My $100 off is set to expire on 7-16-11. I was hoping I would be able to last until the 9930 came out, but it doesn't look good. I tried the Droid 2 global and couldn't get my emails consistently & went back to my BB Tour. I really don't want to use the $100 off on a 9650. Any suggestions? Should I try an Iphone?
    07-05-11 04:16 PM
    if youre referring to your ne2 credit, you have been misinformed, they stopped issuing ne2 credits, if you have one you can still claim it, if you got a letter in the mail saying you get 100 dollars off an upgrade, theyre not offering you anything special, you were supposed to receive the credit anyways, they just want you in the door
    07-05-11 06:46 PM
    Yes, it's a ne2 credit, but they told me it expires on 7-16-11.
    07-05-11 07:07 PM
    did someone in store tell you it expires by that said date?
    07-05-11 08:52 PM
    Just confirmed, the rep in store probably told you that so you would come back and upgrade your phone and what not within his week, he probably said the 16th knowing he worked up until then, its just a tactic used to make sure you see him and you see him soon, your ne2 credit does not expire, they stopped doing the program with ne2 credits just like annual upgrades but youre good to upgrade with that credit whenever youd like
    07-05-11 08:59 PM
    I actually called & was told it expired. The store said they didn't know if it expired. I would really hate to loose the $100, but would like to use on the 9930.
    07-05-11 09:12 PM
    how about this
    call this number
    hit 0 several times until it says theyre putting you through to a rep, give them your phone number and the last 4 of your ssn
    ask if you have an ne2 credit
    07-05-11 09:15 PM
    That's the number I called & the rep said I had until 7-16-11. I just did the chat & they said I have 3 months from now, but she also said it's 3 months from the upgrade date which was 8-28-10. So I have gotten 3 different responses from Verizon and I can't get it in writing. Do I gamble & wait for the 9930 or use it now on iphone4?
    07-05-11 09:36 PM
    You know, the new iPhone should be coming out in September, and the 9930 would be coming out then or sooner probably so your best bet is to wait. I mean it sucks you lose a hundred buck discount but oh well. I'm sure you'll get a good deal if you bargain right.
    07-06-11 04:37 AM
    You could use it, get an iphone, then sell it for a nice price (they hold value, especially NIB), and then save that money for the 9930.
    07-06-11 07:57 AM
    ........your ne2 credit does not expire, they stopped doing the program with ne2 credits just like annual upgrades but youre good to upgrade with that credit whenever youd like
    Wrong!

The announcements regarding the end of NE2 include that once you are in the timeframe when you can use your last NE2, you have 6 months to use it, otherwise it will expire. For example, I became eligible for my last NE2 in mid-May. But it will expire as of mid-November.

Answers to FAQs

New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the New Every Two program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your New Every Two benefit one more time for up to six months after fulfilling 20 months of your two-year term.
    07-06-11 08:02 AM
    sucks that the expire though
    07-06-11 12:04 PM
    In the past when the program was still around and active, they would often honor a NE2 long after it had "expired" HOWEVER, now that the program has ended you can BET they will hold fast to expiration dates. Other than they might grant you small extentions IF you ask in a timely maner and plan to purchase soon. Like if you need an extra week because you are away or something like that, BUT for the most part, they are gonna expire these things as soon as they can!
    07-06-11 03:10 PM
    for the most part, they are gonna expire these things as soon as they can!
    I understand that if one has a phone that now becomes eligible for NE2, one has six months from that date to exercise NE2, or else lose it. But I have a phone that qualified for NE2 more than six months before the program was terminated. When does its NE2 really go away? Six months after the termination date of the program? Is that the magic July 16 date? As of today, I still have a "loyalty discount" available on that phone, which is the NE2.
    07-06-11 03:42 PM
    I like the idea of just getting the iPhone now better.
    07-08-11 03:46 AM
    Use it on the iphone 4, sell it when you get it and go back to your tour. Your probably going to make a pretty penny off the iphone and save that for the 9930. Sound like a plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD