hi,

As a NY state employee (university student) i have a 19% discount on my verizon wireless family plan of 3 phones. I was a student 2 years ago but not anymore. Verizonwireless has not asked me of my student status since then and i have for obvious reasons not brought it up with them.

please advise me which of the following 2 choices are better for me.(how much $$$ do i save with verizon assuming i keep my 19% discount when upgrading VS switching over to ATTWIRELESS with the same 3000 min plan with a total of 3 phones)

1) stick with verizon and upgrade to blackberry STORM (my 2 yr contract with verizon is over)

2) move over to AT&T and get BB BOLD and one iphone for my dad and the third phone can be any cheap phone

I presently have 3000 min plan with my verizon wireless for my family plan of 3 phones.

any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    vijay
    Last edited by bberrynut; 11-21-08 at 07:49 PM.
    11-21-08 07:43 PM
    So do you get a discount on att or not? And can't you just figure it out? Seems like a pretty simple math equation
    11-22-08 12:59 AM
    I did not quite like the new BB storm. I know i get a discount at VZW . Add to that there is a new Javelin BB coming i dont know whether to att or vzw.
    I dont get a discount with att only with vzw
    11-22-08 08:19 AM
    I did not quite like the new BB storm. I know i get a discount at VZW . Add to that there is a new Javelin BB coming i dont know whether to att or vzw.
    I dont get a discount with att only with vzw
    Have you checked AT&T's coverage map in your area? Sounds like you want to go to AT&T but you need that extra push. Funny you should ask this question in a Verizon forum. Try AT&T for a month, see how there service is, with the Bold, and if you like it, go for it. Remember, starting new service, you will have activation fees for those 3 lines, pay for the new phones, and of course, there's always the dreaded first bill.... Or you can wait for the next Blackberry to release on Verizon, which no one knows when it will be released. It's really your decision.
    11-22-08 08:32 AM
    Sorry for my stupid question. Do we have discount for college/university student ?
    11-27-08 03:28 PM
    Sorry for my stupid question. Do we have discount for college/university student ?
    It really depends on your university. Ck with them.

regards,
    vj
    11-27-08 03:38 PM
    scurvidilicious -- your assessment of my question is absolutely right.
    With At&t i have the option of getting an iphone for my dad, and new BB's usually come to At&t first, they have the BB Bold which i like and probably javelin will come to att also. But on the downside their service is not as good as verizon. I was hoping BB storm would help me decide but i dont like the reviews -- i did try the storm in the verizon store for a few mins and did not like it.
    With verizon i get my 19% discount.
    I might have to just get the BB curve if i stick with verizon. I will wait and see for an other month and then decide.

thanks for replying,
    have a wonderful thanksgiving holiday.
    best
    vj
    11-27-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD