09-05-09 03:59 PM
38 12
tools
    Have you tried *22899?

I don't know the technical jargon, but apparently it updates the data network programmed on your phone...

Good luck!
    Are you tech for VZW? I bet you are not and do not even know what *22899 is used for and the fact there is NO reason to do it on any for VZW. I would not recommend of what you may not know.

Now then, *22899 is used for USB modem and aircards as you cannot do a *228 opt 1 or 2 on them.

Also if you do this on a DUMB phone, it will erase any passwords they have on them. Thisis one reason that tech have been advised not to *22899 on phones anymore.

*228 opt 1 same thing - it programs and updates tower infomration.
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-31-09 at 06:34 PM.
    05-30-09 03:43 PM
    Gotcha. I am able to SMS. I go through that same routine at least once a day. Manually register, resend service books, sometimes a battery pull as well. Irritating
    I even have a ticket open with VZW network for this, mine has progressively gotten worse over the past couple of months. Was jsut open yesterday, I will let you know the results.
    05-30-09 03:44 PM
    You could try wiping your handset clean and reprogramming the OS?

Bizarre...must be a handset issue then if your wife's pearl works fine...
    Are you tech for VZW? I bet you are not and do not even know what *22899 is used for and the fact there is NO reason to do it on any for VZW. I would not recommend of what you may not know.

Now then, *22899 is used for USb modem and aircards as you cannot do a *228 opt 1 or 2 on them.

*228 opt 1 same thing - it programes and updates tower infomration.
    LOL, I knew what she meant. You'd be surprised how many people are told to do just that on these forums, *22899. But yes, wiped (both voluntary and unvoluntary), clean .75 install, nothing. The phone is a goner. You can go back to your regularly scheduled program now.
    05-30-09 03:48 PM
    I even have a ticket open with VZW network for this, mine has progressively gotten worse over the past couple of months. Was jsut open yesterday, I will let you know the results.
    Thank you, looking forward to that information. Mine started about a couple months ago as well. Interestingly enough, the techs I spoke to never mentioned anything about the network, unless they did something behind the scenes and didn't mention it to me.
    05-30-09 03:55 PM
    Thank you, looking forward to that information. Mine started about a couple months ago as well. Interestingly enough, the techs I spoke to never mentioned anything about the network, unless they did something behind the scenes and didn't mention it to me.
    Sounds like we have the same for sure. I called our Emp accounts yesterday and they want to exchange the device. I refused as I am eligablefor upgrade anyway and I am waiting for the new tour to come out. I did ask if they would do a ticket as the problem is getting worse. They agreed.

So If i watch really close, I am sure that within a week or so, the can you hear now guys will be by to measure signal in the area.
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-31-09 at 06:32 PM.
    05-30-09 05:11 PM

Now then, *22899 is used for USb modem and aircards as you cannot do a *228 opt 1 or 2 on them.

Also if you do this on a DUMBphone, it will erase any passwords they have on them. Thisis one reason that tech have been advised not to *22899 on phones anymore.

*228 opt 1 same thing - it programes and updates tower infomration.
    Then you should tell your techs to stop telling people that... They told us that a couple of weeks ago in the store!!! But regardless... I apologize if I steared anyone in the wrong direction. I thought he was looking for advice from us common folks or else would've posted in the Ask a Verizon Wireless Rep post... my bad!
    05-31-09 12:28 PM
    Then you should tell your techs to stop telling people that... They told us that a couple of weeks ago in the store!!! But regardless... I apologize if I steared anyone in the wrong direction. I thought he was looking for advice from us common folks or else would've posted in the Ask a Verizon Wireless Rep post... my bad!
    I would agree, people will be people and will do what they want. When they mess up someones device, they might get the picture. While the techs in a store do a great job, techs in call centers have access to way more resources than a store has.

Also being fair, the stores have abilities to do things that call center reps cannot do.
    05-31-09 06:32 PM
    I would agree, people will be people and will do what they want. When they mess up someones device, they might get the picture. While the techs in a store do a great job, techs in call centers have access to way more resources than a store has.

Also being fair, the stores have abilities to do things that call center reps cannot do.

like having the device in there hand

sometimes hands on is easier to deal with but sometimes it can also be more risky
    05-31-09 06:34 PM
    like having the device in there hand

sometimes hands on is easier to deal with but sometimes it can also be more risky
    Agreed, there is a small amount of things while on a phone I wish I could be there for. THere is not much that I cannot walk a customer though over the phone. The one big one I have most of the time is getting the customer to get darn battery cover off the device . On average I handle 3-4 store techs a day that call us to get an issue resolved. This is not because they cannot do it, but do not have the tools we do.
    05-31-09 06:38 PM
    Meh... I am really paranoid of the reps on the phone after a few months ago, we called to activate a replacement phone (website was down) on one of our lines... We were very, incredibly specific which line and even repeated "Please make sure you are replacing it on the phone with area code xxx not area code xxx..." and they still put it on the wrong account.

THREE HOURS LATER we were still on the phone with VZW and being told "It's hung up in the system... could take 48 hrs to get repaired."

My hubby is self-employed... having no access to a cell phone was BAD NEWS.

Ever since then we do everything in store... It makes probably no sense, but it's less frustrating when you know you can reach across the counter and strangle the person in front of you... LOL!

But now... ooof. Thank God for crackberry and the experts here is all I can say... Steering me continuously in a better direction than any of the options so far! So what I'm saying in a long-winded way is - THANKS!
    05-31-09 06:39 PM
    Meh... I am really paranoid of the reps on the phone after a few months ago, we called to activate a replacement phone (website was down) on one of our lines... We were very, incredibly specific which line and even repeated "Please make sure you are replacing it on the phone with area code xxx not area code xxx..." and they still put it on the wrong account.

THREE HOURS LATER we were still on the phone with VZW and being told "It's hung up in the system... could take 48 hrs to get repaired."

My hubby is self-employed... having no access to a cell phone was BAD NEWS.

Ever since then we do everything in store... It makes probably no sense, but it's less frustrating when you know you can reach across the counter and strangle the person in front of you... LOL!

But now... ooof. Thank God for crackberry and the experts here is all I can say... Steering me continuously in a better direction than any of the options so far! So what I'm saying in a long-winded way is - THANKS!
    Once again it is down to the age old adage, it all depends on who get. like the story from the other day in another thread where a store tech wiped a BB and did not check with the owner if it was okay.

World I rest my case
    05-31-09 06:42 PM
    Once again it is down to the age old adage, it all depends on who get. like the story from the other day in another thread where a store tech wiped a BB and did not check with the owner if it was okay.

World I rest my case
    Man, I had almost forgotten that traumatic experience. Thanks for bringing it up again!!

Just for the record, I have had MUCH better luck calling in than I have had going into the store. With everything from equipment upgrades, to plan questions, to troubleshooting. Also it seems the customer care reps have a lot more power at their disposal to get things done. In the store, if anything out of the ordinary needs done often times you are waiting while they are speaking to the manager or supervisor getting permission, Or they are on the phone with a customer service rep
    06-01-09 08:43 AM

I win.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 03:59 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD