02-10-10 12:37 AM
71 123
tools
    I'm not finding or getting these parts either.
    IVE DONE THAT BEFORE STILL DOESNT WORK! BETTER OFF STAYIN WITH VISTA TILL WIN 7 OFFICIALLY COMES OUT!!
    04-23-09 09:39 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure what the "Check Thumbnail" part means either.
    04-24-09 11:03 AM
    Thank you very much!
    04-24-09 12:32 PM
    no issues on any of the many W7 builds at all
    04-25-09 03:20 AM
    I followed this instructions and updated to .132 and it worked fine. Thanks.
    04-26-09 10:51 AM
    This probably explains the fatal error message i got when trying to upgrade my os from .75 (luckily it didnt do any damage to where i had to track down an old os to put on it)
    04-26-09 10:26 PM
    Has anyone tried using Win7 RC?

-Mike
    05-04-09 11:42 AM
    Just downloaded the RC but going to bed now. It just got posted for download so it will probably be a few days before anyone tries.
    05-05-09 02:30 AM
    Has anyone tried using Win7 RC?

-Mike
    Yep, been running it for 3 days now. Everything is working fine so far. Haven't had any issues with BB DM or any of the other BB tools, CrackUtil, CrackMem, etc.
    Seems a tad snappier then 7068, and everything I've installed on it so far, just works. I'm really pleased with it.
    I use it as my main OS now, setup to dual boot Vista Ult on another drive and if I need anything else(XP, Linux), I run it in VMWare.
    05-05-09 02:41 AM
    I assume that I shouldnt encounter problems when doing the update via XP Virtual Machine in Windows 7 RC?
    05-05-09 04:09 PM
    I'm running the Windows 7 RC, and getting my new Storm tonight. I want to upgrade to a good OS, but I'm nervous about frying my brand new BB. Will the instructions in this thread apply to the Win7 RC and keep me from ruining my new phone?
    05-07-09 02:53 PM
    You don't need to do anything special with the RC. You don't have to change the USB Root settings nor do you do not need to run in XP mode either.
    This morning I loaded bbcrackman V5 hybrid with Win 7 RC1 and I had changed NO settings at all. The install was flawless.
    05-09-09 05:57 PM
    You don't need to do anything special with the RC. You don't have to change the USB Root settings nor do you do not need to run in XP mode either.
    This morning I loaded bbcrackman V5 hybrid with Win 7 RC1 and I had changed NO settings at all. The install was flawless.
    i however upgraded from .78 to the official .141 and nearly bricked my phone. so i disagree.

the advise in this thread certainly helped me, and i would look at my thread a little while back stating "urgent help needed!" incase u get stuck
    05-12-09 07:22 AM
    i however upgraded from .78 to the official .141 and nearly bricked my phone. so i disagree.

the advise in this thread certainly helped me, and i would look at my thread a little while back stating "urgent help needed!" incase u get stuck
    Maybe you did something wrong. What exaclty happened that you say you "nearly bricked" it. Since a BB can't be bricked, I am curious as to what the RC1 OS actually did to nearly brick your phone. For future reference, bug reporting (I beta test Win 7 for MS as I did with all OS's starting with Win 95) and for others out there, please be more specific.
    Running RC1 on 4 machines, 3 64 bit and 1 32 bit. Updated two storms (mine and girlfriends) on two different RC1 machines without any issues. One was coming from 75 to 132 the other from 132 to bbcrackman V5 hybrid
    05-12-09 08:27 AM
    Great info!
    I've downloaded and installed Windows 7 RC and with it, the default settings work fine on my laptop, HP dv9500z. I've done two hybrid installs with the hybrid l(5.0Hybrid(x64).exe and used the OS shrink. In addition, I've used the DM to backup my 9530, and all has worked as it should.

I've also gotten bold and am running Win 7RC on my main computer (but i also imaged my Vista system before the install using upgrade option).

again, I'd add the same warning...these are all betas and as such, know there are risks involved.

Personally, I think Win 7 will be a lot better than Vista (although I've not had the issues some have expressed), and it does a great job with the hybrid OS's.
    05-13-09 09:49 PM
    Wary nice thanks. Finally i was able to update my storm on .141
    Once again thanks.
    05-15-09 10:17 PM
    same thing happened. after this solution.
    As soon as it kets to the ROM read usb connection droppes and it askes me for the BB driver.
    05-19-09 11:21 PM
    Just installed the RC Sunday. Noticed there is a new leak today and wanted to install it when I get home. Has anyone confirmed that the RC works without making any changes or not?
    05-20-09 09:33 AM
    guess i'll find out when I get home. I'll be home in roughly 2 and a half hours.
    05-20-09 03:22 PM
    I applied fix method 1 and still had no luck, fix method 2 doesn't work as /USB not exist in the regedit directory. Was able to run the backup but when the BB reboots it sits with a black screen and the red light on for about 3 minutes and then decides to boot back up. Have been running the official Bell .141 since it came out with no issues. Since I tried to upgrade to .148 about an hour ago my BB has rebooted once on its own. Not sure why but will do a full wipe when I get home and install the OS via good old XP Pro.
    05-20-09 03:52 PM
    but you are running it through a VM from a mac so that might be making a differance from me correct?
    05-20-09 04:37 PM
    but you are running it through a VM from a mac so that might be making a differance from me correct?
    Those are my thoughts as well.
    05-20-09 09:23 PM
    Clarification...I was running XP Pro from VM off the MAC and that worked great for all my previous updates....it's just the urge to upgrade...you know how us techies are! lol!
    05-20-09 09:58 PM
    Well I had no issues running the install last night from my windows 7 machine. I have not changed any of the settings as suggested so I can vouch that the RC works fine.

The only issue I am having now is that the Accelorometer " however you spell it " is really slow now and with the exception of typing the phone seems sluggish. I will be doing several battery pulls throughout the day to see if this improves.
    05-21-09 07:58 AM
    Windows 7 RC seems to work just fine installing a new firmware (I just did it last night--it used to brick my phone) provided that you've installed the latest version of Desktop Manager. I downloaded the new version, installed the new firmware as per usual, and it worked perfectly.
    05-22-09 12:12 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD