Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-29-11 11:45 PM
323 ... 10111213
tools
    Im sorry for being in the wrong place but am first time posting am desperate find out why I cannot get easy access to my contacts...I press the green phone button then onto contact and I either get empty or business contacts empty or if Im lucky I actually get a list of my contacts but often some are missing wvwn though I know they are there, I have tried syncing ans have moved for sim card and am at a loss I have really messed up putting in stripes etc I think but cant even find a tutorial on the Contacts which makes me feel an *****. please can you advise in any way thanks jb
    09-07-09 07:40 AM
    I am so glad to see your answer. The key word was scroll down to ADVANCED. Many others on this support site just said click on PROFILES and click BLACKBERRY key. That didn't work. Your instructions were crystal clear. Thanks! Now if could only copy one entire profile over to another?!?
    09-30-09 01:30 AM
    thanks for the help.
    10-10-09 12:20 AM
    Hi! I've been reading on the forums for a good while, not many posts.

But now I have 2 problems that I haven't found answers to.

I have the Curve 8310 from AT&T.

My first problem is:
    Randomly every few months all my text messages, emails, bbmessenges, yahoo messenges etc - deletes.
    Everything. Gone.
    I could be having multi conversations, then bam, all gone. I have even seen it happen right after I sent a message, just disappear in front of me.
    I end up taking my battery out, start up again, and months later, all happen again.

Any reason why?
    I have everything set up to "keep forever". So it's not like it is set up to clear everything out at a certain time.

My other problem is:
    I would like to know if there is a way to set Voice Mail to its own tone?

What happens is, say sister texts me, she has her own text tone. Then mom calls, she has her own ring tone, she leaves a voice message, the sound for the VM will be the last text message tone that I received - which will be sisters text tone.

This also happens with Facebook messages. Someone updates their FB status that I am subscribed to, it will use the last text tone that I received. Or if someone replies to my status it uses the last text tone that I received.

I would really like to set up a separate one for this/these.

THANKS for all the help on other issues! Love my BB Curve!
    Last edited by JamUp; 10-17-09 at 03:41 PM.
    10-17-09 03:37 PM
    Hi! I've been reading on the forums for a good while, not many posts.

But now I have 2 problems that I haven't found answers to.

I have the Curve 8310 from AT&T.

My first problem is:
    Randomly every few months all my text messages, emails, bbmessenges, yahoo messenges etc - deletes.
    Everything. Gone.
    I could be having multi conversations, then bam, all gone. I have even seen it happen right after I sent a message, just disappear in front of me.
    I end up taking my battery out, start up again, and months later, all happen again.

Any reason why?
    I have everything set up to "keep forever". So it's not like it is set up to clear everything out at a certain time.
    There isn't enough memory on your phone to keep all those messages forever. delete some and the problem will be fixed. Back up your messages onto your computer if you really want to save them all. Then delete them off of your BB.
    10-17-09 04:21 PM
    So it's because of memory?
    All this time?
    I am lazy about deleting texts.
    So if I delete daily text, I shouldn't have a problem losing the 'wanted' texts and bbmess and yahoo mess etc?

Thanks!
    10-17-09 05:03 PM
    Okie Dokie!
    I updated from 4.2 to 4.5 yesterday. Took foooorever, but I finally figured it all out.

Not sure yet if it helped with memory, and I have been trying to delete un needed texts and such.

Hopefully with all the new stuff I added, I wont run out of memory!
    10-19-09 02:31 PM
    Hey guys, i did a search for this one, but can't seem to find the answer.

I have aim downloaded on my tour and it vibrates every single time i get an IM...very annoying.

I went to sound profile/set ringtones alerts/instant message/aim alert and aim new message

both have vibrate set to off, but it still vibrates like crazy...

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
    10-21-09 01:12 PM
    Will be looking
    10-21-09 05:59 PM
    I have a bold on at&t with their most current update I have created profiles and made exceptions for some of my contacts the sms and phone ringtones work but the mms ringtone does not work it just plays the one in the normal profile that I am using. I also noticed that my mms number shows as a +1 then my phone number would this have anything to do with it? Any solutions would be helpful and oh yea I have vis voicemail installed but I am not using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 01:30 PM
    I love this!! Thank you so much, I have been playing with this phone, changing more than I really wanted to..this was so easy, and I can't believe how many times i passed by this option...you made it so easy...I've been asking around a lot too, and nothing came about it.
    11-07-09 11:52 AM
    Is there a post that walks you through it step by step (for dummies). I'm trying to help a co-worker (8350i) out with his and it just isn't working.
    11-07-09 04:21 PM
    this helped so much..THANX!
    11-12-09 07:47 AM
    Awesome Thanks. It's the little things...
    11-22-09 01:45 PM
    i take it you can't do this for the tour's right??.. couldn't seem to find it
    11-27-09 11:30 PM
    Hey I got the storm but wen I change the sms txt alert, it duz not wrk, all u hear is the original alert which sounds like a beep, I dnt understand y it don't wrk, but the PHONe alert duz wrk, not the sms??

12-08-09 08:14 PM
    I wonder what a pocket day is ?

12-09-09 07:40 AM
    Thx so much..I could not figure it out!!

12-31-09 02:50 PM
    what a brilliant bit of help that was

well sorted

cheers
    01-01-10 05:07 AM
    Is there anyway to set my bb curve 8330 to only let 2 to 3 important people ring in and everything and everyone else silent? I've tried to create a profile for that but nothing is working.
    01-10-10 01:16 AM
    I've gotten the individual ring tones set, can a person also customize a tone for incoming text messages from individuals in your contact list?
    Nick
    01-10-10 04:31 PM
    You should be able to do that using the Important Calls profile exception like this:
    1. Go into Profiles then Advanced
    2. Scroll down to where it says Important Calls and make sure it's checked.
    3. menu key->Edit and scroll to the From: line
    4. menu key->Add Name and pick a contact from the list. You can do this as many times as you'd like if you want. The Profile exception will apply when any of those contacts call.
    5. Scroll to Use Profile: and select the profile you want to use when they call. I'd guess you'd want Normal or even Loud in case you're sleeping.
    6. If you want, you can change the custom ringtone to use as well.
    7. Escape/back key and save your changes

This profile exception will be used no matter what profile is running when the call comes in, so it overrides everything else.

Hope this helps.

Hi all apologies in advance but I am a newbie! ;-) I seriously need this option but can't find this on the blackberry bold 9700! Please can anyone help me locate this option becasue I'm sick and tired of getiing woken up with pointless phone calls! Lol.

Many Thanks in advance!

01-17-10 04:09 AM
    Right, found it! Its under PROFILES>SET CONTACT ALERTS on the Blackberry Bold 9700.

Now, I have another question as I am more confused ....

This is what I want - I have amended the "Phone Calls Only" setting. But when I add a contact under set contact alerts a few things happen..

Firstly, this is exactly what I want, the calls that I want, do correctly filter through. BUT, when I change my profile back to "vibrate only" that call will again, ring instead of just abiding to the vibrating function of the selected profile?? How can I get the specific contact to filter through, only the selected CONTACT ALERTS in "phone Calls Only," but when I change to the vibrating function I need it to abide to that profile.

Does this make sense guys? If so, please help me as I am easily disturbed by unnecessary phone calls during the knight! Need to filter it through to just a few specific numbers without affecting the other profiles...

Previously to this BB Bold 9700 I used to be a Nokia E71 user, and the call filter system on that was dearly loved Hope this wonderful device has an equal system.....

Thanks again guys!
    01-17-10 01:17 PM
    For the life of me I could not figure this out. I was about to try using a hammer and chisel but fortunately I found this. Thanks a lot Navi, you saved me from frustration and my phone from destruction.
    01-19-10 05:49 AM
    Figure what out? Please help if you have the answer!

01-19-10 10:17 AM
323 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD