I've been a long time VZW user and I can't help but notice Sprint's new pricing structure... $99.99 for Unlimited everything. On VZW it is $149.99. Why should I stay with VZW? I'm happy with the service but for $50 bucks less a month - that really adds up!
    Am I missing out on some discounts that I should be using? I use 2000+ minutes every month plus a ton of emails and text messages.
    04-10-08 04:19 PM
    I've been a long time VZW user and I can't help but notice Sprint's new pricing structure... $99.99 for Unlimited everything. On VZW it is $149.99. Why should I stay with VZW? I'm happy with the service but for $50 bucks less a month - that really adds up!
    Am I missing out on some discounts that I should be using? I use 2000+ minutes every month plus a ton of emails and text messages.
    Ask people that you know who have Sprint how their service is? How reliable? Drop calls? Customer service calls and resolutions? etc. Take advantage of their trial period. Test it out for yourself. If it works for you, then make the switch and save some money. I know I would.
    04-10-08 04:38 PM
    Though I hate Sprints CS $99 is alot better than $149. I live in NY in I never have problems with my service even when I travel.

I am also surprised that this plan includes The BB plan which is GREAT!
    04-10-08 05:17 PM
    Yep, find out how people in your area like sprint's service. I say why change a good thing, but $50 will add up at the end of the year.

Remember now, you get what you pay for.
    04-10-08 06:29 PM
    I wouldnt want sprint service in NYC but thats just me. I would go Verizon, Tmo, AT&T, then Sprint. It all depends where you live and how your service is really.
    04-10-08 06:34 PM
    Never had a problem with sprint service or their CS. And everything Ive had to deal with them has gone smoothly. Maybe I'm a lucky one? But yes, saving 50 bucks a month is a lot.
    04-10-08 06:36 PM
    Thanks for the advise - I'm gonna check with some people throughout my territory to see what they have to say.... I guess nobody has any experience getting discounts out of them for service????

I don't mind paying extra for great service but for $50 a month I can start to assemble a team of people to follow me around everywhere I go. Heck for 550 a year, I might be able to throw in a pair of black rim glasses - then I could be just like the commercial!
    04-10-08 09:32 PM
    A few thousand people wearing T-Shirts with "Sprint charges $99.99 for the same thing that Verizion charges $149.99 for" written on them while shopping/browsing in Verizon stores across the country would get a message across as well.
    04-10-08 09:50 PM
    Everyone that I've checked with said that Sprints reception is good - but customer service can be horrible...
    $550 a year difference - I think I might roll the dice - still on the fence.

Has anyone had success with customer retention and getting anything discounts/specials at VZW?
    04-13-08 01:05 PM
    I had sprint for a miserable year and a half, 550 more a year and my etf were worth it to stop dropping calls or having no service at all. They have a test drive program, I would try that put on a new line, then if you like it, port..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 02:15 PM
    The thing with sprint is and I work for them is that there network is pretty crappy. Dropped calls, BIS/BES issues, txting issues/delays. You will always pay more for vzw due to the fact that there is hardly any network issues. Some people will disagree with that, but it's the truth. I've been with vz since 2000 and have never had any issues with the network. I know poeple who have been with sprint the same amount of time with no issues. It depends on the location and honestly sprint's network has gone downhill in the last several years.

Pretty much you pay more for better service, and you pay less for lesser service.
    04-13-08 02:31 PM
    you get what you paid for.... same thing as the grass is not greener on the other side. just different :P
    04-13-08 03:13 PM
    Honestly In My Own Personal Opinion:

Both Carriers Are Excellent, If You Guys Are Thinking Of Doing The Switch From Verizon To Sprint; Just Ask Someone Around Your Area If Their Service Is Great With Sprint.

And If It Is, The Only Thing You Will Be Doing Is:

Paying $50.00 Extra For EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE If You Stay With Verizon---> Compare To Sprint.
    04-13-08 03:24 PM
    Everyone that I've checked with said that Sprints reception is good - but customer service can be horrible...
    $550 a year difference - I think I might roll the dice - still on the fence.

Has anyone had success with customer retention and getting anything discounts/specials at VZW?
    CigarMike, I've been with Sprint for well over 8 years and agree their customer service sucks usually takes 3 calls to get someone decent on the line. Ask yourself this how often do you call customer service in a year?

I travel the US for a living, have been in just about every state and have never had a problem with dropped calls or no service.

Again it comes down to how often you call customer service, if you're calling customer service a lot then I'd say you need to leave VZW for that reason alone, and save yourself a few headaches along with $600 bucks a year.
    04-13-08 03:38 PM
    I honestly dont think paying $50 extra just because of CS is worth it. I've had problems with Sprint CS but I dont even deal with them often enough, only when I upgrade or change my plan.

And their Service is pretty good for me in NY whether I'm in the city or the suburbs. I've been with them for 9 yrs.
    04-13-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD