Hi, totally new to BBs. Bought 2 Pearls today at the Verizon Store for my wife and myself. We both did the SetUp Wizard and when we came to email, hers says:

-I want to create or add email...
    -I want to use a work email...
    -I want to skip email setup...

Mine says only:

-I want to use a work email...
    -I want to skip email setup...

The first option is just missing. So her email is setup and I don't know what to do with mine.

Secondly, she has a browser icon, I don't. That said, I can't get on the internet with hers yet.

Also, hers has the BB Maps icon and program, again, mine don't.

Hers is the new pink one, mine silver. I figure the reasons for the differences are going to be either an easy answer for one of you smart guys and I'm being an ***** or I simply got a bad apple. Do I need to march back to the store tomorrow? Thanks for the help.
    02-04-08 12:14 AM
    First off, do you have a data plan for each of the phone? If yes, then my theory is that the phones aren't provisioned correctly. Whomever activated your phone may have did something incorrectly. In which case you will need to talk to VZW about it. I can't say for certain that my theory is correct though. Just a guess.
    02-04-08 01:08 AM
    Yes, I got the $29.99 data plan added for both of us - although the only confirmation I have of that was the guy saying, "OK, I added the data plans." So....

I'm so smart. I almost fixed mine. The Maps and Browser icons appeared after I pulled my favorite fix-all: turn it off, turn it on. The browser is actually working on mine now just as it should but not on hers. I still don't have the missing email setup option. So I got no email, she's got no browser. I guess we're making progress....
    02-04-08 01:32 AM
    Just call Verizon and have them send the correct service books and provision for the device. The email icon really doesn't matter on the device cause you can go to the web on your computer to add email on your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 01:38 AM
    Go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table and then hit Menu and Register Handheld. That will pull all the service books you need with the exception of email ones. Those can be pushed by running the email setup on the handheld or fom the BIS website.
    02-04-08 11:14 AM
    Go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table and then hit Menu and Register Handheld. That will pull all the service books you need with the exception of email ones. Those can be pushed by running the email setup on the handheld or fom the BIS website.
    Wow thanks! I did this and it did make my email setup icon appear!
    02-20-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD