Whenever I stream music or am downloading files onto my BB, my data connection conveniently switches from 1XEV to 1X. Once my download stops or I close Slacker, it suddenly finds 1XEV connectivity again.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or should I put on my tinfoil hat? I am in the New York City area with a BB Storm.
    04-28-09 12:50 PM
    I have the same problem, I am full 1XEV and whenever I open the browser, or Pandora or anything else that uses data I go to 1X. It is very annoying. The only time I have 1XEV while using it is when I am driving.
    04-28-09 01:05 PM
    I often experience a similar problem. I have a 1XEV connection, then I will open a tethering session, and it seems to instantly switch to 1X. This just started happening recently....
    04-28-09 01:09 PM
    i noticed it when i first got my Storm, but chalked it up to bad reception or beta OS... but it happens only when i am doing data transfer! Slacker skips consistently, mobile sites take forever to load, and loading a 300kb file takes just under a minute...
    04-28-09 01:17 PM
    the transfer is generally not a consistent stream, it'll boost and slow, the stream will be like a wave in the ocean, just how the signal is designed. when LTE comes out, it'll be way more consistent!
    04-28-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD