I have Windows 7 Pro x64, and I have issue with the Simulator. Anyone else have problems with it using Win7?? It stops responding after a few clicks on it, and I can't close it either. I have to end the process to close it..
    12-03-09 08:37 PM
    Same here, it works eventually, but won't close!
    12-04-09 12:15 AM
    Same on Vista X64
    1) VERY SLOW to load. My home pc is 2x more powerful than my work pc, yet work pc (WinXP) loads the sim way faster and works fine.
    2) Does NOT close... i have to force close it with Task Manager.... annoying.
    12-04-09 07:55 AM
    I wonder if it is a problem with the x64 OS.. I will try it on my acer aspire one and see if it fixes it. I think I will try compatability mode as well in windows 7. I will let you guys know if it works out!
    12-04-09 12:46 PM
    Hi,

Please follow the instructions below:
    * To run BlackBerry simulator under Windows 7:
    1. Try to slide down the User Access Control (UAC) feature in Windows 7.

* To close BlackBerry simulator under Windows 7:
    1. Go to blackberry simulator bin folder. Check if FledgeController.exe is in the same folder.
    2. Create a text file name controllerc.txt in the same folder and put the contents:
    Exit
    Kill
    Quit

3. Create batch file closebbsim.bat in the same folder and put the contents:
    @ECHO OFF
    FledgeController.exe < controllerc.txt

4. Create a shortcut to desktop of closebbsim.bat
    5. Run the simulator
    6. Run closebbsim.bat

You will now be able to close the blackberry simulator without using task manager.

Hopefully this will help.

12-04-09 06:37 PM
    Ive had this problem also gets really annoying ,,,i will try it out thanks
    02-18-10 11:29 PM
    Hi,

Please follow the instructions below:
    * To run BlackBerry simulator under Windows 7:
    1. Try to slide down the User Access Control (UAC) feature in Windows 7.

* To close BlackBerry simulator under Windows 7:
    1. Go to blackberry simulator bin folder. Check if FledgeController.exe is in the same folder.
    2. Create a text file name controllerc.txt in the same folder and put the contents:
    Exit
    Kill
    Quit

3. Create batch file closebbsim.bat in the same folder and put the contents:
    @ECHO OFF
    FledgeController.exe < controllerc.txt

4. Create a shortcut to desktop of closebbsim.bat
    5. Run the simulator
    6. Run closebbsim.bat

You will now be able to close the blackberry simulator without using task manager.

Hopefully this will help.

So this doesnt fix the problem.. just gives you a shortcut to close fledge.exe without having to use Task Manager? I mean, it works.. but actually takes longer to run that batch file than it does to open task manager and end.
    02-19-10 08:20 AM
    I think this is a known problem (known to RIM) that for x64 machines, the simulator doesn't close. I would have hoped for a fix by now though. It's extremely annoying.
    02-19-10 09:06 AM
    I think this is a known problem (known to RIM) that for x64 machines, the simulator doesn't close. I would have hoped for a fix by now though. It's extremely annoying.
    hoping for a fix on a know problem!!! your new right lmao (im joking of course )

all i can say, is my workaround is to use the sim on my laptop, as i have a network style hdd in my house i pop the files on there then use the sim on my laptop in XP, not at all the best way im sure, but its fastest way to do it lol
    02-19-10 12:55 PM
    hoping for a fix on a know problem!!! your new right lmao (im joking of course )

all i can say, is my workaround is to use the sim on my laptop, as i have a network style hdd in my house i pop the files on there then use the sim on my laptop in XP, not at all the best way im sure, but its fastest way to do it lol
    Yeah, it's crazy, I know!
    02-19-10 01:08 PM
    theme studio seems to be a pain in the donkey on win 7 64bit.

i get same problem with the simulator too.

find it easier to load into my handset than load the sim
    02-22-10 01:28 PM
    I really hope rim will fix this crap soon.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 10:41 PM
    I'm running the simulator on Windows XP 32bit and loading the simulator takes the same amount of time as in the real world...my Storm 9500 takes about 6 minutes to boot, so das the simulator.

Just that the simulator also takes 2-3 seconds to react on a single mouse click. You simply can't work with this
    04-12-10 04:16 PM
    i have had lots of problems with this on my laptop which is running windows 7 64 bit pro maybe i'll give it shot on my xp machine at work :/ i hope rim fixes it cuz we are switching over to seven at my work place and well i have lots of down time
    04-15-10 12:32 PM
    Have you guys tried changing the permission on MDS folder. You need to add "Authenticated Users" to this folder and its subfolders and give all the permissions except "delete subfolders and files', "change permissions" and "take ownership".

See this works and then let me know....
    05-04-10 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD