Thought I might post this here as well to try and get some help..

Okay so I am currently living in Madrid, Spain and brought my Verizon BB9650. I had it unlocked before I left. Anyways, originally I got service (for the past 3 months) with the carrier Orange here. And well, their service is just absolute crap and I will be canceling.

Anyways, yesterday a friend of mine yesterday gave me his Blackberry's Movistar (Telefonica) sim card and told me I could use it. Since my phone is unlocked, I assumed I could just pop it into mine and everything should work.

It works, but I cannot get it to connect to BIS. There is nothing listed in the Host Routing Table and every time I try and register it nothing happens. Must I call the new carrier (Movistar) and have them register my PIN/IMEI, or is there another way to get this to work. Thanks!
    11-19-10 11:03 AM
    Although ur ? is unlocked, it can only be registered on a bis network if d old one has been cancelled and ur pin released. If u have fulfilled d above condition u might need to call d new network to get bis activated on dat simcard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 05:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD