Here's my situation. VZW messes up lost my unlimited data plan I've tried for months to get it back but to no avail. I cancelled my line due to frustion and have a $350 ETF. I went to Straight Talk with the bring your own phone. Problem is AT&T keeps dropping almost every call its an utter joke. So I'm thinking its back to Verizon. I can buy a CPO black 9330 and get the social networking package and save my self from paying the ETF. However I'm concerned about the amount of data that they give you. When I had my blackberry I only used it for BBM Facebook foursquare and emails. Using between 200-300MBs a month never connecting to wifi. I have wifi at work and am thinking about getting it at the house. I just can't see paying $30 to have a data package on the BB. If it was an android or iPhone I would understand. I'm a little hesitant to jump ship and find out it sucks. Also concerned about the quality of the phone. I'm a premium phone user who's tight when it comes to most everything else. I really liked my 9930. The 8530 seemed like a sorry excuse for a blackberry just poor build quality. Any thoughts or suggestions on this plan would be great.
    04-16-12 08:06 AM
    IIRC, you won't be able to email on the social plan. You should be ok with 75MB for BBM, but I don't know about facebook. I've heard it updates often.

Also, check out this thread. Someone had asked a very similar question: http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...l-plan-714144/
    Last edited by raino; 04-17-12 at 06:16 PM. Reason: mistakenly put down 200 instead of 75MB
    04-16-12 08:01 PM
    As far as I know the Verizon Social data plan you get 75mb. FourSquare would be pushing it close with data because I know it eats up data fast. You don't get full Facebook over 3G (just push notifications on my end) so you won't use much data because you need Wifi for that.
    04-17-12 06:08 PM
    No email on the Verizon Social Plan.
    04-17-12 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD