Has anyone seen this? Lewis Hamilton, British Formula One driver, appears in a YouTube video controlling his F1 car remotely with a BB Storm.

This is the YouTube video:

And this is the article:
    BlackBerry Storm Controls F1 Car - Gearlog

Now, I don't know if it is real or not. It could be fake. But it will be great if he can do that with a Storm. I thought I will share this with all the fellow Storm-lovers here.
    03-12-09 08:14 PM
    This was big news.....A couple of days ago!

Still cool though!
    03-12-09 08:17 PM
    If Chuck Norris had a Blackberry Storm, he'd have it driving a tank and he'd program it to swivel it's turret to do roundhouse kicks.
    03-12-09 08:19 PM
    I want to believe, it is possible...Mclaren allowing a multi million dollar car to be un manned and driven remotley? yet if mclaren didn't think it was possible i don't think they would have contacted those guys...Yet at the same time lewis hamilton was one of the first to have a storm i think...(could be for storm marketing?) cause neither vadafone or mclaren will comment on it...

now i say its possible because i dont know how many watch Top Gear but Jeremy drove a car that BMW built that after they drove it around a track it was able to drive itself in a high speed run guided by sat nav/gps (turned accelerated and braked on its own, and actually just about ran a perfect race line) BMW just had him sit at the wheel "just in case"...

But the part that got me thinking was did they make the app so when the storm turned 90 deg into portrait it stayed in landscape ? i would asume so...

also alot talk about the wheels not turning in the garage (when he turned the storm) you can see the wheel in the cockpit move and its hard to tell if they really do but (dont watch alot of F1, not much coverage here in the states) but if you watch onboard videos youll watch the driver turn wheel 90 degrees and the wheels only move an inch or so, depends on track some times more.....

Sorry to pick this video apart but it is very interesting and would be awesome if it could be 100% verified, or even see parts and app used for the rc car video
    03-12-09 09:10 PM
    If it is true it's really scary if the Storm decides to reboot itself or needs a battery pull while the car is in motion
    03-12-09 09:49 PM
    I want to believe, it is possible...Mclaren allowing a multi million dollar car to be un manned and driven remotley? yet if mclaren didn't think it was possible i don't think they would have contacted those guys...Yet at the same time lewis hamilton was one of the first to have a storm i think...(could be for storm marketing?) cause neither vadafone or mclaren will comment on it...

now i say its possible because i dont know how many watch Top Gear but Jeremy drove a car that BMW built that after they drove it around a track it was able to drive itself in a high speed run guided by sat nav/gps (turned accelerated and braked on its own, and actually just about ran a perfect race line) BMW just had him sit at the wheel "just in case"...
    True or not, it would be cool but who knows... only time will tell.

I did see that Top Gear episode. That was truly amazing that the BMW did that on their test track, I also loved how at the end Jeremy couldn't figure out how to stop the car. One of my favorite shows of all time! One my tivo list! Maybe they will do something on this, they've had Lewis Hamilton on there before as well.
    03-12-09 09:58 PM
    some guy did this with a nokia a year ago
    03-12-09 10:05 PM
    ....also alot talk about the wheels not turning in the garage (when he turned the storm) you can see the wheel in the cockpit move and its hard to tell if they really do but (dont watch alot of F1, not much coverage here in the states) but if you watch onboard videos youll watch the driver turn wheel 90 degrees and the wheels only move an inch or so, depends on track some times more.....
    The turn ratio of a formula 1 car is not the same as a regular car. You have to turn the steering wheel a lot more to move just a little of the front tires. It is for high speed stability purpose. So it is entirely possible.

I wish someone will develop an app on Storm to run a remote-control toy car (like those Radio Shack cars). That will be awesome! I will definitely buy that app. And I am so glad that Hamilton did it on a Storm and not on an iPhone.
    03-12-09 10:09 PM
    that is interesting though i wouldnt mind having something like that
    03-12-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD