01-24-11 04:09 PM
77 123 ...
tools
    Verizon customers, passing along a tip from a friend; Verizon is apparently offering a special promotion to current data plan customers. I just got off the phone with them and was able to get the unlimited data plans on our three smart phones reduced from $30 to $10 per month per phone. That's $720 in real savings a year! Call *611 and ask for the Loyalty department to request the rate reduction.
    valorian and dr0ker like this.
    01-06-11 04:44 PM
    Sounds like the talk text and data plan that was floating around a while ago. Mine shows a 20 dollar discount a month per line that i have data on.
    01-06-11 05:21 PM
    Not sure how they are packaging it; all I know is that my monthly bill just went down $60 a month, so I am not complaining. Sorry if this is old news.
    01-06-11 05:23 PM
    Hmm, that sounds a little too good to be true especially considering I'm paying $15 for 150 MB, let alone unlimited data. Maybe supermario can chime in...
    01-06-11 05:30 PM
    My brother-in-law just called and got more info. First, you will have to hit "0" and get a live person and then tell them you want to be transferred to "Loyalty" department. He was told that in order to get the $10 data rate, you have to be on the 1400 (or higher) minute plan (he was on 700) and all the phones on your account must be on data plan (one of his wasn't). Turns out that he was able to move up to the 1400 plan and add data on the one line and still save $35 a month. Because he has more than a year on his contract, they didn't add a year (said they would have had he had less than a year on his contract), and the deal doesn't expire!
    01-06-11 05:47 PM
    I am on the line with the loyalty department now and they are saying that you must be offered the promotion by verizon in order to get it... you do have to have the 1400 minutes but also be on the list for the promotion! ****ty!
    I received nothing, but a tip from a friend. But I am on the 1400 minute plan.
    01-06-11 05:58 PM
    I just called loyalty dept. and got the $10.00 "unlimited" deal on each of my 3 smartphones. Saving $60 per month now...sweet! I am on 1400 minute plan and had to extend 1 year. on 2 of my phones, other was more then year out so. I No biggie as I am staying with VZW anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 07:12 PM
    Yes this sounds exactly like the plan that was all the rage a few weeks ago.
    01-06-11 09:13 PM
    Ya. I tried to get this. The first rep said there was no such thing and tried to get me to upgrade to an android phone. So I called back and talked with another rep who wouldn't confirm or deny it. But did say that it may be a regional thing. So no luck here in the north west

01-06-11 09:27 PM
    I just called loyalty dept. and got the $10.00 "unlimited" deal on each of my 3 smartphones. Saving $60 per month now...sweet! I am on 1400 minute plan and had to extend 1 year. on 2 of my phones, other was more then year out so. I No biggie as I am staying with VZW anyway

This work for BB plans too? And you had to extend your contract to amend any pricing right? Meh, I don't know if it's worth it...
    01-06-11 09:30 PM
    Yes, it works with any smartphone. I have it with 2 BlackBerrys. It didn't extend my contract, but I have heard that it does for some.
    01-06-11 09:44 PM
    Yes, it works with any smartphone. I have it with 2 BlackBerrys. It didn't extend my contract, but I have heard that it does for some.
    Might have to look into it then...thanks!
    01-06-11 09:55 PM
    Yes it sounds like the plan we all got a month or so ago.
    01-06-11 10:32 PM
    I'm a little torn.....I would like to take advantage of this, but I need to wait and see what happens with iPhone/BBs/etc for my wife's upgrade.

But as it stands now, not counting taxes/fees, our base cost is:

70 for 3 lines (450 minutes)
    10 for my daughters TXT bundle
    30 for my BB plan
    ----
    $110

130 T&T 1400 for 3 lines
    30 (assuming $10x3 for data)
    ----
    $160

So for us, it's not a break, but an increase in cost $600/year.

Of course, if we upgrade my wife to the iPhone, which would (likely) be $30/mo, at that time it might make sense to try for something like this, if even around any more.....
    01-07-11 09:45 AM
    It just worked for me, and i didnt have to extend my contract. It literally took 5 minutes. Thanks OP! That is $40 savings per month.
    01-07-11 09:50 AM
    Is it an absolute necessity that all lines on your account have a data plan?
    01-07-11 11:06 AM
    That's what I want to know.....

Gonna call just to see what I get offered, if anything
    01-07-11 12:19 PM
    Ok......here's what The rep I spoke with said:

All lines do NOT have to have data.
    And you do NOT have to even change plans.

The trigger is purchase/upgrade to a Smartphone from a dumbphone.

The only phone on our account eligible now, then, is my wife's dumb phone (my Bold and my daughter's enV3 aren't up until May).

But if I went for it and got my wife, say, a Droid right now. We could choose the 700 T&T and have 3 lines, 2 with data, and have the unlimited text on everything, and net $130, which is only $20 more.

But Droid just is not the right phone for my wife, I think........
    Last edited by jlb21; 01-07-11 at 12:22 PM.
    jorGeorge likes this.
    01-07-11 12:20 PM
    BGR is now reporting 2/3 as the release date for the iPhone. I would so love this promotion to still be around then.....
    01-07-11 01:09 PM
    Amazing that everyone seems to get a slightly different response from Verizon. Including myself, I now know four people who have called in last 24 hours and taken advantage of this. I think the key is insisting on talking to someone in the Loyalty department. We've all been told:
    - must be on 1400 minute plan
    - all phones must be on data plan
    - one year contract extension ONLY if in your last year of 2 year agreement, no change if you have a 2012 date already
    - no expiration to this deal, but you loose discount if you take data off a phone.
    - no issue transferring data discount to new smartphones in the future (Android to BB, vice versa)

No idea how this plays into iPhone options in the future, but making the call saved me $60 a month on my three smartphones (1 BB and 2 Androids), and it didn't change my contract. I simply cannot argue with $720 in real savings a year!
    jorGeorge likes this.
    01-07-11 01:18 PM
    All phones on the plan must data enabled? Well I can't do it then.

I got a call about 3 months ago from Verizon and they gave me one month of free service (200.00). Does that impact this deal?
    01-07-11 01:39 PM
    pakbackr... agreed, like I previously stated, worked like a charm for me when I called and am too saving $720 a year now, that's real money! Extending out 1yr, no big deal, staying with VZW anyway; heck I also ended up buying the Droid 2 Global from the same rep who gave saved me $60 per month....and he gave me $50 credit towards the phone (another story why). Net price of $149.99 to early upgrade from BB Tour to D2G!

01-07-11 01:49 PM
    All phones on the plan must data enabled? Well I can't do it then.

I got a call about 3 months ago from Verizon and they gave me one month of free service (200.00). Does that impact this deal?
    My brother-in-law added data to a regular phone that previously didn't have data package, and upped his minutes, and still saved $35 a month. You should look into it.
    01-07-11 02:38 PM
    Amazing that everyone seems to get a slightly different response from Verizon. Including myself, I now know four people who have called in last 24 hours and taken advantage of this. I think the key is insisting on talking to someone in the Loyalty department. We've all been told:
    - must be on 1400 minute plan
    - all phones must be on data plan
    - one year contract extension ONLY if in your last year of 2 year agreement, no change if you have a 2012 date already
    - no expiration to this deal, but you loose discount if you take data off a phone.
    - no issue transferring data discount to new smartphones in the future (Android to BB, vice versa)
    Thank You for post this. I just called Verizon and got this discount. We were told the same ab above. I'm now saving $30/month on my phone plan. We only had to extend out our contract for 1 year. Which is fine with me because I do not plan to leave Verizon. We were also told that if we needed to remove a phone from our plan we would not loose this discount so long as our remaining phones stay the same.
    01-07-11 03:09 PM
    I hope hope hope this is still around come iPhone time. Of course, I could uprgade my daughter to a BB Curve, but that is more than she needs.......
    01-07-11 03:32 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD