10-08-14 09:35 AM
94 ... 234
tools
    intresting, when im on the run cause im a double 007 i will use this lol
    04-28-10 12:52 PM
    I have gone in to security and did the wipe handheld, but the old phone number still shows on the phone. How do I get rid of that?
    05-20-10 03:05 PM
    Hi - new to the forum here, although I've been a long time lurker, found some awesome info here, you guys rock. Anyhow, let me stop wasting your time with my introduction -

Let us, for the sake of example, assume that this is the method 'the factory' use when they wipe a BlackBerry when it goes in for service (although if anyone knows different please feel free to update my scenario). Let us also assume I have a friend who did not backup her device when it went in for said service (The trackball fell out....and she assumed that meant her contacts were lost anyways because she couldnt navigate to them). Let us also assume this friend is lovely (albit technically challenged) and I want to solidly plant myself into her good books.

Now, I know the best way to save very important business contacts that she really really really needs back is to back the device up first (although I can't really talk too much, as I don't backup as regularly as I should) and I have heard all the talk of high end blackberry security - but I also know that it's still just a file system.

Three questions -
    1) how secure is the factory reset? Is it possible to recover/undelete the filesystem or is it a multipass wipe?
    2) How much like a PC filesystem is it? Can I whack it into a USB port and use standard PC recovery software on it?
    3) Is the addressbook stored in suitlbly seperate diskspace that a OS restore won't munge over the area of storage where it was located?

Any help will be greatly appriciated, she just got screwed by her boss, and sounds like she could really do with her contact list back.

Thanks,
    C.
    06-10-10 05:25 AM
    Does anyone else ever get reload software 552 whenever u delete an app? I did this and had to put my software back on my tour. So I was wondering if anyone else has this problem everytime they delete an app? I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 04:44 PM
    yea thanks for the fo bro
    07-15-10 09:45 AM
    I have gone in to security and did the wipe handheld, but the old phone number still shows on the phone. How do I get rid of that?
    Take your SIM card out?
    07-15-10 10:17 AM
    This was awesome information! Thanks so much for posting it! I have to return my old phone to Verizon and wanted to wipe my junk off before sending it in and wasn't sure how until I read this!
    07-21-10 07:48 PM
    Is there a way to get the information back if the password was typed incorrect to many times. Its all gone now and did not know if there was a way to get it back?
    07-27-10 08:46 AM
    the only way to get it back is to restore your device by connecting to the pc. there's no way to get it back if you don't have a backup of the data on the pc or on a databack up utility (e.g. smrtguard, s4b databackup, etc)
    07-27-10 12:12 PM
    the only way to get it back is to restore your device by connecting to the pc. there's no way to get it back if you don't have a backup of the data on the pc or on a databack up utility (e.g. smrtguard, s4b databackup, etc)
    07-27-10 01:45 PM
    okay. that double post is just weird....
    07-27-10 01:46 PM
    I too am selling my BB so I want to wipe it. The thing that scares me is the warning about wiping the email clean.

"all aplication data will be lost, you will not be able to send or recieve emails on this device after you wipe it."

Does this mean forever or just until the new owner reconfigures the email?
    08-30-10 12:57 PM
    How do i transfer all the phone numbers on my BB 8520 to a laptop? Disposing the phone and need help in securing all the phone numbers
    05-20-11 11:09 AM
    I am about to give my storm 2 to a friend who is using a storm 1

I have done the wipe as per instructions above here

Its been a while since i did anything blackberry as i moved to another make of phone.

Do i need to release my pin number or anything?

I changed carrier also so the Vodafone account is well and truly dead - since Feb 11 but cant remember if i need to so anything else or does my mate just put the sim card in the new storm and register from there to get all of his stuff on the new to him phone
    08-24-11 03:55 PM
    I did the password incorrect 10 times and it erased everything and the screen is white and says "reload software:513" what should I do
    06-29-13 08:35 PM
    Just set up picture password and fail that 5 times...

Then mistakenly type your password in several times where it asks you to type 'blackberry'...

And looking into the abyss - finally figure out what you're doing wrong...

Was only a couple typos away from oblivion...

Have changed picture for password - and have 3x successfully gained access to Z10...

Was packin my daks for a few minutes there.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    05-25-14 03:19 AM
    However when it rebooted it asked me for a pin (my daughter's old Blackberry - now mine). And what exactly is it asking? I tried to enter my sim card pin in and was rejected. I have set up my own ID already. Stumped - it gives me 2 more try's - unsure.
    09-21-14 10:08 AM
    However when it rebooted it asked me for a pin (my daughter's old Blackberry - now mine). And what exactly is it asking? I tried to enter my sim card pin in and was rejected. I have set up my own ID already. Stumped - it gives me 2 more try's - unsure.
    09-21-14 10:09 AM
    I tried this today and it worked great!
    After uninstalling and reinstalling apps, etc...I thought a wipe would do wonders and then fresh install of my 3rd party apps.
    Thanks for the info.
    10-08-14 09:35 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD