11-10-10 07:39 PM
293 1234 ...
tools
    THANKS. THIS IS VERY NICE TIP. Now, if there was only a way to separate missed calls from my emails. I just dont like missed calls cropping up in between my emails.
    You can...Phone>Options>Call Logging> = "Show these call log types in message list" = Missed calls, all, or none.
    12-11-07 09:29 PM
    Ok I did follow the directions and at first didnt think it worked. If you go into your menu (where all the applications are) then roll the pearl over the programs and you'll see SMS/MMS I moved it to the front of the list and moved the "messages off the home screen. ( I have the homescreen set for only 6 icons on the left side.)
    12-12-07 01:55 AM
    Thanks for the tip auditits great to get these little things out the way and organized so that I can use this thing to its fullest potential.
    12-12-07 07:37 AM
    OK...so how do I retrieve my SMS messages now? The indictor light is on, but i cant find it
    12-12-07 04:01 PM
    Thanks you are a legend! My friends had stopped sending me texts b/c i don't see them and reply days later!!
    12-18-07 01:06 AM
    I have a BB curve. I followed your directions. I now have the two seperate views, however the SMS is not the primary screen for the Messages folder. How do I make this correction to SMS is the first thing I see in the messages folder?
    I have the same issue... Has anyone figured this out?
    12-29-07 03:33 PM
    I don't know if this is what you're asking...but if you highlight the new SMS icon and select move and move it whithin the 1st 5 icons, it will appear on your home screen. If that's not what you're asking...sorry!

Maybe someone can answer this one for me....?.?.

I just set my 8320 Curve with T-Mobile up for Bes and Bis. I am using State Farm's enterprise server. I like many others I am sure, am trying to seperate everything. I have seperated my sms and mms from my email. I did that under the options selection from the menu button. I have seen someone elses 8320 that had seperate email icons, but they could not tell me how they did it. Please help!! Thanks in advance! Tim.
    12-29-07 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the tip,its very useful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-07 07:09 PM
    Sweet. Worked for me! Thx!
    12-29-07 09:44 PM
    THANK YOU! this was beyond helpful. i was getting so frustrated with everything being so cluttered.
    12-30-07 02:27 PM
    Thanks for this tip. Very helpful
    01-03-08 06:11 PM
    Initially when I selected the option of separating the SMS from the email, I was wondering why the default folder was email and how I could change it to SMS. Later I noticed that a new icon was added to the home screen menu - one that opens the SMS folder. This works perfectly for me. Thanks for the help!
    01-08-08 07:07 PM
    Thanks for that tip that really helped! got any others LOL
    01-08-08 11:04 PM
    You can have separate email icons if you only have a BIS account like i used to. With the BIS account, i had separate icons for my gmail and my blackberry email from t-mobile. However once you activate the enterprise server, you can no longer separate your email accounts. however you can still keep you SMS and MMS separate from your emails.

one way to get past this obstacle is to have a different colured background or notifier for different email accounts. for example my work emails have a white background and my gmail appear on a green background.

to set this up, go to options>security>general settings>message background colours and make your choice for enterprise messages and other messages

hope this helps
    01-09-08 04:33 PM
    Thanks for the info this makes things so much easier.....

Hi All,

If you want to separate out your SMSs and MMSs from your regular email inbox, just follow the below steps:

1) In the Messages application, bring up the menu and select Options.
    2) Select General Options.
    3) In the SMS and Email Inboxes field, change the option to Separate and select Save.

I've also put in some screenshots to guide the way!
    01-22-08 09:02 PM
    Wonderful tip! Thanks for sharing it.
    01-25-08 11:44 AM
    I have a 8320 and this tip just isn't working. I just jumped on board from a WM6 environment so I must have something else set I don't see. I have an icon for BB email and 1 for my pop3 account.(Maybe I don't need 2?). Is it possible to have the pop3 only used for my personal email? I'm only using BIS, so I'd like the BB icon to only show SMS msg.
    Or do I deleted the pop3 account on my phone(do I use the tmo website? and just use the BB email icon? Right now when I get an incoming pop3 email, it shows up in 3 places. pop3 icon, BB icon and sms inbox.
    It's late, hopefully this makes sense
    Thanks.

Update:Fixed
    Last edited by lilricky; 02-07-08 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Working like it should
    01-31-08 12:33 AM
    I'm doing a happy dance! thanks for the great tip!

rania
    01-31-08 09:23 AM
    Thanks! That was kind of annoying.
    02-06-08 03:57 PM
    Hello All -- Quick question:

When I create an email a/c on my 8700c via the BIS, can I separate these email messages from the master messages list so that I don't see the emails in both places?

The concept is the same as the forum thread, that is, separating SMS away from the master messages list.

Thanks.
    02-16-08 10:12 PM
    Hi me and my fiance both just got 8310's from AT&T and when I go to hit the seperate option on both phones it does nothing at all. Im still getting emails in the SMS folder. What gives. It doesnt work on either phone.
    02-18-08 10:13 AM
    I have a BB curve. I followed your directions. I now have the two seperate views, however the SMS is not the primary screen for the Messages folder. How do I make this correction to SMS is the first thing I see in the messages folder?

I'm experiencing the same problem. I can separate my emails from my SMS, but then I have both the messages & email leading to an email inbox. I have to go to "view folder" then "SMS inbox" to view my text messages.

I can't find an option to default me to my SMS inbox... unless of course I'm blind.

Help?
    02-18-08 10:20 PM
    big ups on the post, helped a lot
    02-20-08 02:23 PM
    This is a great tip, and one of the first bits of customizing my BB that I've done.
    Worked like a charm on my 8830.
    02-21-08 07:50 AM
    As a newbie I really get blown away by the simplest things, this was truely a great little tip!! I must say without this board I would probably never figure any of this out! Thank you!
    02-25-08 08:40 AM
293 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD