12-02-09 01:21 PM
32 12
tools
    What's your usual steps in composing email?

Message Inbox > Menu > Compose Email? or
    Phonebook > Email (person)?

Shortcut to composing email: Once you are in your Message Inbox, just press [T] for top of page, which highlights your current date and just press [Enter] button. When in your Message Icon, this shortcut would compose using your Default Email, which by the way you can change by going to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.

If you have all your Email Inboxes shown, say you open "happy.cracky@gmail.com", while in that email inbox press [T] to locate top of page and press [Enter] button and will compose using that email address "happy.cracky@gmail.com".

This works for me since I have 10 emails set up, which is a pain when composing email. Making sure I am using the correct email address to send out an email is always critical. Sending a business email to somebody using "happy.cracky@gmail.com" email is NEVER GREAT!
    11-20-07 08:20 PM
    Also (from curve 8320 at least)

When in messages folder - pressing "c" anywhere while in the messages folder starts a new mail using default e-mail. If you don't want to use the default e-mail you can change it in the mail you are sending, or change the default e-mail alltogether.
    11-20-07 08:29 PM
    Another great tip!

I have fat and heavy finger though and I always end up pressing it too hard and do my "C" Speed Dial *sighs*
    11-20-07 08:35 PM
    Any tips for the new pearl? I'm also having issues when I try and reply w history in my msgs inbox. I have to go t my yahoo or bb email to respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 08:41 PM
    Another great tip!

I have fat and heavy finger though and I always end up pressing it too hard and do my "C" Speed Dial *sighs*
    Haha, hey, as long as the job gets done

Any tips for the new pearl? I'm also having issues when I try and reply w history in my msgs inbox. I have to go t my yahoo or bb email to respond.
    When the message you want to reply to is highlighted, press "r"
    11-20-07 09:29 PM
    Thanks for the tip. On the pearl, it seems like you have to keep pressing "T" until you get to the top of the page. But, if you press "1" and then "enter", it will do the same thing. (You got that, Dee Dee?)
    11-20-07 10:37 PM
    Thanks 4the tips. I'll try it and let you know

11-20-07 11:32 PM
    For Pearl

To compose a message from the message list, press the comma ( , ) key
    To reply to a message, press the exclamation point ( ! ) key
    To reply to all, press the question mark ( ? ) key
    To forward a message, press the period ( . ) key
    To move up a message in the list, press 2
    To move down a message in the list, press 8

For 8700s and 8800s

To compose a message from the message list, press the comma ( c ) key
    To reply to a message, press the exclamation point ( r) key
    To forward a message, press the period ( F ) key
    To move to the top of a message press t
    To move to the bottom of a message, press b
    11-26-07 11:00 PM
    Hey everyone just got my 1st BB bout 3 weeks ago & will never go back to the darkside (window mobile) lol! Anyways just wanted to add what eyemabug has listed.

While in the message list to move down the list by the date received , press 4
    To move all the way down to the bottom of the list press 7
    And to get right back up to the top just press 1.

This is at least the case on my Verizon Pearl. Thanks so much to everyone on here for all the help!
    12-03-07 03:21 PM
    Great tips thanks
    12-03-07 04:22 PM
    With the Pearl 8100 you have to press "E" to go to the top of the page and "C" to go to the bottom of the page.
    I wonder why they did not use "T" and "B"???
    12-05-07 03:51 AM
    On any full-QWERTY keyboard BB, tapping C from the homescreen will take you to the compose email screen direct... you must have "dial from homescreen" turned off.
    Home Screen Shortcuts - BlackBerryFAQ

BUT you can still speed dial from the homescreen just by pressing AND holding a key. So, for instance, the C key can be both a compose shortcut and a speed dial key.
    12-05-07 11:08 AM
    Excellent tips. I've already begun to put some of these into use.
    12-09-07 07:21 PM
    For the Pearl, you can press L from the Message list to Compose an email (similar to the C for full keyboard models).
    12-09-07 07:25 PM
    I love shortcuts make the one handed operation much faster..
    01-12-08 04:12 AM
    thanks. great tip.
    01-16-08 11:41 PM
    Thanks for all the great info.
    01-17-08 02:13 AM
    With the Pearl 8100 you have to press "E" to go to the top of the page and "C" to go to the bottom of the page.
    I wonder why they did not use "T" and "B"???
    "T" and "B" would only work in English. If you look at the position of the keys, it's quite logical. 123 (or the correspnding letters) do top, line up, screen up. 789 do bottom, line down, screen down.
    01-17-08 11:00 PM
    Great tip. Thanks
    However, does anyone know is there any shortcut for composing SMS? :P
    02-04-08 07:06 AM
    Great tip. Thanks
    However, does anyone know is there any shortcut for composing SMS? :P
    I want to know too
    03-11-08 05:47 AM
    I downloaded and have used xTemplate for a couple months now. It is a real timesaver when you send the same info to several people. I have one set up for every vacant house we rent. I know I'm sending the same info every time and it is accurate!

And xTemplate is free! You are asked to register but it is 0 cost.

04-17-08 10:08 PM
    When I press 'c' in my inbox it automatically composes an email for me. Is there a direct key to compose a 'sms' text message?
    06-16-08 07:32 PM
    Wow you guys AMAZE me ,, How do you figure all this stuff Out ? Great TIP !!
    Thanks
    VANDAL
    06-17-08 07:33 AM
    Thanks for all the help !!! Great Tip
    06-18-08 03:13 AM
    Thanks for the shortcuts, I am using them already!
    08-01-08 12:30 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD