Hi there,

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

With Verizon, is it possible to have 2 phone numbers associated with 1 blackberry? Are both numbers active at the same time and can calls be received on them at any time? I'm trying to see if it would be possible to combine my work cell phone and personal cell phone (both on verizon) into 1 device.

Thanks!
    06-07-10 10:36 AM
    As far as I know, it's not possible. You could try using google voice though. If you get a google voice number as your personal number, you can set it to forward all calls to your blackberry, or vice versa with your work phone number.
    06-07-10 10:48 AM
    No, you can not program the phone for dual NAM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 11:19 AM
    A couple of things you can do.
    Get a second phone and forward all call to the BB.
    Get a BB world phone and use 1 number from Verizon and the other from ATT or Tmobile with the phone unlocked.
    Use Google Voice and roll all your numbers into a "follow me" type number.
    06-07-10 03:47 PM
    As Techhead said, you would also need a line with a GSM provider to have multiple phone numbers on a global blackberry. They can take one CDMA and one GSM phone number, but not more than one of either.

You *could* just stick line 2 on an old phone from your drawer and forward it to the blackberry.

Come to think of it...there's actually a lot of PDAs that don't support dual nam, unless it's one CDMA line and one GSM line. o_O
    06-07-10 10:58 PM
    I had (I just got the EVO, but may be going back to the Tour again) 2 numbers dialing to my Blackberry: one is my actually Sprint phone number, the other is a Google Voice number....
    06-07-10 11:42 PM
    Nope, technically it can't be done-but there are work arounds. I have 3 numbers associated with my Berry. One is the main line, the second is from another line on the account, I have calls forwarded to my first #. The third is a Google Voice #, it supports text messages as well as voice calls. Another option would be Skype, I believe it supports SMS, for a fee if I remember correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD