07-27-10 04:57 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    my trackball moves in all directions fine but I need to press pretty hard on it to click apps or send e-mails, etc... Will replacing the trackball fix this? Or just the shim thing, Anyone have video of the shim procedure?

THX
    03-13-10 04:06 PM
    thanks for the tutorial this was a great help switching out my trackball.
    05-15-10 05:41 PM
    Thanks for this info. I was tossing around the idea of taking my phone apart for a couple weeks now. My trackball scrolled ok, but i had to push it down pretty hard to click it. I finally went for it, and I couldn't be happier. Works like a champ now.
    05-24-10 07:22 PM
    I joined the forum to post this. After accidentally (of course) submerging in water my 1-month old Tour, I found this string when I was looking for guidance on dismantling my device. Good thing - I already noticed the trackball issues (design defect) with my phone. After opening up my phone to dry (hair dryer on cool), I followed the OP's instructions and cut a segment of business card, which in my case was moderately thick. After reassembly, the trackball and adjoining keys work as they should have in the first case. And yes, I have full functionality despite the dip (all stickers are red.)
    07-27-10 04:57 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD