BlackBerry have sponsored Mercedes F1 this year. Thankfully one of the most famous drivers in the world is driving for them, and is doing well in preseason. Why am I telling you all this? Well, it means that every F1 website I visit is showing the blackberry logo pretty prominently. With F1s global reach, I just want to congratulate Blackberry on being bold in their marketing push for bb10

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:40 AM
    03-03-13 04:00 AM
    BlackBerry have sponsored Mercedes F1 this year. Thankfully one of the most famous drivers in the world is driving for them, and is doing well in preseason. Why am I telling you all this? Well, it means that every F1 website I visit is showing the blackberry logo pretty prominently. With F1s global reach, I just want to congratulate Blackberry on being bold in their marketing push for bb10

Posted via CB10
    They're showing some great speed but I don't think they're going to win much. Their tyres are falling apart faster than some other teams. RedBull, Ferrari and Lotus seem to have the best long term pace.

This is what I posted on another F1 site on Feb 20....

I believe the Lotus car was the most consistent on the first day. Kimi did 14 laps all 1.23s and below. No other driver got close to those numbers. Also, Kimi was the only driver that did 4 back to back laps all in the 1.23s between 1:23.609 and 1:23.945. That's a .336 gap from the fastest to the slowest. Even as slower speeds, no other driver was able to produce that kind of consistency.
    and...

By looking at McLaren's long run data,

the softer tyres are wearing out between .150-.200 per lap

the harder compounds are wearing out at around .100 per lap but around 2 seconds slower per lap.

I don't know the how much fuel was on board but the number of laps was about the same between the compounds.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a "cliff" on these 2013 tyres. They have a constant degrade per lap instead.
    03-03-13 06:19 AM
    I'm not saying that Mercedes are going to really be challenging the front. Wherever they are In the field this year they will get loads of exposure because of the lewis effect. Savvy marketing IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-03-13 12:19 PM
    Your analysis of tyre deg is pretty good btw. Hopefully the tires will have a large enough performance spread to allow for some great racing to replicate 2012

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:21 PM
    Love this...I am thinking anything in top 5 (finish) would be a fantastic result this year...obviously hope I'm wrong and they win everything however it's a reach imo. From an exposure/marketing aspect...WIN already.
    03-03-13 12:59 PM
    They should have sponsored a NASCAR team also. I remember reading somewhere NASCAR fans are more likely to buy the brand their drivers use or that sponsor within NASCAR.

Seeing as the US is so important how big a coo would that have been......
    03-03-13 01:08 PM
    Looks like Massas tyre deg was far work that Lewsis's certailny on the front left )
    03-03-13 02:30 PM
    They should have sponsored a NASCAR team also. I remember reading somewhere NASCAR fans are more likely to buy the brand their drivers use or that sponsor within NASCAR.

Seeing as the US is so important how big a coo would that have been......
    While I can understand the desire to attract US customers by sponsorship deals, I wonder if the NASCAR demographic is the one BlackBerry is targeting at the moment. I am not saying it is not, I am just wondering.
    03-03-13 04:04 PM
    Agree with Alan, would be tough to fit the demographic there. Of the two, F1 seems better suited imo

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:08 PM
    Would be nice if nico gets another win
    03-03-13 04:21 PM
    Someone ought to tell F1 them about the picture on this page

Formula 1 - The Official F1 Website

03-03-13 04:27 PM
    While I can understand the desire to attract US customers by sponsorship deals, I wonder if the NASCAR demographic is the one BlackBerry is targeting at the moment. I am not saying it is not, I am just wondering.
    I think the nascar demographic is a little wider then the redneck stereotypes we are led to think

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-03-13 04:30 PM