05-04-11 03:02 AM
372 ... 12131415
tools
    I just recently got my first Blackberry, so forgive me if I sound like a complete noob. I have the Blackberry 9700 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to cut text. I know the guide here says "To cut highlighted text when typing, press the Shift key and the Backspace/Delete key", but for some reason I can't get it to work. I've tried using both left and right shift buttons, and nothing! It takes away the highlighted text, but does not copy it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    If it's OS 5.0.0.XXX, it should work. Are you trying to paste it after you cut it? Works on mine.

As you said, while typing, I highlight the text I want to cut, press LeftShift+Delete to cut it, then go to where I want to paste it and press LeftShift/Trackball.
    02-08-10 11:58 PM
    thanks for helpful advice
    02-10-10 07:43 AM
    How to convert high-definition movies for iPhone

iPhone Dedicated video conversion software
    Pavtube Video Converter is a powerful and all-in-one conversion tool for giving the solution of reformat from one to another. It meets the need of people who fall over themselves for enjoying the movies and music on popular portable devices including Zune, iPod, PSP, Apple TV, iPhone,。the following is a detailed guide for how to use
    1.Install:download the tools from office website Pavtube Video Converter: and install by double click, just need click next to finish install, it will be creat the following folder: pavtube/Video Converter
    2.Run and register:Run this program via double click this icon,as below:
    what is with people posting i phone on crackberry, nobody cares about iphone
    02-17-10 10:03 AM
    English, please?? We all use English here, even many of us live in non-English speaking countries... Its just a matter of respect to everyone else.
    It's spam.

For future reference -> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/dealing-spam-427547/
    03-02-10 11:14 AM
    File Explorer:
    alt-SHOW:
    Show hidden files.
    alt-HIDE:
    Hide hidden files.

MMS Options:
    LOGB:
    Dump send/receive bytes.
    LOGF:
    Dump pdu fields.
    MMSC:
    MMS carrier store settings.

BrickBreaker (in game):
    alt-TFPS:
    Display framerate.

Date/Time Options:
    ADST:
    DST settings.
    DELT:
    Time zones delta count.
    LOLO:
    Show network time.

Messages Options:
    alt-PRCL:
    Purge recent contacts list.

Media Options:
    LOGT:
    Toggle logging.
    03-04-10 11:34 PM
    mattallen2 is using an 8330. I tried some of these shortcuts on my 8520 Curve and they did not work. For example, the "R" in a picture zooms and does not rotate.

Just thought you all would want to know.

Scott
    03-06-10 04:00 PM
    hope there's an answer for this question.... i have a blackberry curve 8330 and i dropped it the other night and i guess it was hard enough the trackball with all the gadgets to hold it in came out and couldn't find them (they're tiny and i was in a bar w/lots of people) I've got the scroll up/down - left/right down using the web and everything but on the home screen or applications list that doesn't apply and I am dying because i cant use some of my everyday important apps! does anybody know a shortcut or if there even is one to get around on the BB app menu or home screen without using the trackball?

I'm getting impatient and frustrate i can't use some of my apps for a couple more days! Especially not being able to listen to my music in my car because i cant get to the media app!

Any help would be much appreciated :-)
    03-14-10 11:11 PM
    The thing that would be good relating to this site is if you were able to sign up for threads which you produce; Is this doable?
    05-17-10 04:05 PM
    The thing that would be good relating to this site is if you were able to sign up for threads which you produce; Is this doable?
    Of course it is, all you have to do is go into USER CP "at the top left hand corner" then go to "Edit Options left hand side" scroll down. You'll have to check off the first 3 boxes then click on the drop down menu under Default Thread Subscriptions. You want to use "instant email notifications" and you should be set..
    05-17-10 04:53 PM
    Also, If you don't have the new 5 OS, whereas the pictures can be directed by the trackpad.. instead of looking at a picture, going back, onto next one etc.. just press 'N' on a picture to go to the next pic or 'P' to go to a previous pic! Hope this helps!!
    05-20-10 07:41 AM
    on my BB there is an ABC where the caps and num locks show up and my predictive text is off... how do i turn this back on and get this annoying little ABC thing off my screen....?
    05-25-10 09:59 PM
    Thank you!!!
    05-27-10 07:32 AM
    Thanx Nice Information
    06-01-10 10:07 PM
    locking the keypad shortcut on the curve 8530 is to hold down the A button, it has a small pic of a lock on it.....
    06-02-10 10:40 AM
    locking the keypad shortcut on the curve 8530 is to hold down the A button, it has a small pic of a lock on it.....
    Most bb's do this......
    06-02-10 10:52 AM
    is it possible to set up custom shortcut keys fromthe home screen, e.g., on my old blackberry if you disabled dial from home screen you could then use keyboard shortcuts such as m for messages, or l for calendar. on the bol dyou can still do this but r doesn't open up the alarm anymore, i would like to set this up. any ideas?
    07-08-10 01:52 PM
    Great info. Thanks.

I have been having trouble with mu volume even when I adjust it to high. Any suggestions?
    07-11-10 06:58 PM
    Oh, thank you! This will surely come in handy.
    07-13-10 04:03 PM
    I love all shortcuts and hot keys! they are great for productivity. I also use a lot of autotext which is great when you need to type something fast and dont feel like spelling out entire words.
    07-18-10 12:31 PM
    Autotext is great!...
    When I am driving I TRY NOT TO TEXT!!... IT IS VERY DANGEROUS.

SO I have AUTO TEXT HELP ME.

I type in ddd (space), and the sentence comes up:
    "Sorry, I'm driving and not able to return your text. I will return your text when I stop or you can just call me!"

I feel better I have replied, kept safe and acknowledge my texting friend.
    07-20-10 11:37 AM
    has anyone figured out how to create custom shortcuts on the home screen? for example, on older models, if dial from home screen was disabled, one could press R for the alarm clock, i can't do that on my new model. any help?
    07-21-10 04:19 PM
    helpful thanks
    07-24-10 09:29 PM
    The push-button on my trackball (8900) broke. I'm able to scroll around but no push to click. These shortcuts have been helpful. Is there a way to get into a text box on a web page. For example, I can navigate to MDS white pages, but not able to click into the box to enter a name. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for repair?
    08-01-10 09:28 AM
    The push-button on my trackball (8900) broke. I'm able to scroll around but no push to click. These shortcuts have been helpful. Is there a way to get into a text box on a web page. For example, I can navigate to MDS white pages, but not able to click into the box to enter a name. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for repair?
    I have the exact same problem I have taken my phone apart, but can not see anything that looks damaged... please let me know if you get this fixed
    08-04-10 12:30 PM
    Hi. I just installed firmware 5.0.0.770 on my 9700. After that, I can't use the message sorting shortcuts Alt+I, Alt+O, Alt+S, etc. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    08-05-10 08:22 AM
372 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD