Currently, I get the following message when I attempt to use the internet:

"The radio on the device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for the radio to be used..."

What's a radio reference got to do with the internet?

I'm also trying to determine if the defualt browser is "WAP". Thanks for any help.
    11-16-09 07:35 AM
    Radio refers to the cell phone in your 8330. That's your connection to the internet. If the battery is too low for the phone to operate, you won't be able to make calls or connect to the internet.
    11-16-09 07:52 AM
    Thanks. I have 2 bars showing. Curious that it thinks the battery is too low.
    11-16-09 07:54 AM
    If you have two bars showing, then the radio is not off. You'd have a small x in place of the bars if it was. Have you rebooted your 8330? With the phone on, take the battery out, leave it out a few seconds, then put it back. See if that corrects the problem.
    11-16-09 08:01 AM
    Just re-booted. Apparently, this should become a regularly scheduled event. Punched up the browser and it went right there. Thanks!

Now, how about the WAP thing anybody?
    11-16-09 08:09 AM
    I don't understand your WAP question. Can you be more specific about the problem?
    11-16-09 08:11 AM
    Oh, sorry. I'm trying to view movie trailers using Poynt. I have another thread in 3rd party app about this. I was told I need 3G, WAP browser and or WiFi to see the trailers. I have not modified the 8330 and wonder if the default VZW browser is WAP? Seemed to be an appropriate area to ask about my carrier-specific settings.
    11-16-09 08:15 AM
    You have an HTML browser. WAP generally refers to non-smart phone devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 09:39 AM
    You have an HTML browser. WAP generally refers to non-smart phone devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Thank you. It's all new to me.
    11-16-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD