Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-29-11 11:45 PM
323 ... 910111213
tools
    who called me that?
    05-06-09 05:57 PM
    thank you! Great help especially with the pics...***** proofing for us newbies!!!
    I thought I remembered seeing a place to choose if messages were forwarded to blackberry or at least set a filter as to which messages you wanted to be notified of?! Am I just delusional?!
    05-08-09 12:23 PM
    A common question, "How do I change the message and email notifications on my BlackBerry?"

From you main screen, press F (if you have dial from home screen OFF!). If not, go to your icons, and select 'profiles'.

Scroll down to 'advanced', and select it...

On the next screen, choose the profile you want to edit. In this example, we'll do 'normal'. Press menu, then select 'edit'...

You will notice multiple items you can edit the notification for. Select the one you want...

On this screen, pressing the trackball will allow you to edit each field...

Once you're done, pres the ESC button, and you will be given the option to save...

In the profiles it has a section/button for Use active profile except for: "important calls", What are they? How do we set 'important calls'? Thanks!
    05-14-09 08:22 AM
    Awesome post/thread helped me out just now...
    05-17-09 02:36 PM
    Thanks to all of you - this thread has been EXTREMELY helpful! Wish I had found it last night, but better late than never.
    05-23-09 05:51 PM
    When using the edit option under my Normal profile, i see that there are 2 choices for the BB messenger....One for "alerts" and one for "new messages."

I want to use the "tone" option for when i get a new message for the very first time (as in a new conversation), and then use the "vibrate" option DURING the conversation.

I have tried to make this happen, but it just won't work. I can either have an audible alert or a vibrate only for both.

Why does the Blackberry give us 2 options as if we can separate the two, but then when i try to do that, it doesn't work? Anyone else having this issue? I'm using the Curve 8330 (Verizon).
    05-24-09 10:57 AM
    Navi,
    I've been trying to change the blackberry messenger notification for a message from a specific contact. I've set a profile for that person's phone, text, etc. I've also set one for the contact's bb messenger alerts and new messages (read somewhere that was necessary). Then I set two exceptions pointing to the new profiles. I still hear the default sound for the contact's bb messages. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is it just not possible to set a sound for a bb messenger individual?
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by tjb73; 05-26-09 at 12:44 PM.
    05-26-09 12:42 PM
    Navi,
    I've been trying to change the blackberry messenger notification for a message from a specific contact. I've set a profile for that person's phone, text, etc. I've also set one for the contact's bb messenger alerts and new messages (read somewhere that was necessary). Then I set two exceptions pointing to the new profiles. I still hear the default sound for the contact's bb messages. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is it just not possible to set a sound for a bb messenger individual?
    Thanks!!
    +1, but only one exception.
    05-26-09 05:50 PM
    In the profiles it has a section/button for Use active profile except for: "important calls", What are they? How do we set 'important calls'? Thanks!
    I too would like to know how to designate "important calls".
    05-29-09 02:56 PM
    Wow this just made it so much easier!
    05-31-09 07:24 PM
    thank you so much i got it that helped alot
    06-01-09 10:31 PM
    THANK YOU SO MUCH Naviwilliams!!!!! I spent about two hours today after I got my phone replaced trying to get everything back in order. Just when I ewas ready to give up I found your post and bam all is good now. YOU SO FREAKING ROCK~!!!!!!!!
    06-01-09 11:23 PM
    To those who are still having issues and those concerned with setting it to vibrate when in a meeting etc.
    Best solution just get the Smartalerts app. Does everything for you super easy. You can do a trial and if you like it then buy it.

I tried for hrs to do the work around and never got it to work. Downloaded this app now no worries and it works perfect. I also have the berrybuzz so it changes the LED color too.

its available at the Crackberry store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:01 AM
    I love crackberry.com Naviwilliams, I have had my Blackberry for about a year, and never noticed the advanced! Thank you!
    06-06-09 09:19 PM
    new to forum and i was wondering if there is anyway to turn up volume of the alerts when on a call? I have them all set to high volume problems is when im on a call i cannot hear the alert for sms messages. like most people when im done on a call i just put phone down.i dont look to see if any messages came through. So i need to be able to hear a loud tone when im on a call or is there a free app that will beep like every min after a messages comes through until is is read? thanks in advance for any help you can offer
    06-14-09 07:56 AM
    the one that i can think of is the BerryBuzz. It allows you to set a reminder from every ten seconds to every 60 mins. I dont know if this is while you are on the phone or not. But if you get a message while on the phone, then set your phone down the tone will still beep because thats what its supposed to do until you check it anyway.
    The BerryBuzz will also let you set it up to emit the different colored LED when you receive messages so that may help you too.

BerryBuzz can be found here at crackberry. it has a free trial for 7 days, so try it out and see if it will work for you.
    06-14-09 03:29 PM
    as I know, now we can make ringtone with a ringtone maker
    06-14-09 11:10 PM
    Nice work! Thanks for taking the time.
    07-18-09 01:55 AM
    Thanks man that really helped out
    07-27-09 11:09 AM
    if i use a holster with my curve 8330 how do i get it to not auto-answer when i take it out? i've tried to check under profiles but i can't seem to find an option for it. any help?
    07-27-09 05:13 PM
    this is a life saver thank you
    08-24-09 09:33 PM
    Holy crepe! Ive been trying to figure this out forever!! I am "neglecting" my blackberry apparently... according to my friend Evan. Thank God for this site. Now I can be just as addicted as everyone else!
    08-25-09 11:39 PM
    I had my work and my hotmail accounts, both pop3 accounts, working fine. Then all of a sudden, they do not show the "new message" indicator on the home screen. The red dot on the envelope icon for either accounts. Did I change something accidently? I tried to do a "reconcile now" to sync the read and unread messages with the server. (which did not do anything, I might add). Can anyone help?
    08-26-09 12:51 PM
    Great thread. This helped me a lot thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 07:35 PM
    Hi i just got the BB curve 8900 yesterday. I can change the ringtones for my friends that call but not for text messages! I have done everything you have posted but when i get a text it makes an alert sound that it came with and not the song i chose for it. can you please help me. I am getting frustrated! thank you. Also my volume has to be low or it crackles so much that I can't hear the song. any help is so appreciated!
    09-04-09 04:59 PM
323 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD