Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-30-11 11:00 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    I installed my new. Black 8330m housing. The onyl problem I have is that there is a small piece of the screen just above the trackball that is not completely flush. It's a bit raised if you catch my drift. I can feel it every time I move the trackball upwards. Which takes away from the natural sleek feeling of the phone. Any one encountered this same problem and have a fix for it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 12:19 PM
    Very informative! I was really nervous, but I did it step by step and it works and looks great!

Thanks again!
    12-27-09 04:57 PM
    great tutorial
    12-29-09 11:47 PM
    I actually just bought a blacked out housing kit that comes with about everything for my 8320. I had to settle for the chrome home row keys but I think I'm okay with that so far. I'll have to see how it all comes out when I change it.

Thank you very much to everyone who posted in this with tips and to VTseng this really helped out a lot.
    01-06-10 01:14 AM
    I don't recomend this procedure to anyone.reason being there are a lot of people having issues with their bb's on all sorts of levels soon after the faceplate change. The most common issue is that the headset jack no longer works. I would highly recomend getting a profesional to do this procedure for you. If you can't find one near your home there are plenty online.sure its a lot more costly but we'll worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 11:13 AM
    does anyone have any idea where i can find a carbon fiber battery door??
    01-07-10 08:25 AM
    Hi all,

I'm sorry I haven't had the opportunity to come to this forum to check up on things for a long time since posting this thread. It's nice to see people in the community helping each other though! I'm privileged be of such help to you guys. For those who have asked questions that I haven't been able to get back to, I do apologize. Anyhow I hope everything is going well with your blackberrys!
    01-18-10 03:28 PM
    Old thread but, vtsang, in the part where you had to cut out the silver mesh, couldn't you just use the rubber cover you took off of the microphone itself?
    05-16-10 08:45 PM
    Cool Thanx For Your Information
    06-01-10 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the tut. My bb really needs a new housing.
    06-16-10 01:10 AM
    which are the least risky parts to install? for example, im not sure if i would want to install a new keypad because they keys are used very frequently and I'm very particular about the feel of them
    06-16-10 11:36 AM
    thank you so much for the tutorial! here is my before and after:

Last edited by m3ch3ll; 06-25-10 at 11:10 AM.
    06-25-10 11:05 AM
    vtsang, I just wanted to let you know, I have finally had the time to do this to my now backup phone and it works to perfection. Thank you for your help and this thread
    05-21-11 02:51 PM
    Wish you could do this type of stuff without voiding warrenty/guarantee.
    As my warranty is 24months Standard from the shop I bought it from.
    And I've had my BB less than a year so I dont want to tamper with my BB tbh.

Despite my BB seeing better days.
    Scratches on my screen and housing
    07-30-11 11:00 AM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD