Does anyone know why I would not be able to send/receive emails on my blackberry storm, beginning today at about 9:20am? I can still send and receive texts, make and receive calls. I cannot send or receive emails, and it appears I can't get on the web (or, it's been 'requesting' for a really long time). I have taken the battery out at least three times, I have not changed any passwords, and the only thing that appears different on the device is that the code for I think the network is now in lowercase letters ('1xev' instead of '1XEV).

Any ideas?
    12-14-09 02:44 PM
    Sorry, I have a curve, not storm -- not sure why I mistyped that...
    12-14-09 02:45 PM
    your phone is not utilizing the data. do a battery pull, you will see the small 1xev turn to a 1XEV and data will be back.
    12-14-09 02:46 PM
    I already did a battery pull, three times. Any other ideas?
    12-14-09 02:48 PM
    That happened to me once. I just turned it back on manually and it hasn't happened since.
    Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>Data Services...change to On
    Also check the other settings on this screen
    12-14-09 02:59 PM
    Or dial ##0000000 and scroll down to SIP Password and enter 'vzw', push the menu key and select save. Your phone will reset and should come back on with the 1XEV.
    12-14-09 03:04 PM
    That did it - thanks a lot!
    What is still 'not connected' is the blackberry enterprise server -- is that something that also should be connected? (I don't know what that is.) I can't get it to switch, but maybe it is a feature I'm not supposed to have.
    12-14-09 03:04 PM
    What is still 'not connected' is the blackberry enterprise server -- is that something that also should be connected? (I don't know what that is.) I can't get it to switch, but maybe it is a feature I'm not supposed to have.
    That won't show connected unless you're configured to use a BES through work. Sounds like you're on BIS only... so, that will always say Not Connected.
    12-14-09 03:09 PM
    too many responses -- this one worked:
    Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>Data Services...change to On
    12-14-09 03:10 PM
    thanks a lot
    12-14-09 03:18 PM
    Does anyone know why I would not be able to send/receive emails on my blackberry storm, beginning today at about 9:20am? I can still send and receive texts, make and receive calls. I cannot send or receive emails, and it appears I can't get on the web (or, it's been 'requesting' for a really long time). I have taken the battery out at least three times, I have not changed any passwords, and the only thing that appears different on the device is that the code for I think the network is now in lowercase letters ('1xev' instead of '1XEV).

Any ideas?
    1xev (still waiting for ip provisioning)
    1XEV (ip has been provisioned)
    12-14-09 03:39 PM
    What is still 'not connected' is the blackberry enterprise server - is that something that also should be connected? (I don't know what that is.) I can't get it to switch, but maybe it is a feature I'm not supposed to have.
    BES is only required if youre on some corporate work server
    12-14-09 03:42 PM
    It will say both BIS and BES are connected if you use wifi. I noticed that.. I don't have BES yet when I am on wifi, it says both are connected through wifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 02:36 AM
    Or dial ##0000000 and scroll down to SIP Password and enter 'vzw', push the menu key and select save. Your phone will reset and should come back on with the 1XEV.
    Hi Bro,
    i went thru ur steps but i cant find SIP Password location on the screen.. can u tell me where i can find it. thanks
    12-15-09 06:55 PM
    I have had the same issue and resent the service books. Don't really understand what that does?
    12-15-09 09:07 PM
    You dial ##000000 as if you were calling someone, then hit send, which will bring up a large list of numbers... You have to scroll down a ways, but you will see a line that says SIP User ID, which will be yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com, then right below that is the SIP Password... Where you type in "vzw" (case is important), and then hit the menu key, then Save... Phone will reset, and data should return...
    12-15-09 10:19 PM
    I have had the same issue and resent the service books. Don't really understand what that does?
    Without data, sending the service books will do nothing...
    12-15-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD