11-03-09 10:36 AM
32 12
tools
    I tried searching but found nothing.

what is with every phone in a verizon ad or poster shows 12:21 as the time ?
    10-30-09 12:14 PM
    i tried searching but found nothing.

What is with every phone in a verizon ad or poster shows 12:21 as the time ?
    omg armaggedon!!!!! Even vzw is on board!
    10-30-09 12:15 PM
    Some one probably did a market study and they determined these were the most pleasing numbers. I read somewhere once that clocks (with hands and not digital) used to always be pictured at something like 10:10 because it made the clock face look kind of like a smiley face and it made customers think good thoughts about the product. Don't remember where I read that but for some reason an economics class I attended comes to mind. I think we were learning about marketing tricks at the time.
    10-30-09 12:22 PM
    I tried searching but found nothing.

what is with every phone in a verizon ad or poster shows 12:21 as the time ?
    Who notices this stuff lol
    I'm thinkin conspiracy to the max.
    10-30-09 12:25 PM
    Same people who see the word "sex" in the blowing weeds when Simba lies down or sees a "pe nis" castle on the Little Mermaid box...
    10-30-09 02:19 PM
    Doesn't the Mayan calender stop after 12-21 2012? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:22 PM
    Same people who see the word "sex" in the blowing weeds when Simba lies down or sees a "pe nis" castle on the Little Mermaid box...
    Actually the word "sex" was there on the original VHS tape. You had to play it in slow motion but it WAS there. You also had to have one of the first batch of tapes because after this was revealed they edited it out. There are also other urban legends about Disney movies. As a bored teenager I actually checked into this stuff and most of it was true. There is even a good one in the Wizard of Oz. At one point when they are walking down the yellow brick road you can see in the background what appears to be a person hanging himself. And if you watch one scene where the flying monkeys are attacking them at the Tinmans house there are people all over that are not in costumes and don't belong there.

I know everyone always says conspiracy about this stuff but in all seriousness it is just a marketing technique. Its the same reason why things are always priced at $9.99 instead of $10. Market research companies study this stuff to see what attracts consumers and what repels them. Obviously it works or no one would ever have noticed the clocks in the pictures are the same times.
    10-30-09 02:33 PM
    Actually the word "sex" was there on the original VHS tape. You had to play it in slow motion but it WAS there. You also had to have one of the first batch of tapes because after this was revealed they edited it out. There are also other urban legends about Disney movies. As a bored teenager I actually checked into this stuff and most of it was true. There is even a good one in the Wizard of Oz. At one point when they are walking down the yellow brick road you can see in the background what appears to be a person hanging himself. And if you watch one scene where the flying monkeys are attacking them at the Tinmans house there are people all over that are not in costumes and don't belong there.
    This stuff always freaked me out.
    10-30-09 02:54 PM
    I believe they're called eggs or something and there are entire sites deidcated to them.
    10-30-09 03:04 PM
    File:Lionkg2.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hahaha
    10-30-09 03:09 PM
    I believe they're called eggs or something and there are entire sites deidcated to them.
    I think you mean Easter eggs.

10-30-09 04:09 PM

What are you talking about?
    10-30-09 04:47 PM
    Ok, so maybe it's just Blackberries ? I guess I didnt realize Verzion sold other phones, haha....just kidding.

10-31-09 01:33 AM
    It's a BlackBerry thing. Look at the default theme options all say 12:21
    10-31-09 01:38 AM
    Except Pearl.

10-31-09 02:41 AM
    I guess all this means, is nobody knows what it means ?
    10-31-09 05:13 PM
    I think RIM is predicting the start of the 5th age

10-31-09 06:19 PM
    I guess all this means, is nobody knows what it means ?
    It could mean...

A) RIM is a believer in the Aztec calendar miscalculation.

B) They wanted 12:51 to make it mirrored, but their photographer misread the memo.

C) RIM's superstitions only allow them to photograph their devices twice per day.
    10-31-09 06:42 PM

C) RIM's superstitions only allow them to photograph their devices twice per day.
    That's GOTTA be it..haha.
    10-31-09 06:59 PM
    Twins,

Don't you mean the Mayan calendar? And where's the proof that its been miscalculated?

10-31-09 09:13 PM
    Twins,

Don't you mean the Mayan calendar? And where's the proof that its been miscalculated?
    Ack! Too much sun today, or something.

You are correct - MAYAN.

The miscalculation stems from the fact our current calendar & the Mayan calendar were not matched, the match is wrong & at the very least, there is about a 7 year error.

One of my favorite answers to the question was written by someone I have corresponded with (icabod) & found in the following link.

2012 Mayan Calendar Error

Nothing exceptional will be happening in 2012, except the removal of a fool in Washington.
    10-31-09 09:44 PM

Nothing exceptional will be happening in 2012, except the removal of a fool in Washington.
    only to be replaced with another fool ?
    11-02-09 02:10 PM
    What about Nostradamus and I Ching corrobating?

11-02-09 03:20 PM
    What about Nostradamus and I Ching corrobating?
    They don't - it seems you should stop watching the History Channel fabrications & fairy tales.

I have heard of people misinterpreting Scripture to also corroborate all of this - but it is nothing but misinterpretation.

Even the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world in 2012 - the Mayans were sun-worshippers, hence the ending of their calendar coinciding with the Winter Solstice - another big event in sun-worship.

Nostradamus was so vague & garbled, any grade-schooler could have done better. Wasn't the world supposed to end in 2000, or by the end of the Millenium? Almost nine years into the new Millenium, we are still here. Every Nostradamus "prediction" was interpreted as such after the fact. Nostradamus was "credited" with predicting California would fall off the map in 1988 & WWIII in the latter half of the 20th Century. Still waiting on both.

The same people who cling to the Hollywood fabrication of 666 also hold to thing like the I-Ching, Mayan calendar & Nostradamus garbage.

As I said - turn off the History Channel & do something worthwhile with your time instead of dwelling on phony doomsday predictions.

11-02-09 03:53 PM
    Awwww but doomsday predictions are fun see, microsoft released an OS that works the first time, so I figure the world is fixing to come to an end anyway. Really tho the mayans never said it would, just that it would end the 4th age.

11-02-09 06:18 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD