Dropped into a Telstra shop today randomly and to my surprise a working BlackBerry Classic on display, right in the front of the shop (as opposed to being hidden away like a illegitimate child).

I had quick play with it and loved the feel of the physical keyboard, no written specifications can describe the feeling.

Anyway, I approached a sales droid and inquired about the BlackBerry Classic and he responded "oh we don't have any BlackBerry in here".. ????

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    02-17-15 04:55 AM
    Wow! There's an intelligent employee !!
    02-17-15 05:13 AM
    Haha. You should have said, really? Then what is That device up on display at the front window? Then point your finger at it. He'll look stupid once seeing the device and would probably apologize.
    02-17-15 08:19 AM
    Maybe they didn't have any stock?
    02-17-15 08:21 AM
    Don't know what to say about carrier support-nothing-see-here.jpg

Nothing to see here.
    02-17-15 01:50 PM
    I bet I get a similar response from AT&T on the 20th.
    02-17-15 01:57 PM
    I work for Telstra and customers get sent to see me about BlackBerry, as I'm one of the few that uses and loves the devices. The staff at my store at least know we have the phone and how to unlock it. Everything else and they grab me.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 05:35 AM
    Is it due to a lack of training or support from Blackberry? I find it really disheartening when I walk into a Telstra store and they know nothing about Blackberry handsets.

Nine times out of ten, the battery is flat but remarkably all of the Droid and iPhones are fully charged and plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:24 AM
    Maybe you could help me out .... I'm currently with Optus and have been using a BIS plan. As of last Saturday Optus has removed BIS and told me that they no longer support BB phones at all!!

So, I went into Telstra shop today, Sydney metro area, and told them that I wanted the $35 plan which includes 500mb data, and that I want that data to be treated as BIS data. They told me that they don't support BB anymore except for the pre paid vouchers.

I've got a 9700 using OS7.

I also saw a Telstra pamphlet stating that they won't support OS10 on the $35 plans. Is that right?

The thing is, I want to keep using my BB but I don't need anymore than 500mb BIS data, and the $35 plan would have been grand.

If I stay with Optus I pay just $30 for 1gb Optus data (not BIS), and get a better deal with the other aspects offered.

So, what do you know about BB with Telstra?

Thanks for any help, btw.
    06-15-15 04:36 AM
    I gave up BIS and my Torch 9800 for a Q10 two years ago. Why I do like BIS and miss my Torch. I do understand why the carriers no longer support BIS as I very rarely see old BBOS around anymore and I guess it is no longer cost effective to run.

I'm with Telstra with my Q10 and paying $80 for 1.5GB which I find ridiculous, I will be changing this next month and will go on a $50 plan for 3GB which is much better value.

I was with Vodafone previous, and I have my work phone with Optus, but still find Telstra the best in terms of network speed and mobile coverage. My Q10 works great on the telstra network. At the moment I believe the Classic is available at a reasonable price on the Telstra network.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:27 AM
    I gave up BIS and my Torch 9800 for a Q10 two years ago. Why I do like BIS and miss my Torch. I do understand why the carriers no longer support BIS as I very rarely see old BBOS around anymore and I guess it is no longer cost effective to run.

I'm with Telstra with my Q10 and paying $80 for 1.5GB which I find ridiculous, I will be changing this next month and will go on a $50 plan for 3GB which is much better value.

I was with Vodafone previous, and I have my work phone with Optus, but still find Telstra the best in terms of network speed and mobile coverage. My Q10 works great on the telstra network. At the moment I believe the Classic is available at a reasonable price on the Telstra network. Posted via CB10
    Can you tell me how you access the BB features now that BB10 doesn't use BIS data? So, how do you access features like BB Protect, and BB App World, and BB Travel etc .....

Edit
    How does BB know that you have an account in order to access their stuff? Make sense?
    06-16-15 02:33 AM
    Can you tell me how you access the BB features now that BB10 doesn't use BIS data? So, how do you access features like BB Protect, and BB App World, and BB Travel etc .....

Edit
    How does BB know that you have an account in order to access their stuff? Make sense?
    Just regular data. BlackBerry knows you have an account because you have to make an ID when setting up the phone.

Work Wide and Prosper
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-16-15 04:02 AM
    Just regular data. BlackBerry knows you have an account because you have to make an ID when setting up the phone.

Work Wide and Prosper
    So all the BB OS features like BB Protect etc just will keep on working, but use IDP data instead of BIS data. Is that right? (Yeah, I'm feeling a little like a dill, but I'm just trying to get my head around it, lol!)
    06-16-15 04:30 AM
    So all the BB OS features like BB Protect etc just will keep on working, but use IDP data instead of BIS data. Is that right? (Yeah, I'm feeling a little like a dill, but I'm just trying to get my head around it, lol!)
    Yes. Although protect works a little differently. Otherwise, yeah. Even BBM will work on just wifi if you want, no need for service.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-16-15 11:41 AM