I just called my local corp store and asked the guy if I can upgrade 2 days early? I am going on vacation and would like a new phone before, he said it has to be the day of, "unfortunately it wont let us do it" I have been looking on here for a while and think he was full of it. What do you recommend? Just going in and talking to them or *611 or wait until I get home? Thanks
    01-04-10 04:03 PM
    That is bull. I push upgrades up for people even 2 months in advance, all they have to do Is ask.....this person just didn't want to. Try another store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 04:18 PM
    That is bull. I push upgrades up for people even 2 months in advance, all they have to do Is ask.....this person just didn't want to. Try another store.

This store is literally 30 seconds from my house, maybe I will just go in and talk to them. That seem to work better for me in the past.
    01-04-10 04:20 PM
    Yeah. Good luck.

01-04-10 04:25 PM
    I rarely hear of store reps pushing up dates, if you want early upgrades -- you gotta call.
    01-04-10 05:23 PM
    If you have no luck with the store I would call CS and I am sure they will do it.
    01-04-10 05:27 PM
    I rarely hear of store reps pushing up dates, if you want early upgrades -- you gotta call.
    Agreed. In fact, my local corporate store has told me they do not have the authority to do an early upgrade and I should talk to the 800 Customer Service Rep. It's worked twice for me so far.

If you get ok'ed for the upgrade through the 800 number, they will annotate your account to indicate this. Then just walk into the store and do the upgrade. It will show up on the store's computer.

I can't imagine not getting an upgrade 2 days early unless you're doing your Don Rickles impersonation when you're talking to them.

Good luck,
    Rich
    01-04-10 05:33 PM
    I would call I went to the store because I was eligible for my annual upgrade and the rep made up some story about that I had canceled lines and opened them again, so I lost the upgrade, all I did was change the number because they had my old address in the system and I wanted a local number. I called *611 and explained to them what happened, they were just as confused as I was and let me upgrade right over the phone without having to pay that $20 annual upgrade fee. I got the phone in 2 days too.

01-04-10 05:33 PM

You are either CS in a store or a CS rep in a call center. The simple reason us sales reps dont do "early" upgrades is because we dont get paid for them. Helping the customer is 1 thing, hurting my KPIs with a non-payable contract is another.
    01-04-10 06:00 PM
    You are either CS in a store or a CS rep in a call center. The simple reason us sales reps dont do "early" upgrades is because we dont get paid for them. Helping the customer is 1 thing, hurting my KPIs with a non-payable contract is another.
    I am in a center. Since upgrades do nothing for me, you're right I will push upgrade dates. But if a customer upgrades and gets a new 2 year contract how does it not help. I just want to understand. Thanks.

01-04-10 06:12 PM
    I went in and the store was absolutely packed with people paying bills, and whatnot.. It was not a good looking bunch either, so I just took off. The people who work there are smug anyway so I will probaly call *611 and go from there...
    01-04-10 06:21 PM
    That's the spirit! Another reason to call the 800 number!

And what's a KPI? How painful is it when you hurt it?
    01-04-10 06:25 PM
    That's the spirit! Another reason to call the 800 number!

And what's a KPI? How painful is it when you hurt it?
    Exactly, call the 800 number when you arent eligible and want a new phone.
    01-04-10 06:48 PM
    I am in a center. Since upgrades do nothing for me, you're right I will push upgrade dates. But if a customer upgrades and gets a new 2 year contract how does it not help. I just want to understand. Thanks.

The only time a contract is payable to a retail rep is if they are within 4 months of the end of thier contract or if they are a primary line of 49.99 or higher and they fulfilled at least 12 months of thier contract.

A non payable contract hurts us because it is another phone sold that doesnt help our quota but it does count as a phone out of our inventory.
    01-04-10 07:00 PM
    Calling worked for me...tell them I'm sure they can understand how much we love our toys. : )
    01-04-10 07:17 PM
    I share the same love for toys. I want a new device every month.

Thanks for the explanation.

01-04-10 08:02 PM
    I got bumped to an early NE2 by about 5 months when I got my Tour. Of course, I was upgrading from a dumbphone to a BB, so the monthly data charge probably didnt' hurt at all. Got no love from in store reps at all and no room to budge. First guy I spoke with when I called in put me on hold for 10 mins to find a manager, but had no problem pushing the upgrade through. Didn't even confirm I was necessarily getting a BB, just told me to go to a store and get it since it'd be faster than shipping, and I'd get the upgrade through a note on the account. Had to do a MIR instead getting it automatically online, but I was facing a weekend shipping time of 3-4 days (I like my toys ASAP).
    01-05-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD