Ive been searching and searching and Finally,ive found a way to input and read chinese on my blackberry tour from sprint.NO 3rd part applications required!!!!!Im sure this would solve alot of people's problem and the search is finally over!!!

just install this thru DM and follow the setup instructions and youre good to go:

http://kelvin.sg/wp-content/uploads/...inyin_pack.zip

link to the article that i found is here:

BlackBerry Tour 9630 Simplified Chinese Pinyin Input for OS 5.0

PS: you can even SMS in chinese!!!

PS: press ALT-Enter to switch between english and chinese input

enjoy!!....the wait is finally over!!!
    Last edited by kkwus74; 05-09-10 at 01:26 PM.
    05-09-10 01:22 PM
    Some screens shots

ENJOY!!!!
    05-09-10 01:49 PM
    thank you. it works on my 8520 v 5.0.0.822. In short, download the file (by kelvin) then download BBSAK to install all the file.
    again thank you for the info
    01-13-11 02:26 PM
    Well, you unzip it and use Desktop Manager (the one which came with your BlackBerry) to install it.

I believe you can find an icon called Application Loader inside there which you can press Browse to select the .alx file which I made..
    Excellent find and I am sure it will be very useful.
    01-13-11 02:46 PM
    I installed the package successfully. But Alt+Enter could not change the input language. What could be wrong?

Thanks.
    03-18-11 02:17 PM
    A great article, I think it's really useful for everyone.
    12-07-11 07:28 PM
    I installed the package successfully. But Alt+Enter could not change the input language. What could be wrong?

Thanks.
    Try to restart your Blackberry... if it's not helping then try to install it all over again..
    12-08-11 05:51 AM
    great tips..

thank you!
    12-27-11 03:52 AM
    Ive been searching and searching and Finally,ive found a way to input and read chinese on my blackberry tour from sprint.NO 3rd part applications required!!!!!Im sure this would solve alot of people's problem and the search is finally over!!!

just install this thru DM and follow the setup instructions and youre good to go:

http://kelvin.sg/wp-content/uploads/...inyin_pack.zip

link to the article that i found is here:

BlackBerry Tour 9630 Simplified Chinese Pinyin Input for OS 5.0

PS: you can even SMS in chinese!!!

PS: press ALT-Enter to switch between english and chinese input

enjoy!!....the wait is finally over!!!
    Thank you for your nice sharing.I just wonder if it can install on my BB9850? i,m a colledge student to learn the Chinese,so the app is very important for me as you know pratice make perfect. thanks!
    02-14-12 08:48 PM
    thank you. it works on my 8520 v 5.0.0.822. In short, download the file (by kelvin) then download BBSAK to install all the file.
    again thank you for the info
    Sir,, You mean download all the files .COD ??
    06-08-13 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD