11-10-10 06:39 PM
293 ... 89101112
tools
    I followed the OP exactly. Phone showed i had txt msgs but no star in thr message icon on my start page. I reset the txt messages to combined and the star appears. Messages sent to my bb email still show up in both places. I'm thinking i need to go back to palm. Im getting very agravated. HELP
    06-14-09 03:49 PM
    Need some help.

There is this setting to keep messages for x number of days. I set it to 15 days. here's the thing, i want it to delete messages over 15 days only for emails, but not SMS. apparently it deletes both. is there some way to save my sms?

i already have the message and sms inbox separated.
    06-15-09 02:56 AM
    I didn't even realize that this was possible... therefore was not driven crazy, but now that I separated it, amazing. Thanks!
    06-27-09 08:49 PM
    yes i love this tip
    06-27-09 10:50 PM
    I like and prefer having seperate folders for sms/mms, email and bb messenger. It was annoying having everything show up in one folder because when I'm at work and something comes in I check quickly and didn't always look to se if it was email or text so this helps out with that.
    06-28-09 01:10 AM
    I followed the directions in the first post on this thread but still get my emails in both the message and email folders. This is driving me crazy. I called AT&T and after spending over an hour on the phone with them they said my Curve 8310 is defective and they sent a new one which arrived this morning........same issue - cannot get the emails to stop going into both folders. Any other suggestions????????
    07-09-09 12:21 PM
    Found the answer to my problem later in the thread - sorry I didn't look further before posting.......
    07-09-09 02:22 PM
    A very interesting trick! The problem, I've gotten used to having e-mail and texts in the same area (guess I'm weird that way. lol)

Now if I could figure out how to make BB Messenger show up under there. lol
    07-11-09 06:23 PM
    Great tip - thank you!
    07-13-09 09:03 AM
    The vodafone theme/os my bold came with have these as separate folders as default. Guess they know us brits like our texts. Only problem is whenever i install a theme, the sms icon dissapears
    07-14-09 10:17 AM
    I like it way more now that they are seperated. Seems to make things flow much smoother
    07-14-09 04:47 PM
    Hello all, ok I am a complete Crackberry newbie! I just upgraded to the 8330 from the Treo 650..which I had for four years. I loved my treo but I am already loving this more...now if I can only figure it all out! If it wasn't for this site...I would be completely lost. Thanks everyone.

Ok on with my question...I have flipped through all 16 pages of this thread and have seen the same question asked over and over. So let me see if I can get more detailed w/ the question..

I followed the steps from the very first post and now have SMS and Email seperate. This created a new icon titled "SMS and MMS". So now all my texts messages are in "SMS and MMS" which is great! But I now have two apps/folders with my email in them...my original one titled "123abc@gmail.com" and the old "messages" folder. My question is, rather than hiding one of them, can I delete the old "messages" folder/app?

Thanks for all the and any help...it's much appreciated.
    07-15-09 01:04 PM
    thx for the advice

but
    where do i look for my sms after change the setting?
    07-16-09 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the great tip! I was at a lost in finding the SMS icon.
    07-17-09 06:27 PM
    Just ported over from a Palm Treo to the Tour. Love it so far.

One thing I liked better about the Palm & SMS- is that the messages are threaded according to contact. The main list shows all the contacts you have exchanged texts with. If you click on that name, it shows the sent/received exchange. Very organized. BB seems to just display them all at once. Any way to thread SMS by contact?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 10:45 PM
    Great tip! Thnx!

07-20-09 12:12 PM
    You can...Phone>Options>Call Logging> = "Show these call log types in message list" = Missed calls, all, or none.
    I love this Thread.I've had all my messages & emails grouped together since I've had my Curve and just dealt with it. I've deleated the missed call messages but is there a way to show a "missed call" icon under my Call Log list? That way I can tell at a glance which calls I've missed on busy days.
    07-23-09 06:17 PM
    what a great tip, didn't read thru the whole thread but I went the other way with this tip.

My Curve 8330 came with emails and messages grouped together, but my favourite theme separated them and I hated it.

Now I got em all in one spot again........thank you very much.
    08-03-09 04:00 PM
    With facebook, email, bbm, and sms all going into one inbox it was crazy! I like having the separate inboxes... sms and then everything else.

Thanks for the tip!
    08-07-09 10:49 AM
    Thanks. Mine were already separated... But I wanted them in the same list. To me, a message is a message after all. Don't really care how it arrived.
    08-07-09 11:56 AM
    Thanks! This Was Driving Me Crazy!
    08-07-09 11:06 PM
    ok here is a question. I just changed the email address that my blackberry can access and now i have a separate icon for my messages and for my email. how do i combine my new email to where it comes in under my normal messages folder? sorry if that sounds confusing
    08-10-09 12:12 AM
    Yeah i basically went through every screen to see what they were, and figured this out too. Its a handy thing.
    08-13-09 07:52 AM
    Hi. I've seperated my emails..but I can get seperate icons? How can I get seperate icons?
    Thanks

08-18-09 08:08 AM
    thanks, very helpful
    08-19-09 03:52 PM
293 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD