Does anyone know the ins and the outs of the contract they agreed?
    09-26-15 06:53 PM
    Mercedes’ Formula One team and BlackBerry, two businesses trying to catch up with rivals, joined forces in a sponsorship deal worth $12m a year for three years.

2013 - 2016
    09-26-15 08:04 PM
    It's interesting you mention 2016, because on today's photo's from Suzuki Japan I did not seen BlackBerry on the cars or helmets. It seems EPSON has taken over BlackBerry's position. Fomula One is a global advertisement stage, which has very loyal followers. Maybe they will sponsor the olympic games in Rio next year. I'm kidding, BlackBerries don't have to be advertised everyone knows what BlackBerries are capable of, they are already so popular that BlackBerry has troubles keeping up with the production of the phones. Sarcasm off.

Mercedes’ Formula One team and BlackBerry, two businesses trying to catch up with rivals, joined forces in a sponsorship deal worth $12m a year for three years.

2013 - 2016
    09-27-15 05:09 AM
    It's interesting you mention 2016, because on today's photo's from Suzuki Japan I did not seen BlackBerry on the cars or helmets. It seems EPSON has taken over BlackBerry's position. Fomula One is a global advertisement stage, which has very loyal followers. Maybe they will sponsor the olympic games in Rio next year. I'm kidding, BlackBerries don't have to be advertised everyone knows what BlackBerries are capable of, they are already so popular that BlackBerry has troubles keeping up with the production of the phones. Sarcasm off.
    I was curious so I went digging. Looks like the BB logo is still there:

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-f1-bb.jpg
    09-27-15 06:41 AM
    A couple of years ago BlackBerry Limited (formerly known as Research In Motion Limited) closed its office in Japan . . . and yet a global contract is a contract so that it has been another glorious day for the Team BlackBerry.

Race Results - 2015 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-2015_suzuka_win.png

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-image16x9_img_1536_high.jpg

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-20150927_20150927_100945_0.jpg

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-092715_motor_hamilton_vadapt_955_high_34.jpg

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-2015_suzuka_victory.png

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-image25_img_640_medium.jpg

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-image28_img_640_medium.jpg
    Last edited by yhamaie; 09-27-15 at 08:18 AM.
    09-27-15 07:02 AM
    EPSON have been with that team since they were Honda.

As far as I know neither Rosberg or Hamilton have prominent BlackBerry advertising. The personally are endorsed by Monster. I think BlackBerry is more of a team sponsorship with MercedesAMGF1.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 08:25 AM
    EPSON have been with that team since they were Honda.
    EPSON logo has been found on rear wings and racing suits since the beginning of this season.

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-rosb-hami-w06-jere-2015.jpg

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-w06.png
    Last edited by yhamaie; 09-27-15 at 08:58 AM.
    09-27-15 08:45 AM
    It appears that BlackBerry's sponsorship (three year contract) has not yet been renewed.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d6695...44feab49a.html

February 4, 2013 8:21 pm

Mercedes and BlackBerry in F1 deal

By James Allen and Roger Blitz

Mercedes' Formula One team and BlackBerry, two businesses trying to catch up with rivals, joined forces in a sponsorship deal worth $12m a year for three years.

Research In Motion, the Canadian handset maker, is getting into F1 for the first time and will have the BlackBerry name on the chassis and headrests of Mercedes' new Silver Arrows and the racesuits of team drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

Mercedes poached Mr Hamilton from rival McLaren at the end of last season as part of a concerted effort to keep pace with F1's strongest teams – McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari.

Frank Boulben, BlackBerry's chief marketing officer, said the brand and the team had matching strategies of recovery in their fields.

"They think, very much like us, Mercedes is at the beginning of a journey to reclaim the top position," Mr Boulben said. "We are making a strong comeback with the new platform BB10, so there are very similar trajectories. The two stories marry very well."

F1's global reach was an attractive factor for BlackBerry, particularly in important markets such as India, South America and North America.

Mr Hamilton was also "a big part of the appeal", Mr Boulben said.
    09-27-15 09:27 AM
    Ditto.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/h...lackberry_deal

Hamilton’s Mercedes team confirms BlackBerry deal

04 February 2013 | By Michael Long

Lewis Hamilton's new Formula One team, Mercedes AMG, has secured a new partnership with BlackBerry.

BlackBerry will become the team's new official mobile computing partner and 'collaborate on technical and marketing opportunities'. The team will also use Blackberry 10 phones throughout the season.

The announcement came just before Monday's launch of the team's 2013 car. No financial details were revealed but a high-level source indicated to SportsPro that the deal is worth some US$12 million per year. The agreement is believed to be for three seasons.

Ross Brawn, team principal of the Mercedes AMG team, said: "On the day that our new Silver Arrow, the F1 W04, is launched, we are very pleased to announce our partnership with BlackBerry.

"We are looking forward to embracing the new BlackBerry 10 platform at both a technical and operational level, as well as collaborating with the team at BlackBerry to bring new mobile innovation to Mercedes AMG Petronas. It is especially pleasing to be able to launch this exciting partnership today as our latest Silver Arrow takes to the track with BlackBerry branding.”

Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer at BlackBerry, added: “Formula One is all about precision engineering, design and innovation – three values that mirror the approach that’s gone into creating BlackBerry 10."

Hamilton, who has joined the team from McLaren, and new team-mate Nico Rosberg will begin testing this week at Jerez, ahead of the start of the new season on 17th March.
    09-27-15 09:30 AM
    Maybe they will sponsor the olympic games in Rio next year. I'm kidding,

To be a sponsor for 2016 Olympic and Paralympic a company will have to pay a fortune, I suppose.

Partners | Rio 2016
    09-27-15 09:35 AM
    It appears that BlackBerry's sponsorship (three year contract) has not yet been renewed.
    There is a thread on this forum someplace mentioning that John Chen said a while ago that he won't be renewing the contract (or something to this effect). The contract was already in place when he came on board, so he is contractually obligated for it to run its course, but in the face of needing to save cash, he won't be extending it.

I don't feel like looking for that thread.

Blackberry Perv would have to be a pretty smashing success in order for John Chen to change his mind and sink 36 mill. into the next contract. Teaming up with Mercedes is good marketing, I think; but it currently costs more than BB can afford to spend.

As much as as I'd like to see the contract renewed, given BB situation today, it wouldn't be a good financial decision. Instead of spending 36 mill, they could hire 36 mill worth of software-developers-time to work on BB's platform...for example....but I digress now. I just wanted to mention that John has confirmed the contract not being renewed.
    Last edited by pomidor; 09-27-15 at 12:42 PM. Reason: I suck
    09-27-15 12:41 PM
    http://m.thestar.com/#/article/autos...his-match.html

In the meantime, automotive concerns of a different nature are also front and centre. BlackBerrys sponsorship contract with Formula Ones Mercedes AMG Petronas team runs out at the end of this year.

Rumored at a cost of more than $45-million for three years, has it been good value for money?

Given the conditions we were in in the last three years it worked in some places, Chen says.

It doesnt work uniformly but a lot of that isnt about Formula One, its about us because when we were very preoccupied with turning around the company . . . we really didnt take advantage of the platform . . . The fact of the matter is we havent truly been in a position to take advantage of their platform and everything else.

Chen agrees Mercedes F1 World Championship win in 2014 produced good foreign market exposure for BlackBerry, but he remains undecided on whether a new sponsorship deal will be signed.

unquote

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 08:43 PM
    http://www.qnx.co.jp/news/pr_5680_1.html

QNX CAR Platform Powers Infotainment System in New Mercedes-Benz Concept Car Mercedes-Benz Concept S-Class Coup features all-digital instrument cluster and head unit

FRANKFURT, IAA Cars International Motor Show, September 12, 2013 QNX Software Systems Limited, a global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics, today announced that Mercedes-Benz has selected the QNX CAR platform to power the infotainment system in the Mercedes-Benz Concept S-Class Coup, an exciting new concept vehicle created to showcase Mercedes-Benz latest advancements in user experiences for the car.

The concept cars infotainment system brings the Mercedes-Benz design philosophy to life with a fresh and refined approach to the all-digital instrument cluster and head unit. The digital dials are functional yet sensual in the use of 3D and light, complementing the new interior. The use of particle effects conveys a sense of emotion to the head unit's main menu and mood-based selection of music, while the new Garmin map strikes a balance between form and function so that you arrive in style.

Visitors to the IAA Cars event, popularly known as the Frankfurt Motor Show, can see the concept car first hand at the Mercedes-Benz booth in the Festhalle.

QNX Software Systems has been working with Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA) for more than a decade, providing the group with advanced technologies for the specification, demonstration, and prototyping of next-generation vehicle electronics concepts. In fact, Mercedes-Benz was the first automaker to take advantage of the QNX OEM Innovation Labs (OIL) Program, which QNX Software Systems created to assist automakers with research planning and development. The infotainment system in the new Mercedes-Benz concept car is the latest result of this long and fruitful collaboration.

It is a thrill to see how an industry leader like Mercedes-Benz, with its phenomenal sense of automotive design, can leverage the flexibility of the QNX CAR platform to create a unique and compelling driving experience, said Andrew Poliak, global director, automotive business development, QNX Software Systems. When you look at this car, you are looking at the near future of automotive connectivity and infotainment. Its been a privilege to support our colleagues at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America on this project.

The QNX CAR platform for infotainment systems is based on QNX technology proven in tens of millions of vehicles. Designed for flexibility, the platform provides automotive companies with a rich suite of pre-integrated technologies for building connected infotainment systems that can keep pace with innovations in mobile apps and devices while maintaining automotive-grade reliability.

We designed the infotainment system for the Mercedes-Benz Concept S-Class Coup to be a seamless extension of the digital lifestyle, enabling consumers to leverage existing mobile and cloud-based services to choose destinations easily and simply, in a way that is appropriate for the automotive context, said Johann Jungwirth, president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 08:53 PM
    I would like to see similar videos (featuring Priv) released before the three year contract with Mercedes AMG F1 Team expires.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 09:08 PM
    Nice day to you too!

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-img_20150927_225953.jpg

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 10:02 PM
    10-13-15 03:33 AM
    It appears that another championship won in a row has not yet been celebrated here at CrackBerry.

#WonMoreTime

How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-2015_champion.jpg
    How long do BlackBerry and Mercedes have together?-2015_champion_banner.png
    10-23-15 06:29 AM
    Hello what's up
    06-21-16 08:26 AM