Can you tell when you reach the limit of your 10mb data plan?

ive been on maps and the browser a lot this month and dont want a huge bill for my parents... will the phone notify you how much of the 10mb you have used?

or should i just change to a unlimited data plan?
    12-20-07 07:11 PM
    If you plan on doing a lot of surfing and receive and send a ton of messages I would really suggest getting unlimited data. And NO the phone will not tell you when you have exceeded your alotted amount.
    12-20-07 07:13 PM
    I know on AT&T you can check online, but it's always at least a day late in updating.
    12-20-07 07:28 PM
    vzw will let you check your data online as well, but not always accurate. The unlimited plan is only 5 bucks more.
    12-20-07 08:09 PM
    what i hear the 10mb one is 22$ for me

the reg. unlimited is actually 44$

(per month)

parents would KILL me is i got that 44$ one so im making sure
    12-20-07 09:10 PM
    vzw will let you check your data online as well, but not always accurate. The unlimited plan is only 5 bucks more.
    thanks.... you enlightened my eyes and i switched... haggled with the SR for some time until he found it but it worked
    12-20-07 09:54 PM
    thanks.... you enlightened my eyes and i switched... haggled with the SR for some time until he found it but it worked
    So you now have unlimited data for 29.99, right? That's what it should cost. Take care!
    12-20-07 09:58 PM
    I just had this problem. None of the reps seem to know about this new plan. They all offer the 44.99 plan. I had tried to upgrade my data plan last month the Unlimited Web and Email Plan for BlackBerry ($29.99/month). Turns out the csr I had wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. She actually left me with my 24.99 10mb plan but added a regular data plan on top of that. I essentially had a data plan on top of a data plan. This is not the least of the problems. I had called to upgrade because I knew last month I would be going over my allowed data. But, because I was still on the 10mb blackberry plan I was billed about $30 in overages. (I used <16mb total). Also, somehow in the process of messing up my data plan, the csr removed my unlimited nights and weekends. This put me over my allowed minutes and resulted in overages of about $40 (@ $0.45/min.)

Well, last night I called and after speaking with two reps, I got the second one to add the data plan after she looked it up. The code floating around the forums did not work when she searched for it. I had to look up the name of it on the website and have her search by the name. Finally, she was able to switch my plan and removed the overages. She never did total up my minutes, she simply gave me a credit equal to the overages.

All worked out for the best anyway because somehow my family's total amount due for the month is <$105 compared to the normal 120+
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-20-07 at 10:26 PM.
    12-20-07 10:23 PM
    Well, last night I called and after speaking with two reps, I got the second one to add the data plan after she looked it up. The code floating around the forums did not work when she searched for it.

exactly my problem - according to my person, the 29.99 one is under FEATURES, not PLANS

why?!?!?
    12-21-07 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD