A rumor at Gizmodo states that customers who don't want Vcast can still get unlimited mobile internet for $10 a month on plans $79.99 and above, and $10 a month on $9.99 additional lines on family plans. If this was available last year, I may never have purchased a BB! Hopefully this doesn't hurt Storm sales (I don't think it will). This does not apply to smartphones or BB's. It should be available Nov.16.
    Rumor: Verizon to Announce Unlimited Web $10 Connect Plan
    11-08-08 09:55 AM
    Thats mobile internet for non-PDA phones. We can't get Vcast on our devices either.
    11-08-08 10:53 AM
    that wont apply to smartphones.... they are going to make everyone get the data plan . as of right now if you have a BB you have to get it but if you have a palm or a moto Q you dont... in a week or so everyone WILL HAVE TO get that data plan if they have a PDA phone . just be careful if you dont want this plan think twice about getting a PDA phone . now on the flip side i dont believe anyone should have a PDA with out the data plan ... i just dont see the point in having a phone like that just for the phone . they dont have the same call quality as the reg phones do ... but people expect them to be the best phones on earth ... not going to happen . although my curve is a darn good phone 8)
    11-08-08 11:27 AM
    My wife has a smart phone and no data plan. She uses it for texting and the calendar. They have much better calendars in window mobile then let's say the envy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 12:01 PM
    in a week or so everyone WILL HAVE TO get that data plan if they have a PDA phone
    If you currently have a pda with no data plan, you will be grandfathered in and not required to add the data to your existing plan.
    11-08-08 12:14 PM
    they do have alot calenders... if you have a smartphone with the plan on it , you will not be able to take it offf, much like the blackberry ... but they wont make you put it on if you already have it
    11-08-08 12:16 PM
    they dont have the same call quality as the reg phones do ... but people expect them to be the best phones on earth 8)
    I disagree- My Pearl has the best reception of any phone I ever owned-and I've had a cellphone for about 20 years!
    11-08-08 12:17 PM
    you know what ... im glad to hear that ... ever time i see something on the pearl its always neg.. so i can dig that . well.. my curve has the second best reception on earth
    11-08-08 12:31 PM
    dang i thought it applied to us!!
    11-08-08 06:45 PM
    that wont apply to smartphones.... they are going to make everyone get the data plan . as of right now if you have a BB you have to get it but if you have a palm or a moto Q you dont... in a week or so everyone WILL HAVE TO get that data plan if they have a PDA phone . just be careful if you dont want this plan think twice about getting a PDA phone . now on the flip side i dont believe anyone should have a PDA with out the data plan ... i just dont see the point in having a phone like that just for the phone . they dont have the same call quality as the reg phones do ... but people expect them to be the best phones on earth ... not going to happen . although my curve is a darn good phone 8)
    i second that
    11-09-08 02:31 AM
    they do have alot calenders... if you have a smartphone with the plan on it , you will not be able to take it offf, much like the blackberry ... but they wont make you put it on if you already have it
    This is not correct. The requirement only applies to devices LAUNCHED after Nov. 14 so if you own a device that was launched before that date you can go to/from PAYG, NA Block or unlimited.
    11-09-08 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD