08-23-09 11:37 AM
43 12
tools
    Of course you could use gmails mobile app: google.com/mobile/gmail

You can also set gmail to check other pop3 accounts - such as your work account, and then use the bb client to check your gmail address..
    I agree with leok, why all these extra steps? Checking the mail using the google mobile apps marks them as read in gmail web...
    06-27-08 02:10 AM
    been fighting with my BB gmail account for the last few days... switched over to IMAP so i wouldn't have to reread emails, yet now im facing that dreadful lag. will have to give this a shot tonight... but quick question that i don't think was clearly covered

will this method allow checknig emails on my curve to have the same effect on my gmail account? i would hate to have to do this and see new messages again.
    06-30-08 10:05 AM
    Kming05: When you forward your gmail account to your blackberry.net account you can have gmail keep an unread copy of the email in the inbox, archive gmail's copy, or delete gmail' copy. However the conversation view in gmail does not include any of your messages; nor are the emails you send available in your sent message folder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 12:03 PM
    Nice post. Thanks.

08-09-08 03:26 PM
    Very nice write up. Thanks for the steps.
    12-08-08 11:12 PM
    I Think I Popped My IMAP & Twisted my Google!
    I got lost in this thread at word 1! here's my issue:
    I set up g mail as my email on my BB then I created a BB email Addy
    THEN I found out there's an app for g mail!
    So.. now every time I send a g mail out
    I end up sending one to myself on my BB
    In newbie, non techie, simple plain English... how do I stop this!?
    12-09-08 03:17 AM
    thanks so much for the info! i was having problems syncing my gmail but you've fixed my problem. thanks agen!!
    12-09-08 10:06 AM
    In your settings for BIS, you have to add a filter to your GMail account to stop getting a copy of said emails...

I Think I Popped My IMAP & Twisted my Google!
    I got lost in this thread at word 1! here's my issue:
    I set up g mail as my email on my BB then I created a BB email Addy
    THEN I found out there's an app for g mail!
    So.. now every time I send a g mail out
    I end up sending one to myself on my BB
    In newbie, non techie, simple plain English... how do I stop this!?
    12-11-08 03:22 PM
    I own a G1 using T-Mobile

For security reasons my company does not use POP or IMAP

I know that I can simply forward an email from Outlook if I am working from Outlook. What I am talking about is actually setting up Outlook so it automatically forwards a copy of all incoming email to my Gmail account without using POP or IMAP.

Can this be done? If so, how?
    12-28-08 07:32 AM
    no imap or pop is used by my company - what do i do?
    01-01-09 11:38 AM
    What about Deleting email in Gmail. You cant do that if imap is disabled
    01-01-09 09:47 PM
    Personally I cant think of any way right now unless you had 2 blackberry.net addresses. If I do come across something, I'll make sure I let you know.

Everyone else - thanks for the nice comments
    Thanks for the tips! Just one question: how many blackberry.net accounts can you get?

01-05-09 12:47 AM
    Wow! This is great. I've tried a few different work arounds with gmail and this is hands down the best. Thanks for the great post!

02-17-09 07:53 PM
    In your settings for BIS, you have to add a filter to your GMail account to stop getting a copy of said emails...
    Thanks for this advice. I was tired of getting emails on my BB that I had sent out.
    02-23-09 10:53 AM
    Hmmmm....I'm going to try this tomorrow. Sometimes my gmail is laggy, other days it's almost instant.

I will miss the ability to delete emails from my gmail account via my berry.
    02-26-09 12:18 AM
    Hmmmm....I'm going to try this tomorrow. Sometimes my gmail is laggy, other days it's almost instant.

I will miss the ability to delete emails from my gmail account via my berry.
    It takes a little while, but you'll get used to it. You could download the gmail app too and then delete those emails whenever you have time, rather than waiting till you access gmail on your computer.
    02-27-09 01:12 AM
    good stuff
    08-17-09 01:22 PM
    How do we tmobile users do this on the new BIS site? Also I don't have a blackberry adress...lucky!

08-23-09 11:37 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD