1. Who is Lewis Hamilton?

2. Who cares?
    More of this

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    07-07-14 08:39 PM
    Who cares? Love my BlackBerry

White z10 user.
    07-07-14 08:41 PM
    Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter, tweeted by other Blackberry users....and contrary to popular belief if some of the thread posters this is not to "pick on Blackberry". Most on here have had their say on things Blackberry could do better, where they need to change, what they support, and I do remember threads about Keys and her iphone tweeting. My point is this.....if someone in the public eye is sponsored by Blackberry, and they know their posts and tweets are seen by possibly millions, isn't it only right that for the length of that sponsorship that they use a company phone for such as social media and publuc events?
    07-08-14 02:04 AM
    Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter, tweeted by other Blackberry users....and contrary to popular belief if some of the thread posters this is not to "pick on Blackberry". Most on here have had their say on things Blackberry could do better, where they need to change, what they support, and I do remember threads about Keys and her iphone tweeting. My point is this.....if someone in the public eye is sponsored by Blackberry, and they know their posts and tweets are seen by possibly millions, isn't it only right that for the length of that sponsorship that they use a company phone for such as social media and publuc events?
    Again, Who cares?
    07-08-14 02:13 AM
    I've often seen replies like this on here with others, something genuine posted and the poster is ridiculed. Good advert for Blackberry supporters isn't it. And as a Blackberry supporter.....previous Fan of the Month and Elite....both coveted awards from Blackberry, I am very often ashamed of some of the posts I see.

One ardent Blackberry supporter is set upon by the 'gods of knowledge' on here as soon as he posts.....very sad to see.

Most on here know so much about the Blackberry brand that they support they don't even know what a FOTM or Elite is.

The CB10 app was removed from my phone dome time ago.....and now, although the replies will say good riddance, this app is going off my Playbook.

Maybe sone need to read through the forum niceties thread again.
    07-08-14 02:22 AM
    I've often seen replies like this on here with others, something genuine posted and the poster is ridiculed. Good advert for Blackberry supporters isn't it. And as a Blackberry supporter.....previous Fan of the Month and Elite....both coveted awards from Blackberry, I am very often ashamed of some of the posts I see.

One ardent Blackberry supporter is set upon by the 'gods of knowledge' on here as soon as he posts.....very sad to see.

Most on here know so much about the Blackberry brand that they support they don't even know what a FOTM or Elite is.

The CB10 app was removed from my phone dome time ago.....and now, although the replies will say good riddance, this app is going off my Playbook.

Maybe sone need to read through the forum niceties thread again.

Lewis Hamilton can use whatever phone he wants to use, I don't know why you're taking this so seriously. As you can see from the previous comments in this thread, nobody cares if a famous person who's TEAM is sponsored by BlackBerry uses another phone.

Some people might care if he didn't win his races but nobody cares about what phone he uses, It's a free world so relax.
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    07-08-14 03:55 AM
    I think the Mercedes sponsorship is great. They actually rely on BlackBerry for their amazing work. I'd hate for them to feel like they are missing out on other tech because of their sponsor(s) so I say let them be.

Let them enjoy their play. They clearly enjoy their work with BlackBerry. Both Apple and BlackBerry benefit here. It would be difficult and boring for any company to be "The only one you should use for everything." I think Our BlackBerry is on the more prestigious side here; the actual races.

It is a huge compliment that an individual/company consciously chooses to use BlackBerry for their "Enterprise." If I could afford it, I probably would own a device from every platform so I could appreciate and support my BlackBerry even more credibly.
    07-08-14 04:31 AM
    Doesn't matter to me in the least. Well, other than its just another avenue for idiots to pick on BlackBerry.
    Yu da man!!!

Haven't seen any editor in chief ever use the word *****!!!

Me like!

Me like plenty!!!

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    07-08-14 04:40 AM
    Yu da man!!!

Haven't seen any editor in chief ever use the word *****!!!

Me like!

Me like plenty!!!

Hey how come he gets to say ***** and mine cones out as *****

07-08-14 04:41 AM

Lewis Hamilton can use whatever phone he wants to use, I don't know why you're taking this so seriously. As you can see from the previous comments in this thread, nobody cares if a famous person who's TEAM is sponsored by BlackBerry uses another phone.

Some people might care if he didn't win his races but nobody cares about what phone he uses, It's a free world so relax.
    If no one cares.... why do advertiser pay celebrities thousands to use their products in public? And make no mistake Lewis Hamilton is a celebrity. Maybe you believe it doesn't matter to you, the fact is for ever celebrity that uses an iPhone, Apple most likely sells several thousand more devices. For every celebrity that drops their BlackBerry in favor of another devices (because they like it or are paid to like it) BlackBerry loses potential customers and maybe even existing customers. If in eight months Chen is forced to announces that BlackBerry is no longer making hardware due to lower than expected sales of the Passport, Classic and Z3.... I bet then you will care.

Another person who didn't care.... Jim Balsillie "[Apple and the iPhone is] kind of one more entrant into an already very busy space with lots of choice for consumers … But in terms of a sort of a sea-change for BlackBerry, I would think that's overstating it."
    07-08-14 07:20 AM
    What I don't get is...
    Is Lewis Hamilton sponsored by BlackBerry?
    Or is it Mercedes-AMG?

If it's the second, why does this thread exist?

Posted via CB10
    Deckard79 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    07-08-14 07:53 AM
    <scnr>Just a rumor but, since he's been using his BlackBerry lately, he started to win again :P </scnr>

Yes they sponsor Mercedes-AMG, not Hamilton. And yes they use BBM a lot!
    07-08-14 07:56 AM
    Regardless of what he tweets from, when he has crossed the finish line 5 times this year, The BlackBerry name and logo was front and centre on the car that got him over the line
    07-08-14 10:52 AM
    What I don't get is...
    Is Lewis Hamilton sponsored by BlackBerry?
    Or is it Mercedes-AMG?

If it's the second, why does this thread exist?

Posted via CB10
    Indeed.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 11:09 AM
    If no one cares.... why do advertiser pay celebrities thousands to use their products in public? And make no mistake Lewis Hamilton is a celebrity. Maybe you believe it doesn't matter to you, the fact is for ever celebrity that uses an iPhone, Apple most likely sells several thousand more devices. For every celebrity that drops their BlackBerry in favor of another devices (because they like it or are paid to like it) BlackBerry loses potential customers and maybe even existing customers. If in eight months Chen is forced to announces that BlackBerry is no longer making hardware due to lower than expected sales of the Passport, Classic and Z3.... I bet then you will care.
    You're barking up the wrong tree..I don't care lol

My 9800 is practically unusable and my PlayBook has stopped accepting any charging cables. Still got a soft spot for BlackBerry as a company but I am done with their products.

P.S I know Lewis Hamilton is a celebrity, I'm British, I work for a mobile communication business and the people I know in and out of work don't buy phones based on popularity or what a celeb is using.

That sounds stupid to me IMO.
    Last edited by MC_A_DOT; 10-02-14 at 03:13 AM.
    07-09-14 06:47 AM
    This is very important! Right up there with...... well..... maybe cheese wiz.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    Your signature!

Yes, TgeekB, I suggested you for 2014 conversation driver amongst CB users, amongst a few known negative nannies (no offense to those, they know why, haha... )

Keep moving ... :-)

  A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...  
    01-03-15 10:55 PM
    I don't think Blackberry actually sponsor Hamilton, they sponsor his F1 Team: Mercedes and I doubt there is a clause in the deal that says Mercedes employees are only allowed to use blackberry's

Posted via CB10

Actually there are clauses that prevent F1 drivers from using products,
    manufactured by their sponsors competitors.
    Which is partly why the top F1 drivers have such high salaries...
    teams add in high dollar incentives and bonuses compensating
    some money they lose via sponsorship restriction.
    Lewis owned an Iphone prior to joining Mercedes.

I saw a pic of him on a yacht in Moncao this year
    holding an Iphone 6plus,no word on if it was his or not
    but the pic does exist. I believe it was published by dailymail.com.uk
    07-30-15 08:11 PM
42 12