05-30-10 09:17 AM
117 ... 345
tools
    Ok, so can someone help me out...

I've been using Pop for months without much trouble but lately its slow, so now I'd like to try IMAP because I want read email on the BB shown as read on gmail server.

Only problem, I set the IMAP up just like googles instructions, 10mins of nothing then the last 185 emails came in right up to the latest. Good. I mark all prior as read.

10 mins later those same 185 emails came down into my BB again.

What the **** is going on?
    Sounds like you have your reconcile issue
    03-11-09 02:21 PM
    Anyone having issues that i can address?
    03-11-09 02:35 PM
    Is there a way I can still use Thunderbird at home, which requires POP, and set up my Storm for instant emails? I really don't want oto have to leave my emails stored on the Gmail server.

Thanks!

Paul

edit: Actually, I think it's working fine now weird. The only odd thing is not my Gmail and Meesage icons on the home screen almost shows the new message asterisk even though there's no new message.
    Last edited by quality_sound; 03-15-09 at 11:38 PM.
    03-15-09 08:26 PM
    why dont you want emails to remain on server?

set up a blackberry BIS verison email address and forward a copy of gmail to the BB Verizon email and set it up so the emails are deleted from the BB verizon email on delivery to BB.

That work for you?
    03-15-09 09:45 PM
    Thanks man. A bit annoying that GMAIL still haven't made proper 2-way syncing tho.

I did this and then found out if I read the message on my gmail it still shows as unread on BB. So this is apparently a gmail-BB issue. Works fine with iPhone.

I guess just gotta wait for them to fix the PUSH and sync issue at GMAIL.
    03-18-09 12:13 PM
    This thread has not been active for several months, and I am assuming that with upgrades with BIS push email was finally working with GMail.

But I couldn't get mine to work, until I discovered a glitch.

I have discovered that when sending a test email TO my gmail account FROM an email address that is either a default or secondary address attached to my GMail account, the message will not get pushed.

For example, if my blackberry.net address is a secondary address on my GMail, messages sent from that address to my main gmail.com address will not get pushed.

Likewise, if on the BB I try to send to the GMail address from the GMail address out of my GMail account, those messages will not get pushed.

Anything else from anywhere else gets pushed instantaneously.

I have found that IMAP must be enabled but POP can be on or off, doesn't matter. I think this mattered last year when Mr. Booth was working on this issue, but I think it has been resolved since.

Judging from the dormancy of this thread, can I surmise the Rogers/GMail issue has finally been put to rest?

I think that Gmail is cool too, but I must admit that until these idiosyncrasies become clearer I will stick with Rogers Yahoo Mail as my primary account. Never any pushing issues with that one.

Les
    07-11-09 06:53 AM
    This thread has not been active for several months, and I am assuming that with upgrades with BIS push email was finally working with GMail.

I have discovered that when sending a test email TO my gmail account FROM an email address that is either a default or secondary address attached to my GMail account, the message will not get pushed.

For example, if my blackberry.net address is a secondary address on my GMail, messages sent from that address to my main gmail.com address will not get pushed.

Likewise, if on the BB I try to send to the GMail address from the GMail address out of my GMail account, those messages will not get pushed.

I have found that IMAP must be enabled but POP can be on or off, doesn't matter. I think this mattered last year when Mr. Booth was working on this issue, but I think it has been resolved since.

Judging from the dormancy of this thread, can I surmise the Rogers/GMail issue has finally been put to rest?

I think that Gmail is cool too, but I must admit that until these idiosyncrasies become clearer I will stick with Rogers Yahoo Mail as my primary account. Never any pushing issues with that one.

Les
    Yup, with the advent of BIS 2.6, this problem has been fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 11:01 AM
    I wasn't aware having POP enabled would cause problems on my BlackBerry. So thanks, this thread was very helpful
    07-11-09 03:46 PM
    I just tried this method on my TOUR. WOrks like a charm so far
    07-15-09 01:43 AM
    For gmail on Verizon, deletion doesn't appear to work. But, it will mark your e-mails as read.
    07-15-09 07:02 AM
    Just tried this twice and am not sure if it's working...we'll see if a "new" email on my BB gets resolved as deleted by tomorrow.
    One thing to note is that POP gets enabled by something after all of the steps above. I follwed the instructions exactly. Immediately after completing the steps I verified on my PC that my gmail acct had POP disabled and IMAP enabled. Once an email came through to my BB the gmail acct had POP enabled again. Might not be an issue if enabling both POP and IMAP is ok.
    07-15-09 06:33 PM
    This was not fixed for me, and I'm on Rogers... But then again I haven't bothered trying to delete the email account from my BIS and re-adding it.

When I read or delete on Gmail it does not sync with my BB, or at least not within reasonable time. I always have to go and delete it off my phone if I make a change.

I get emails about 15 minutes late, and it only syncs from BB to Gmail, not the other way around.
    11-07-09 09:37 PM

Les
    As dormant as your post is, this issue is on AT&T too.

But the method works well even this thread was started a long time ago. So far, emails from other sources are pushed without a problem. But I had noticed that I wasn't getting any emails until I read this thread, and your post, and it made sense.

Edit: I deleted my dormant emails, hotmail and yahoo to not have any conflicts. Once I removed them, tested emails again using the OP's method. Also, by sending emails from other email accounts not associated with gmail, hotmail or yahoo. The method worked like a charm.

Emails starting coming in instantly!
    Last edited by fabuloso; 11-10-09 at 11:57 AM.
    11-10-09 11:35 AM
    You can find the Service books in:
    Options>Advanced Options> Service books

Then delete each one. The provisioning serivce book you wont need to delete.

As for the current satus of IMAP. Since i reported it working using the Fix i created, i still have perfect INSTANT PUSH Email under Gmail IMAP
    when you say delete service books, you mean delete only gmail related stuff, right? or every thing like pandora, etc. etc...
    11-25-09 02:40 PM
    Is there still no way to get the Blackberry to sync with Gmail?

Followed this thread, emails come in good - if I read/delete on BB it does it almost right away on Computer... but still not the other way around. This still a common problem?
    11-25-09 06:29 PM
    couldnt find a related post to what i was looking for, i hope someone call help. Everyonce in a while i go to cache options in my browser optoions, i clear my history and clear the cookie cache. my question is what is pushed content, and content cache?? and should i be clearing these?
    04-09-10 11:34 AM
    I'm with orange. It doesn't work. Had to install the gmail app. I'd prefer to set up the email properly on my bb
    05-30-10 09:17 AM
117 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD