10-12-13 06:52 AM
145 ... 456
tools
    In SMS, how to create new paragaraph?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 07:54 PM
    In SMS, how to create new paragaraph?

I will answer my own question as I found out the answer.
    Menu
    Option
    SMS
    Select enter key to send
    Select 'No'
    Save

This setting is advisable even if you are used to short msg or you do not do paragraph intetionally, as sometimes u intend to 'delete' but accidentaly hit 'enter' button, sending your msg prematurely.

Last edited by OgoOgo; 08-22-10 at 09:52 AM.
    08-22-10 09:33 AM
    hi my name is matthew i have a blackberry curve 8520 just wanted to know how do you block numbers you dont want
    08-30-10 11:26 AM
    We know how to block incoming calls from annoying 1-800 numbers to Unknows Callers to Private Numbers and maybe a few of our contacts in our phonebook

So another tip, we can block PIN, SMS, and MMS messages from going through by going OPTIONS > SECURITY OPTIONS > FIREWALL ... then check off all or one box.

Sometimes we don't want to be disturbed by our friends and relatives and turning off your data would only stop emails from coming. So use wisely otherwise you would miss your important messages.
    To reply, with new OS versions, you will most likely end up getting the messages blocked if the person decides to send u an sms that was in reply/response/ referenced to send u the sms that they send u after u have unblocked sms from ur firewall. This would/should apply to mms and any other format. Didn't know if anyone had added this. Didn't search to see. Thanks > silence420

12-02-10 11:36 PM
    So how can I block just one particular number from sending me SMS texts?
    12-09-10 10:16 AM
    So how can I block just one particular number from sending me SMS texts?
    wondering the same and blocking numbers with out an app.
    12-13-10 01:03 AM
    I will answer my own question as I found out the answer.
    Menu
    Option
    SMS
    Select enter key to send
    Select 'No'
    Save

This setting is advisable even if you are used to short msg or you do not do paragraph intetionally, as sometimes u intend to 'delete' but accidentaly hit 'enter' button, sending your msg prematurely.

very useful and helped me
    01-19-11 12:44 AM
    Very helpful, thank you!
    02-12-11 03:26 AM
    thank you for this
    02-17-11 07:28 AM
    Great! Thanks, for both tips.
    03-20-11 11:12 PM
    We know how to block incoming calls from annoying 1-800 numbers to Unknows Callers to Private Numbers and maybe a few of our contacts in our phonebook

So another tip, we can block PIN, SMS, and MMS messages from going through by going OPTIONS > SECURITY OPTIONS > FIREWALL ... then check off all or one box.

Sometimes we don't want to be disturbed by our friends and relatives and turning off your data would only stop emails from coming. So use wisely otherwise you would miss your important messages.

When I send a text message to the number 266266 I get this message in response "Free Msg: Receiver 266266 unable to receive message - Message Blocking is active"..........does anybody know if this is a problem I can fix from my phone OR if it's 266266 's fault & I can not do anything about it? HELP!!!!

07-10-11 02:41 AM
    If you're looking to block calls, check with your carrier. Generally they do offer FREE options to block calls on the provider end, so the call never even reaches the tower much less your phone. I've had Sprint for 10+ years and they've offered this for a majority of that time, and since 2005ish it can be done from your account manager/My Preferences/Block Calls. The only downfall is you can not block private callers, but I only give my number to people I know, and I have a Google Voice number that requires private/unknown callers to identify themselves prior to the call completing.

Some carriers will also let you block SMS texts, sometimes by sending a text to an automated system. On Sprint you can text 'block <number>' or 'spam <number> <2-3 word reason>' to 9999 and it will block specific numbers and short codes. Blocking can also be managed in the account manager similar to blocking calls. Verizon has a web site set aside for their text messaging system, you just log in there and add the numbers/short codes you wish to block. Just Google 'verizon block text messages' and it will link you to Verizon's FAQ on the subject. T-Mobile/AT&T have similar sites.

Specific PIN blocking isn't possible from what I've found, it's either on or off. Until they find a way, I just don't give mine out anymore. I've already got phone, voicemail, SMS and e-mail. If you don't have one of those 4 methods, it's not importaint enough to reach me -- but that's just me.

Almost makes me shudder to think that some folks have paid $15 or more for an app to do something they've already been paying to do with their monthly subscription.
    08-01-11 03:17 PM
    Looks promising, this will come in handy!
    08-01-11 06:52 PM
    The firewall is a pretty great feature for BlackBerry.

Nice tip/tutorial.
    08-03-11 09:38 PM
    thanks chinesecatt, that is such a useful tip...I had no idea that was even there on my bb...
    09-30-11 08:46 PM
    when a person blocks you from texting them, will the sender know that their texts are being blocked?
    10-10-11 10:33 PM
    there is no security options on my phone. someone please help me i have a blackberry curve8520 and this i.d.i.o.t wont leave me alone its really annoying me
    02-14-13 06:13 AM
    How do I block the 1-800 calls...they drive me crazy and fill up my voicemail with recordings...HELP
    05-25-13 07:23 PM
    MY question is that is this service also blocks msg from registered number??
    10-12-13 06:48 AM
    HI;;! May i know that is this service also block msgs from registered numbers like Pgc and etc!!
    10-12-13 06:52 AM
145 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD