Is there a difference? My 8330 bounces back and forth between lowercase and uppercase as I travel.
    06-18-09 08:57 AM
    Lowercase is voice and no data, capitols is voice and data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 08:59 AM
    I wonder if there is much voice quality difference between just 1X and EVDO? None that I can hear.
    06-18-09 09:04 AM
    Lowercase is actually no connection to a blackberry server, and capitals means you're connected to the blackberry servers. You should still have data. It gets confusing because if you use the regular BB browser on lowercase evdo, you won't get anywhere because that browser routes data through RIM's servers. However, if you use a browser like opera mini or bolt, you should still have a data connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 09:15 AM
    that would explain why bbm has been so delayed lately. I've noticed on lowercase evdo the messages don't get sent and my contacts that are also in lowercase evdo show up as busy or unreachable
    06-18-09 09:28 AM
    Often if you turn the radio on and off it will connect to the BIS servers - in poor reception areas I often get stuck in the dreaded "lowercase mode".
    06-18-09 09:34 AM
    Great question and thanks for the answer guys! I've been wondering the difference for a while now.
    06-18-09 09:54 AM
    I bounce between 1X and 1xEVDO...does that mean then that with just 1X I don't have access to the BB network? Hmmmmm.
    06-18-09 03:28 PM
    You still have BB network access with 1X.

1X has access and 1XEVDO has high speed access.
    1x is low speed without access and 1xevdo is high speed without access.

Clear as mud?
    06-18-09 03:30 PM
    thanks guys
    06-18-09 05:46 PM
    You still have BB network access with 1X.

1X has access and 1XEVDO has high speed access.
    1x is low speed without access and 1xevdo is high speed without access.

Clear as mud?
    so my Sprint curve says "1xev". By your logic, I should not be able to receive push mail nor use BBM - since both of these functions are BB server-related. Well, I am receiving push mail AND having BBM conversations.

So, not clear as mud.
    10-13-09 04:55 PM
    so my Sprint curve says "1xev". By your logic, I should not be able to receive push mail nor use BBM - since both of these functions are BB server-related. Well, I am receiving push mail AND having BBM conversations.

So, not clear as mud.
    Hi, this is a verizon forum. Bye.
    10-14-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD