes as much as 45 minutes later. I took my phone by the local store and they said nothing can be done. My wife's line is listed as the primary and mine is an add on, I'm told this doesn't matter.

Anyone have any input?
    02-20-09 12:34 AM
    WHat kind of email account does your wife have?
    02-20-09 12:35 AM
    The only e-mail we use is the Hotmail account. We set them up the same on the Storm under "set up, e-mail".....did that answer the question?
    02-20-09 12:48 AM
    There really isn't anything you can do. The rep was telling the truth. Look in the FAQs section and there's a thread that tells you how the BIS service works.
    02-20-09 01:13 AM
    Mine is the main account and I have a similar issue, When I had the BIS with at&t I got all my emails within a minute, now with VZW it takes anywhere from1 min to 20 min to get them. I just wonder why at&t didn't have the wait as explanied with the BIS
    02-20-09 12:48 PM
    I can't help but think there is a settings issue somewhere. On my account, all phones are instant with all email services I use.

Second lines wouldn't affect it, nor would a change of carriers. I would start by checking BIS settings, then closely comparing the phones. If still no success, look at the email account itself.

Maybe enlisting the help of a level 2 tech might be in order if all else fails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 02-20-09 at 01:21 PM.
    02-20-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD