05-04-11 03:02 AM
372 ... 1112131415
tools
    This has probably been covered and I missed it but just got a Tour today and am looking for a way to scroll to the top or bottom while browsing. I know on the Pearl it was the 1 and 7 keys. Thanks and i'll keep searching and delete this if I find it.
    T=top
    B=Bottom
    G=Go to Bookmarks
    A=Add new Bookmark
    Z=Change from Page view and Column view

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 06:21 AM
    How do you clear the event log? I don't want to go line by line to delete?
    10-22-09 12:30 PM
    Does anyone know of a key to enter the "&" sign?
    (Sorry if this has already been answered ... )

I used AutoText to make a 1-step shortcut to get the '&' by typing the letter 'q'. So now, whenever I type q followed by a space, it converts it to '&'

By default, to get the '&' sign on the Tour, you need to click the 'sym' key followed by the letter 'L' key. My AutoText shortcut is so much easier for me.
    10-22-09 03:48 PM
    What does the "Symbol Key" do, every time I push it, nothing happens?

Thanks...
    When used while typing a message, the Tour's 'sym' key should pop open a new screen that shows which letter key to click to insert a certain symbol in the text.
    10-22-09 04:55 PM
    Nice thx guys!
    11-01-09 12:29 PM
    All awesome tips! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 01:05 AM
    About 4 wks ago, I took our two girls to TMobile where we upgraded our plan and my husband and I and the girls all got new devices, including my Blackberry. Between programming the other three phones, my manual grew legs and walked away... before I could even crack it. I swear... I've been ready to yank the SIM, put it back in my MotoRAZR and chuck the Berry out the window! Blackberry has been no help in replacing the book. I finally went out and bought the Dummies Book yesterday.

But this? This is FABULOUS! Thank you! Exactly the kind of regular, ordinary things I KNEW my Berry could do, but had no clue on how. I think my sanity might be restored!

BTW... you should have seen me when I accidently locked my keyboard. I had no clue how to fix it. Fortunately, one of the girls Samsung's had the same feature so I figured it out after about 20 minutes of messing around with it. UGH!
    11-07-09 12:28 PM
    highlight text, press alt and hit trackball (this does copy feat)
    in typing field, press alt and hit trackball (this will paste what is in clipboard)
    11-12-09 02:57 PM
    Awesome Helpful tips!
    11-17-09 10:41 AM
    I need a excercise cross trainer or any other good excercise machine, to use at home. are there any websites where i can purchase this item? so i can go in for sport at home. as this is the most excellently offering to take as it train all the body.
    11-17-09 02:56 PM
    LD Local Date Does any one know how to change the format It shows Day Month/Date/year I want it to just show 11/24/09 format.. not Tue Nov, 24 2009
    11-24-09 09:33 PM
    appreciate for sharing
    11-30-09 11:20 AM
    How Do I Delete my messages?
    12-08-09 02:19 PM
    Move the trackball over the message, than hit BB key, choice delete.
    If you want to delete a lot of messages you can highlight the first message and hold the shift key (aA) and scroll down to the last message than press BB key and choce delete. Or highlight a date than press BB key and choice delete prior which will delete all prior message before this date.

I hope this helps
    12-09-09 05:42 AM
    These Helped Alot Thanks..
    12-14-09 06:57 PM
    To get the accents associated with the Spanish language such as , , , etc., hold down the letter while you roll the trackball to get the desired accent.

To get the upside down ? or ! hold down the V and B respectively while holding the trackball. You will also find that holding a particular character while rolling the trackball will also give you other useful symbols.

However, I think the above tip only works with the Blackberry 8830 WE or any other PDA with a trackball.

Belinda Agosto
    Principal Broker
    La Gente Realty
    3611 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road
    Charlotte, NC 28216
    704.200.8823 ~ DIRECT

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*

Visit Charlotte, NC & you will quickly
    understand why it's on Forbes top 10 &
    why our economy is booming. Charlotte
    was featured in CNN & AP as the ONLY city
    in the country with significant home price
    increases; yet still remains one of the most
    affordable cities in the country. We have
    been touted as the "City of the Young &
    Restless!"
    I'm guessing this doesn't work for OS 5. Does anyone know how to?
    12-17-09 08:41 AM
    thanks you very much for this
    12-20-09 11:34 AM
    Yes, you can either make your right or left shortcut key on the side of the phone as keyboard lock or you can press ALT and ENTER at the same time.

Im still looking for that vibrate shortcut, can anyone help??
    ALT and ENTER doesn't work for me. I didn't want to always go to apps and scroll down for key lock so set mine to lock after 1 min
    12-28-09 09:16 PM
    I finally got my first BB and this post is a tremendous help. Thank you!
    01-02-10 12:16 PM
    Can someone show me the easiest way to download movies from youtube to my home computer?
    01-07-10 08:00 AM
    Thanks, found them useful
    01-24-10 05:11 PM
    I suspect this next question may have been answered somewhere in the forums before, but god knows I've done 10 different searches and cannot find the exact answer.I'm using a Bold 9700 with the new OS.

Here's the scene: I'm in a call and my buddy gives me a phone number. I type it, and I see it typed in smaller font underneath the battery indicator while speaking on the phone. I just wanna call that number right as I hang up. Opening up notes and saving and all that is great when you actually want to write a note. But I just wanna jot down the number real quick and after I hang up the phone call that number, without my buddy calling me a ****** for buying a BB instead of an iPhone 3gs, as is his.

My 1999 bosch phone could accomplish this, im sure there is a way but am too dense to see it myself. Much obliged
    02-04-10 04:28 PM
    I just recently got my first Blackberry, so forgive me if I sound like a complete noob. I have the Blackberry 9700 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to cut text. I know the guide here says "To cut highlighted text when typing, press the Shift key and the Backspace/Delete key", but for some reason I can't get it to work. I've tried using both left and right shift buttons, and nothing! It takes away the highlighted text, but does not copy it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    02-08-10 02:51 PM
    My trackball is gone. So until I get a new one I am using shortcuts. The list is great. However I have not found a way to move up or down individual emails / msg after they have been read. Am I missing something or is it not possible. I have used the U to get to the unread msg but once its read that is it can navigate back to it. Thanks for your help. Great list by the way.
    02-08-10 11:11 PM
    I suspect this next question may have been answered somewhere in the forums before, but god knows I've done 10 different searches and cannot find the exact answer.I'm using a Bold 9700 with the new OS.

Here's the scene: I'm in a call and my buddy gives me a phone number. I type it, and I see it typed in smaller font underneath the battery indicator while speaking on the phone. I just wanna call that number right as I hang up. Opening up notes and saving and all that is great when you actually want to write a note. But I just wanna jot down the number real quick and after I hang up the phone call that number, without my buddy calling me a ****** for buying a BB instead of an iPhone 3gs, as is his.

My 1999 bosch phone could accomplish this, im sure there is a way but am too dense to see it myself. Much obliged
    Other than using the Notes feature, one workaround I've used is this:

*While talking*, start a text message and type the phone# in the 'To' field. (I start the SMS message with only a single keypress of the letter 'Q' from the home screen thanks to the free, small app QSMS). Of course, you don't SEND the message. Just back out of it. All of the above is done while still on your original call.

When you're done with the call, go back to your unsent message, press Menu, and select 'Call XXX-XXX-XXXX', which is the number you typed in the 'To' field.

It may sound cumbersome, but it's all done with only two key presses. (1) Press the back button while talking, and (2) press the 'Q' button to start a text message.
    02-08-10 11:51 PM
372 ... 1112131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD