03-14-12 07:29 AM
1,205 ... 46474849
tools
    No, I didn't say anything in my original post. I just got the idea from:
    The splash screen you'll never removed. That's flashed to the eeprom. You have Voda's APN in your TCP/IP setting, but unless you get a data plan for BlackBerry from your provider, your app choices will be very limited, and only functional through WiFi.
    Thanks anyway for all your help. At least I've learnt a little from this experience.
    01-31-11 03:27 PM
    thanks for this
    02-17-11 08:22 AM
    Bold 9000 on AT&T. Just got the "Low memory issue" Popup says to delete and clear things, funny thing is the device memory total is 859.2 mb, total free 853 mb and used is 6.2 MB!! Yes, total free says 853 MB and it's LOW? Version 5.0.0.822. Someone give me the scoop on this?
    02-27-11 05:56 PM
    That's the device's built-in media memory. Look at application memory. There should be another memory listing there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Reed McLay likes this.
    02-27-11 05:57 PM
    I've tried to remove many .cod files inside the Java folder (BB 8800 os 4.5), after re flashed the phone, every function worked fine, except one thing. The BDM can see and install apps into this phone, but the PC doesn't see the Media Card, and the fone doesn't act like card reader anymore. I've checked inside the Option and check YES everything. But my pc still cannot read the media card. Any ideas?! Which .cod file manage the connection between BB-PC? When I re install the origin OS everything work normal, but anytime I try to remove some .cod to get more memory, the problem happen again! >.<

PS: ok! I'm wrong. ... It made the usb connecting problem. It solved! Thank you!
    Last edited by silicman; 05-06-11 at 04:28 PM.
    05-06-11 03:52 PM
    can anyone tell me exactly what happens if u put the wrong password in the torch? people say it resets the phone but surely that's what a thief would want to happen
    05-07-11 10:48 AM
    can anyone tell me exactly what happens if u put the wrong password in the torch? people say it resets the phone but surely that's what a thief would want to happen
    It wipes all personal data. Surely if you are the owner, that's what you would want to have happen.
    05-07-11 10:56 AM
    Of course.
    05-07-11 11:19 AM
    The security function is designed to protect your personal info, your privacy and that of the people in your address book. The phone is replaceable.
    05-07-11 11:34 AM
    thanx guys u are doing a fantastic thing with helping out with your talents.thanx.appreciate it
    05-20-11 04:29 PM
    The memory "clearing" techniques in the beginning of the thread, can I do these on my torch 9800 as well?
    6.6.0.223 platform
    6.0.0.600 app version
    07-11-11 12:44 PM
    This thread was created when BlackBerry OS v4.5xx running on 64Mb devices was the peak of development.

The same principals apply, but there are many changes to the OS and hardware that have rendered some processes obsolete.

07-11-11 02:26 PM
    I do have to dis-agree with ya on the fonts,,, the net_rim_font_latin_truetype.cod,,, does take up a whopping 684 kb,,, and I haven't seen too much of an alteration from may pages visited,,, not enough to say it was worth me keeping it
    Since Shrink-a-OS and MaxMem didn't bring "enough" space to my Storm 9500 I decided to have a look at the COD-Files.

My latin_truetype was about 1MB. Anyway. After delting it and after a rebbot I hav gained almost 3MB whysoever. The phone was freshly hard booted before the deletion, so dont ask me where the other 2MB came form.

Cheers,

Pete

Here my QUICK GUIDE TO NAIS MEM! DO ON YOUR OWN RISK!

I Use:

1.0.0.5 latest OS from AIS.

I shrink it TOTALLY with BBH-Tool Plus

If I remember right it goes down to ~48 megs

After I install the Liricidal Hybrid .1051 from BBH Plus or the 1077 from Virusman ( look up google BlackBerry Base 1077 ).

Shrink it with the implemented Shrink-A-Os AND afterwards with the newest Shrink-A-OS. Both seem to shrink in a diffrent way and combining them frees even more Space!

Also it's remarkable, that deleting several thinks in single instead of using the "shrink all" option frees more space. Don't ask me why.

After that the OS is somewhat about 28 and 34 MB. Differs from Lyri and Virus.

After installing u got a nifty 48-55MB Free App-Mem.

AGAIN ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN RISK. THIS GUIDE HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED BUT ON MY DEVICE SO FAR!

Now it's time to install the OS and straight after get Max Mem. (Mobile Browser -> berrycoder.com) Use it to delete the VAD and PTT - and if u like or need - the other stuff. ( Or do it manually by BBSAK)

TADA. We are at about 50 - 58 megs free App-Space.

Last but not least get BBSAK and delete the net_rim_font_latin_truetype.cod. Will give you another MB. ( Others are talking about 600KB, dunno. Maybe because they delete it in the Java folder of the Apploader, not from the device directly. ) Makes the fonts on the Storm look kinda hmm.. "okay" but I can live with that.

There we go. My best result ~60megs Free App Space. Even enough for the Storm 9500 - which is a great device with a very small and fckdup memory-management.

Right now I'm running:

WhatsApp
    IM+ Pro
    BeWeather
    Star Money
    Das rtliche
    Klicktel
    DB Rail Navigator
    TelMap
    Quickpull

and am at fine 47MB free mem.

Sorry for the average English, but I'm tired and near to an automatically eye shutdown.

Peace,

Pete

Again: Do this on your own risk!
    Last edited by Piehti; 07-22-11 at 10:17 PM.
    lyricidal likes this.
    07-22-11 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the tip!
    07-30-11 06:15 AM
    I have BB bold 9000, running on 5.0.0.822, I have only installed a few apps from BB App store, though my device memory has a lot of space, still the app memory displayed low, and I deleted 2 apps.
    But after sometime its again showing as zero, & my BB is getting hanged a few times. This all happened after I installed the "BB app store" in my BB. Can anybody suggest some measure? Point to be noted - that I have also restarted my handset twice by pressing Alt + Shift + Del, and now my phone shows "Cannot read device memory, please repair or format". Will deleting the APP store do some trick? Kindly suggest some simple measures, since I m not very tech shabby, and can't follow long and complicated instructions, I am also newbie to BB. I only have 2 Chat IMS , Google Maps, FB & twitter. I presume that there has been some memory lick or something going on in my set.
    Your help would be appreciated, thank you!
    08-19-11 09:46 AM
    1 - pull battery, wait 3 seconds, put batteryt back in. Check.

2- delete App World and check. You can try putting it back.
    08-26-11 10:38 PM
    I have BB bold 9000, running on 5.0.0.822, I have only installed a few apps from BB App store, though my device memory has a lot of space, still the app memory displayed low, and I deleted 2 apps.
    But after sometime its again showing as zero, & my BB is getting hanged a few times. This all happened after I installed the "BB app store" in my BB. Can anybody suggest some measure? Point to be noted - that I have also restarted my handset twice by pressing Alt + Shift + Del, and now my phone shows "Cannot read device memory, please repair or format". Will deleting the APP store do some trick? Kindly suggest some simple measures, since I m not very tech shabby, and can't follow long and complicated instructions, I am also newbie to BB. I only have 2 Chat IMS , Google Maps, FB & twitter. I presume that there has been some memory lick or something going on in my set.
    Your help would be appreciated, thank you!
    You may think you have a lot of file free, but if you installed a full OS5 on that 9000, I'll bet you don't. After boot and a few minutes for everything to load, what does it show you have? You also left all the most notorious memory gobblers installed, so a reboot a day would be expected necessary.
    08-26-11 11:25 PM
    Hi guys,

Where can I get the application loader? Can you provide me with a download link or something?

Thanks!

ps: I leave you this video I found. You may find it interesting if you have a bb8520

cheers!
    khris
    09-14-11 02:10 PM
    You get the App Loader app when you install Desktop Manager on your PC. You can get Desktop Manager from Rim's site.
    09-14-11 02:19 PM
    just started and cant read so many , so
    --is still T or now F for os 5? os 6?
    article says '
    Memo Pad - 21 Kb

Handy little utility, but it stores everything you enter in device memory.

Tasks - 48 Kb

If you are using it, remember it is also using device memory.

if use sbsh calendar pro, is it all in mem too? believe sbsh may be dependent on tasks? is there a replacement memo pad which does not use mem? is above post mean STORES all memos/tasks in device mem OR that if left running, is using memory? can todays os set memos/tasks into media card?

also what is this? -- =demo of playin video?:
    BlackBerry Sample Video - 2502 Kb

This is where you gain your best memory increase, get it off your device memory.

also: os 5 memory cleaner included - is updated app listed here? or is mem app mentioned additional? is it up to date?

thank you

Last edited by cherimoya; 09-15-11 at 07:58 AM.
    09-15-11 07:53 AM
    All the items you list are still held in memory and can't be run from a media card. They may be larger now than they were when Reed created that guide. That guide was created for older generation devices when 64MB was the norm and 96MB was the exception. Your 9650 is a 512MB device. It isn't worth the time to delete a 48k app.
    09-15-11 08:18 AM
    Hi guys,

Where can I get the application loader? Can you provide me with a download link or something?

Thanks!

ps: I leave you this video I found. You may find it interesting if you have a bb8520

cheers!
    khris
    Here is the link where you can download BlackBerry Desktop which is used for that. Or, you can copy files to the device memory and run them from your Blackberry directly.
    09-17-11 07:31 AM
    Woops, tried my hand in deleting the wallpapers and such. Followed the instructions described in the original 2008 post (didn't see it was that old actually lol) and then ran AppLoader to execute the changes. Except AppLoader isn't doing anything. It says it's running the changes but the progress bar remains empty.. What should I do? Keep on waiting (have been waiting for almost 10 minutes now) or disconnect and hope I can restore through my back up?

Thanks!
    12-11-11 06:41 AM
    You may think you have a lot of file free, but if you installed a full OS5 on that 9000, I'll bet you don't. After boot and a few minutes for everything to load, what does it show you have? You also left all the most notorious memory gobblers installed, so a reboot a day would be expected necessary.
    yes I used my 9000 till September with OS5 and I really had much RAM free - perhabs it's this confusing issue with application memory and RAM? with 128RAM and OS5 and only standard apps there is not really much RAM free.
    12-18-11 07:26 AM
    I want crackmem please give me link and what sig mean? Never mind I got it
    Last edited by AGX7; 12-21-11 at 09:06 AM.
    12-21-11 09:01 AM
1,205 ... 46474849
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD