11-26-17 12:05 PM
1,742 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Okay, I followed all your steps, the OS was reloaded but it won't even turn on. Did I miss something?

Thanks!
    Okay, so, yesterday I had my phone in my pocket while I was helping someone move. It may have gotten a little sweaty and hot, when I pulled it out I just had a white screen, like it was loaded something. Today once it's had some time to cool off it I got nothing. Now the LED lights will flash. The red one as if it was on and I had messages, no 3 flashes and then 2, and it'll even ring when someone calls, but I can't answer it. Nothing comes up on the screen. I've purchased a new battery and nothing's changed.

Do I need to reload the OS or take it in and say fix it? If they can, since my trust in the guys at T-mobile is oh so strong. The phone was a gift and is technicallty still in warranty....

Thanks!!
    I love my Pearl for the way it vanishes into pocket.

Sweat is water, salty water to boot. Odds are good the symptoms are moisture related.

I would start with a very through drying. Seal it in container with plenty of dry rice. Leave it in a warm place for several hours. That will remove any residual moisture.

At that point, we hope for a clean restart. If not, we hope it will connect with the computer.

05-05-09 01:55 PM
    Whenever I try and do these steps, i get a device communication error when it actually tries to install the os. Im on a storm and am trying so hard to get it back, everything goes fine, i always get this error though.
    05-05-09 03:04 PM
    Also, whenever i plug it in to my computer it makes a noise like it keep plugging and unplugging itself.
    05-05-09 03:05 PM
    Whenever I try and do these steps, i get a device communication error when it actually tries to install the os. Im on a storm and am trying so hard to get it back, everything goes fine, i always get this error though.
    Also, whenever i plug it in to my computer it makes a noise like it keep plugging and unplugging itself.
    I suspect your problem is the USB port connection. Try to find a place where it can hold the connection, then be very careful not to move it.

It would be worth while swapping in a new cable, that would be the best way to isolate it to the Storms USB port. That would be a hardware failure, a reason to replace it.

An unreliable port will be nothing but problems.
    05-05-09 04:12 PM
    thanks for the help
    05-06-09 06:58 PM
    Ok my first post

I have been given a bricked / faulty bb 8120 , it did nothing

So i have done a forced os install and now the phone is recognised by desktop manager , i can add apps etc.

But the phone will not turn on , if i plug it into the mains i get nothing ( no led's ) if i connect it to usb i sometimes get a solid green led other times nothing , screen stays completely blank

The person who gave it to me said he thought there was a software error as he originally had a white screen but i have not seen this

Any ideas ?

Thank you
    05-07-09 07:55 AM
    I think you may have narrowed it down to a battery problem. I would swap in a known good battery next.

If you were able to restore the software, the internal logic is fine.
    05-08-09 11:47 AM
    That's the BlackBerry way of telling you, it's time for an upgrade, hardware too.

If you have kept the 8320, it may be worth your while restoring it to the original OS or one of the later OS upgrades.

Always nice to have a backup.
    ok...u aint gunna believe wat the "problem" was.....it was the battery!! lmao. I still have the phone and a friend ran some tests and said everything seemed fine with the OS upgrade but there seemed to be some issues with the battery so i bought one on Ebay popped it in last nite and.....jackpot! I was over charging my old one
    05-09-09 01:47 PM
    I Had thought i'd Bricked Ma Tmo Curve After An App failiure ..Tried This A couple A Times..Got Frustrated Then I moved To Ma Other Pc..Worked Fine..Thanks Alot...This Saved Me Alot
    05-09-09 02:17 PM
    My Bold goes dead, i do batter pull then put it back on, LED goes one for around 10 secs and when switches off...

I get it on the charger and then the same..

Finally plug it on my PC through the USB, LED goes red again, goes back off and suddenly the screen goes white (faded) with a batter in the middle and the 'flash' sign on the battery (prob means charging) but never seen that before..

What shall I do? Now got it on the PC and keeps doing the same (LED switches off, then back on, etc)....

Suggestions.. :???
    05-10-09 07:47 AM
    My Bold goes dead, i do batter pull then put it back on, LED goes one for around 10 secs and when switches off...

I get it on the charger and then the same..

Finally plug it on my PC through the USB, LED goes red again, goes back off and suddenly the screen goes white (faded) with a batter in the middle and the 'flash' sign on the battery (prob means charging) but never seen that before..

What shall I do? Now got it on the PC and keeps doing the same (LED switches off, then back on, etc)....

Suggestions.. :???
    Mine is doing the same thing..tried several times to wipe and reload OS nothing....going to try a new battery...if this doesn't work I'll be getting a new phone and staying away from .266
    05-14-09 06:53 AM
    Hello All,

I have had my CB Curve (Sprint) since Oct and LOVE IT!! However, it crashed on me the other day.. I am not certain that the following system info is correct because I'm pulling it off of my wife's CB (we got them at the same time and they are the same phone..).
    Blackberry 8330 smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.73)

What happened:
    My wife saw that my phone was <50% charged so she put it on the wall charger; the phone then began a reboot loop.

What's not quite the same as the other reboot loop posts:
    My reboot loop does not last long enough for my laptop to recognize the phone, so none of the procedures that I have found work ("USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" never shows up because of too fast reboot).

What it is doing:
    When I put the battery in, the red LED comes on SOLID for 14sec; screen flashes VERY FAINT, VERY BRIEF (<0.5sec) after 7sec; screen goes blank for 2sec; wash, rinse, repeat... AT NO TIME does my laptop (Vista Ultimate 32-bit) ever recognize that a device was connected and then disconnected; for that matter, my desktop doesn't recognize the device connect/disconnect either (XP Professional).

As with everyone else, I have VERY IMPORTANT data on my phone that I have acquired since my last backup; mostly calendar entries and contact info but also some messages.

I have no problem wiping the phone and starting from scratch, but I'd rather save the data first! As an amateur computer geek, it seems to me that AT THIS TIME, the data is not lost, only that the boot sectors are corrupted.

Is there a way to recover this data WITHOUT losing it? Any way to reload the OS WITHOUT losing the data? What can I do to protect/recover the data before fixing my phone?

Thanks for your time and thoughts!

Rich
    05-14-09 10:16 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing..tried several times to wipe and reload OS nothing....going to try a new battery...if this doesn't work I'll be getting a new phone and staying away from .266
    I finally did battery pull, left the battery off for 10 minutes, put the device on the USB again without the DM launched and it started charging.. Its battery was completely empty for no reason, got charged and got back on..

P.S. And 2 days after i dropped it from my hand and its screen went white..
    05-15-09 01:45 AM
    This is awesome...thank you so much!!!!
    05-16-09 03:08 AM
    Hello All,

I have had my CB Curve (Sprint) since Oct and LOVE IT!! However, it crashed on me the other day.. I am not certain that the following system info is correct because I'm pulling it off of my wife's CB (we got them at the same time and they are the same phone..).
    Blackberry 8330 smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.73)

What happened:
    My wife saw that my phone was <50% charged so she put it on the wall charger; the phone then began a reboot loop.

What's not quite the same as the other reboot loop posts:
    My reboot loop does not last long enough for my laptop to recognize the phone, so none of the procedures that I have found work ("USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" never shows up because of too fast reboot).

What it is doing:
    When I put the battery in, the red LED comes on SOLID for 14sec; screen flashes VERY FAINT, VERY BRIEF (<0.5sec) after 7sec; screen goes blank for 2sec; wash, rinse, repeat... AT NO TIME does my laptop (Vista Ultimate 32-bit) ever recognize that a device was connected and then disconnected; for that matter, my desktop doesn't recognize the device connect/disconnect either (XP Professional).

As with everyone else, I have VERY IMPORTANT data on my phone that I have acquired since my last backup; mostly calendar entries and contact info but also some messages.

I have no problem wiping the phone and starting from scratch, but I'd rather save the data first! As an amateur computer geek, it seems to me that AT THIS TIME, the data is not lost, only that the boot sectors are corrupted.

Is there a way to recover this data WITHOUT losing it? Any way to reload the OS WITHOUT losing the data? What can I do to protect/recover the data before fixing my phone?

Thanks for your time and thoughts!

Rich
    I suspect the problem may be your battery. Have you tested it by swapping in your Wife's Battery?

05-16-09 11:16 AM
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR SAVING MY CURVE!!

I nuked my curve when trying to upgrade to 4.5
    I change my PC, just download the 4.2 device and desktop (from cd)

the reupload was successful, I tried to turn on but the dam* hourglass' coming back and the red light. I almost got a heart attack. but I just remembered the 1st time turned on my bb. so I wait about 10minutes and it back to life!!!! yayy

so for everyone, don't get panic when the hourglass appear again. just wait like the 1st time.. (I almost forgot that because i was really panic)

thanks so muchhhhh

(well with this thing happened, I guess my curve is the old one that not suitable for 4.5 software??)
    05-16-09 12:26 PM
    (well with this thing happened, I guess my curve is the old one that not suitable for 4.5 software??) ...
    I am very pleased you were able to recover the Curve.

Now that you have a known good OS in place, you can install the upgrade again. If it fails again, it is very simple to roll back again now.

The v4.5xx upgrade is worth the effort.
    05-16-09 01:01 PM
    thanks to you ! I was very frustrated googling and downloading many versions, trying everything for almost 5 hours! hikss.

so basically every 8310 can do the upgrade, even the old one? which 4.5 version do u reccomended? and the desktop manager? thankss
    05-16-09 01:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.174 (EastAsia)
    Contains English; from IndoSat
    As it happens, the latest carrier release happens to be your carrier.

Start with a fresh download saved to your computer. Do the install after it has completed, that will eliminate any risk of an network error affecting your installation.

I would upgrade BlackBerry Desktop Manger too. The version supplied on the CD is dated, the later versions are more capable and that could affect your upgrade.

I have the latest v4.7 installed and in daily use.
    05-16-09 01:13 PM
    I just used the swap-a-radio tool and my device was bricked, I remembered I had seen the title of this thread before and searched did it and my storm is booting back up as I write. Thanx a lot!!!!
    05-17-09 03:31 PM
    hi guys,
    I also have the problem..
    When I wake up this morning, my BB had a black screen. But he was fully charged yesterday evening..
    So i've put it into 3 different chargers. de LED light turned red, but no repsonse.
    Now when I connect it to my computer with the battery out, there's an sign of life! Or something.. On the screen appears an battery icon with a red cross.
    When I put the battery back in, there's a battery-charging icon, or something.
    But still... My BB won't turn on...

And the worst,
    I'M ON A MAC COMPUTER :-|
    So I really don't know a solution.. There's no windows computer in the house..

Anyone?

(Sorry if my English is crap)

I Have a BB Bold btw..
    Last edited by romifay; 05-20-09 at 09:48 AM.
    05-20-09 09:24 AM
    I tried to upgrade last night. It hung half way through and I got the 3 blinks, 2 blinks. I was shattered. After readign and trying everythign I could I happend to goto the BlackBerry update page in IE ( yeah fancy that ) and installed the active X control. Pluged the phone in and the jvmloader of the OS continued on and worked perfectly!!! Yay I got my BB back to a workign state because I happend to use IE. I will never say this again but thank you Internet Explore for saving my phone!!!
    05-20-09 10:09 AM
    How long should it sit there waiting to connect to device? Ive got a bricked 8350i
    05-20-09 11:57 AM
    How long should it sit there waiting to connect to device? Ive got a bricked 8350i
    Read step 2
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    05-20-09 12:20 PM
    hi guys,
    I also have the problem..
    When I wake up this morning, my BB had a black screen. But he was fully charged yesterday evening..
    So i've put it into 3 different chargers. de LED light turned red, but no repsonse.
    Now when I connect it to my computer with the battery out, there's an sign of life! Or something.. On the screen appears an battery icon with a red cross.
    When I put the battery back in, there's a battery-charging icon, or something.
    But still... My BB won't turn on...

And the worst,
    I'M ON A MAC COMPUTER :-|
    So I really don't know a solution.. There's no windows computer in the house..

Anyone?

(Sorry if my English is crap)

I Have a BB Bold btw..
    The battery is likley responsible for the symptoms you are seeing. When the power level is too low it will shut down to conserve the last remaining power.

Start with the 4 Gold contacts on the battery. Use a pink rubber eraser to gently clean off any contamination. If it appears to be taking a charge, leave it for a couple hours, then try turning it on.

Swap in a known good battery if that is an option. Replacement batteries are readily available too.

Hopefully, your Bold does not need to be rebuilt from the computer, but it would be a good idea to line up a friend with a Windows computer, just in case.
    05-20-09 12:32 PM
1,742 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD