Hi,

I am on Verizon wireless and since I've switched from my 8800 to my 8300 my network has gone from a constant 1XEV (all caps), to a semi constant 1X. Can anyone tell me what this means? I mean it was almost always 1XEV where ever I went and now its almost always the latter, is this a Verizon issue? Should I contact Verizon or is this a RIM issue?
    09-09-08 04:27 PM
    Service pushed to the device (voice) and since your service comes from Verizon. It would be their problem... I would call them or go into a store and have them check the device, maybe a bad antenna.. they can run some tests and checks on it....

Keep us posted.

* When is the last time you did, *228 option 2?
    09-09-08 04:32 PM
    Service pushed to the device (voice) and since your service comes from Verizon. It would be their problem... I would call them or go into a store and have them check the device, maybe a bad antenna.. they can run some tests and checks on it....

Keep us posted.

* When is the last time you did, *228 option 2?
    I don't know what *228 option 2 is
    09-09-08 04:35 PM
    Dial *228

then when it prompts hit option 2. wait till it does it's thing..... then hang up once completed. pull battery and reboot, see if it's better.
    09-09-08 04:39 PM
    Dial *228

then when it prompts hit option 2. wait till it does it's thing..... then hang up once completed. pull battery and reboot, see if it's better.
    I did what you said, it didn't work. I mean, it said activation successful but its still on 1X
    09-09-08 04:49 PM
    Losing EVDO is probably a Carrier/Cell Tower issue, but if you have lost your network altogether, either the system is down or the antenna within the 8330. I would have them look at it, or call.
    09-09-08 05:12 PM
    WHat was said before, This is a VZW issue, not having EV will affect data and speeds
    09-09-08 05:29 PM
    this sure is a vzw problem i had a problem with a cell before and they took it and changed it out for me ....plus in your case you had a phone and it had better service its not like you moved locations or anything
    09-09-08 09:52 PM
    Also, it's 8830 and 8330, not 8800 and 8300 (those are GSM.)
    09-09-08 10:57 PM
    The lg vx8300 isn't GSM. OP hasn't really made it clear what phone they have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 11:09 PM
    Hi,

I am on Verizon wireless and since I've switched from my 8800 to my 8300 my network has gone from a constant 1XEV (all caps), to a semi constant 1X. Can anyone tell me what this means? I mean it was almost always 1XEV where ever I went and now its almost always the latter, is this a Verizon issue? Should I contact Verizon or is this a RIM issue?
    Could it be antenna issues with your phone? It might be the device, no?
    09-13-08 09:01 PM
    I don't know what *228 option 2 is
    I think, VZW encourages you to *228 once ea. month to update your roaming capabilities and push any device updates ( I think that goes more for plain cell phones).
    09-13-08 09:04 PM
    I think, VZW encourages you to *228 once ea. month to update your roaming capabilities and push any device updates ( I think that goes more for plain cell phones).
    VZW recommends that *228 opt 2 be done about every 60 days. This does nothing (as far as device updates) to the device, except update tower information. This helps all phones, not just regular phones.
    09-13-08 09:42 PM
    I work for a wireless carrier and we are *PLAGUED* with the little 1xev connections on Blackberrys - Yesterday, I took 2 8830's, set them side by side and verified that both have the same OS, firmware, etc...both 4 bars of signal...

One repeatedly drops to 1xev - the other, sitting 3 inches away has never had the problem. Given that I'm 120 yards from the tower, and in the switch room...network can be assumed to be OK - We see this among the full line of Blackberrys also - Pearls to 8830's...

We've made every network tweak known and unknown to man we think. It appears this isn't isolated to VZW, Sprint, Alltel...etc... In other posts, RIM doesn't appear to be of help either - they follow the standard Microsoft/Cisco approach: "The next OS release should fix it..."

I've decided to resort to voodoo... Anyone know a witch doctor?
    10-14-08 07:23 AM
    This happened to me once also. It took three different calls to vzw tech service before I got someone who figured it out. Since then its been fine.

10-14-08 07:37 AM
    This happened to me once also. It took three different calls to vzw tech service before I got someone who figured it out. Since then its been fine.

How about you post what the fix was or think it was so that it helps others out?
    10-14-08 08:22 AM
    I wish I could post what the fix was but what he told me was that there was some glitch and somethin basicly got turned off on there side.

10-14-08 08:56 AM
    I wish I could post what the fix was but what he told me was that there was some glitch and somethin basicly got turned off on there side.

More info then you posted before. Thanks.
    10-14-08 09:44 AM
    I have the same issue as well, when I am out and about I am full service 1XEV, when I am home most of the time is it 1x...What will taking it into VZW do? just call *228 for me or what?
    10-14-08 02:13 PM
    i would call to report a network issue. taking it to a strore will not help much unless there is something wrong with the phone itself. This goes for voice and data issues.

Answers to FAQs - Verizon Wireless Support

Why can't I make a call when I am inside a building? Typically when a wireless phone is not fully operating while inside of a home or building, it is because of the interference with our cellular towers. You may not be receiving a full signal when trying to connect your calls because a wireless signal is limited when it tries to pass through brick, steel, or other material. You can usually make a call with a minimal amount of signal strength; however, receiving a call requires approximately full signal strength. To help identify what’s causing this issue please call us at (800) 922-0204 from a landline phone.
    10-14-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD