There seems to be a common perception in the Forums that the Search Forum function isn't very good. Here are two techniques that can really help.

First is the Advanced Search. If you're pretty sure you saw sunkast answer a question sometime in the last month, do an Advanced Search for posts by sunkast with 2 or more replies in the last month. That will REALLY filter the results and help you find what you want much more quickly. Obviously this technique is more useful to members who've been around a while, since by definition a Newbie can't know what was posted last month.

The second search trick is to use the Google "Site" command. In a Google Search box, type "site: forums.crackberry.com search terms" This technique lets you search the CrackBerry Forums with the full power of Google.

I hope this info helps. Trevor discusses searching in his How To thread, which is another excellent reference.
    12-18-08 02:13 PM
    Something that bothers me when searching: the request defaults to show threads rather than show posts. If a search hit is on post #253 of a 40 page thread, the title of which has nothing to do with what I was searching for, that's not a very useful hit. I often forget to click the post option, and that can be frustrating.
    12-18-08 03:16 PM
    There seems to be a common perception in the Forums that the Search Forum function isn't very good. Here are two techniques that can really help.

First is the Advanced Search. If you're pretty sure you saw sunkast answer a question sometime in the last month, do an Advanced Search for posts by sunkast with 2 or more replies in the last month. That will REALLY filter the results and help you find what you want much more quickly. Obviously this technique is more useful to members who've been around a while, since by definition a Newbie can't know what was posted last month.

The second search trick is to use the Google "Site" command. In a Google Search box, type "site: forums.crackberry.com search terms" This technique lets you search the CrackBerry Forums with the full power of Google.

I hope this info helps. Trevor discusses searching in his How To thread, which is another excellent reference.
    I want to personally thankyou for having a very informative, fun, and enjoyable forum! I like it a lot even tho I am sort of a newbie!
    thanks again!
    12-19-08 03:41 AM
    WOW, ya mean its possible to search for stuff in the forum?! This a new feature?!
    12-19-08 04:07 AM
    Heh thanks for the mention. Coincidentally/ironically (which is it?), searching my username brought me to this post.
    12-24-08 03:33 AM
    Probably just coincidence. It doesn't fit the definition of irony. But it's also no coincidence that your username would turn up in a discussion of search.
    12-24-08 04:21 PM
    Thanks for this. It can be kind of hard to find things on the site from time to time and I always hate posting new threads for questions that have already been answered a hundred times. I will put your tips to good use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:19 AM
    thanks alot for this information
    06-21-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD