I've switched from Cinci Bell prepaid to T-mo with rollover. It's a pretty nice deal.
    'Rollover' is what intrigued me, plus I had to jump ship with Cinci Bell or face being cut off.
    My daily driver is the Passport, whereas I use my Z30 strictly as my mobile hotspot/for tethering.
    I just like to keep the two separate, I don't want to eat up all of my data on my wireless line, plus adding a second line was only $10.
    Funny thing is, when I went to the closest T-mo store, the guy I talked to about the set-up I wanted tried to tell me "that won't work". Simply replied, "look man, I'm paying, and it's a Blackberry."
    This guy is now a good friend, I even came in to show off the Passport, I think he's a believer now. (haha)
    Right now I pay $80/mo for unlimited talk, text, and 5GB data w/ rollover, with the secondary SIM 5BG matching w/ rollover.
    Does anyone else do this? I don't really go anywhere with both phones, I mostly use the secondary for home internet access.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-21-15 08:46 PM
    Interesting solution, especially if the $10 addition lets you kill off/avoid a more expensive monthly subscription to home internet. The $80 foundation plan seems a bit steep though? Otherwise I'd say that's perfect. For my $90/mo I have a 5GB mobile plan for $50, and a 300+ GB home DSL plan for $40 that takes the load off my mobile; my phone always draws from that when I'm home. I l do like your phone selection however - and the fact that you taught T-Mobile a thing or two.
    MissMariJane likes this.
    04-21-15 11:02 PM
    Well, I am paying $70/mo for unlimited talk, text and 10GB data, with rollover, $10 for the added line, which splits the data down the middle, but I can pick and choose which device I want to rack-up the data on. Plus, T-mo has pretty good coverage for the price, at least where I am. I was paying Cinci Bell prepaid $20 a week for unlimited everything for just one line, and the data speed was absolute ****e. Haha.
    So just on that alone, I am incredibly fine with paying $80/mo. Haha.
    04-21-15 11:28 PM
    I'd be happy too - definitely an improvement. Nice to read of a BlackBerry user having a good experience with T-Mo. I think that company has a lot of user-friendly offerings, so hopefully the relationship with BlackBerry will continue to thaw. Welcome to CB.
    04-22-15 12:34 PM
    I know the title is strictly determined by how many posts a user has acrued, but I don't like that it says "Crackberry Newbie", haha. I have been on Crackberry for a few years now, I just decided to make an account a little while ago. I've never owned anything but a Blackberry....that's how much I love the capability of securely backing everything up onto a computer, then loading it onto another device. My first BB was the original Pearl 8100. I've owned:
    Both Storms that came out. (About three or four of these...the screen SUCKED).
    Pearl Flip
    3 Torches....I loved that phone
    Z10
    Z30
    Z3
    And now the Passport.
    I actually buy a new BB each beginning of tax season. It's just become a "good juju" ritual over the years.
    3_M4N likes this.
    04-22-15 09:13 PM
    Huawei B890-66 might be another alternative. The box is full TMOBILE, even band 12. I'm going to get one to play with while camping since you can add an external antenna to it. But basically it is just a data connection.

I have the pdf of unit, but it took some time to find it. If nobody beats me too it, I will try to post it later.

I've seen the box go for between $140 to $200. There are a few websites with ridiculous pricing which I guess was needed when in short supply.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 10:12 PM
    Huawei B890-66 might be another alternative. The box is full TMOBILE, even band 12. I'm going to get one to play with while camping since you can add an external antenna to it. But basically it is just a data connection.

I have the pdf of unit, but it took some time to find it. If nobody beats me too it, I will try to post it later.

I've seen the box go for between $140 to $200. There are a few websites with ridiculous pricing which I guess was needed when in short supply.

Posted via CB10
    Okay. Thanks.
    04-22-15 11:41 PM
    If you don't use your Z30 for talk, would a separate prepaid T-Mobile $30/mo plan (100 min talk, unlimited text, 5 GB data) be the better way to go? I think it's for new customers, though, and you'd have to get the SIM online or through Walmart. I used this for my old Nexus 4 w/Google Voice. After that disaster, I ran to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:06 AM
    If you don't use your Z30 for talk, would a separate prepaid T-Mobile $30/mo plan (100 min talk, unlimited text, 5 GB data) be the better way to go? I think it's for new customers, though, and you'd have to get the SIM online or through Walmart. I used this for my old Nexus 4 w/Google Voice. After that disaster, I ran to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    It was only $10 to add the line to my preexisting
    unlimited talk/text/10GB data plan.
    Plus, I am an avid user of the T-Mo app to pay my bill, I wanted to be able to view usage/make one payment for the entire account.
    Also, rollover is not available for prepaid customers.
    That's the deal I was after.

To reiterate: I was already paying $70/mo for unlimited talk/text/10GB data on my primary line. Now I am paying $80/mo for primary and 5GB matching w/ rollover on my Z30.
    I really just posted this thread for discussion, not suggestion. Haha.
    04-23-15 12:13 AM
    It was only $10 to add the line to my preexisting
    unlimited talk/text/10GB data plan.
    Plus, I am an avid user of the T-Mo app to pay my bill, I wanted to be able to view usage/make one payment for the entire account.
    Also, rollover is not available for prepaid customers.
    That's the deal I was after.

To reiterate: I was already paying $70/mo for unlimited talk/text/10GB data on my primary line. Now I am paying $80/mo for primary and 5GB matching w/ rollover on my Z30.
    I really just posted this thread for discussion, not suggestion. Haha.
    Harbor Mobile is $53 including tax for unlimited talk and data. The data isn't throttled. Why Tmob just doesn't sell this plan is beyond me. You can't port a tmob phone number to Harbor Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 01:09 PM
    http://knowledgebase.absoluteautomat...UAWEI-B890.pdf

Link above has the specs for all flavors. TMobile compatible version is the dash 66.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 01:18 PM
    Fair enough. You sounded like you knew what you were talking about. The Storm is what put my brother off BlackBerry for good... you're a glutton for punishment if you had four of them. I'd love to buy a new device every year but the only thing I really want is a Torch. I miss my pkb and large screen. So I'm hanging around on my Z10 x2 until the new one comes out. My second one just runs on my wifi network and serves as a remote control for apps like netflix and roku, etc when it's not being loaned to iPhone friends to try to win them over. The Classic almost got me and probably still will if the Slider doesn't come out this summer... I miss the keyboard but don't want a Passport, as much as some people seem to love it I have no interest in the new layout. A colleague of mine has it and says he regrets it every day.... I realise that's sacrilegious to the converted but we tend to think alike!
    04-24-15 08:02 AM
    Just out of curiosity OP, why didn't you get unlimited data on your primary line (Passport) and tether 5GB off of it? That 5GB is like a separate mini-data plan, except it's only available for tethering. Your unused data doesn't roll over, but you don't need it to with an unlimited plan.
    04-24-15 05:27 PM
    Fair enough. You sounded like you knew what you were talking about. The Storm is what put my brother off BlackBerry for good... you're a glutton for punishment if you had four of them. I'd love to buy a new device every year but the only thing I really want is a Torch. I miss my pkb and large screen. So I'm hanging around on my Z10 x2 until the new one comes out. My second one just runs on my wifi network and serves as a remote control for apps like netflix and roku, etc when it's not being loaned to iPhone friends to try to win them over. The Classic almost got me and probably still will if the Slider doesn't come out this summer... I miss the keyboard but don't want a Passport, as much as some people seem to love it I have no interest in the new layout. A colleague of mine has it and says he regrets it every day.... I realise that's sacrilegious to the converted but we tend to think alike!
    Yeah, I only had four of them because the 'click' screen function kept breaking. This was a widely known issue when the Storm came out, and I had a contract through Verizon at the time for it, so I got it replaced for free. So I kept replacing it...I liked the concept but moved on very quickly after that short stint.
    I do love my Passport, although I do a lot of networking throughout my day while I am driving. I own two businesses, my primary as my father's accounting firm, and my secondary as an Audio Visual Tech company. The Passport is hard to type on, especially driving and attempting to type long messages. If your bluetooth is wigging out, it gets very frustrating.
    04-25-15 09:29 PM
    Just out of curiosity OP, why didn't you get unlimited data on your primary line (Passport) and tether 5GB off of it? That 5GB is like a separate mini-data plan, except it's only available for tethering. Your unused data doesn't roll over, but you don't need it to with an unlimited plan.
    T-Mo doesn't offer 'truly' unlimited data.
    I think phone companies have caught on very quickly that data is where the money lies.
    Plus, in order to get the $10 add-a-line AND rollover, I had to purchase a set amount of data, and the added line would match whatever my primary is. I decided not to purchase more data than 10GB, since my phone is mostly connected to Wifi when I am working, which lowers my usage significantly.
    04-25-15 09:32 PM
    T-Mo doesn't offer 'truly' unlimited data.
    I think phone companies have caught on very quickly that data is where the money lies.
    Plus, in order to get the $10 add-a-line AND rollover, I had to purchase a set amount of data, and the added line would match whatever my primary is. I decided not to purchase more data than 10GB, since my phone is mostly connected to Wifi when I am working, which lowers my usage significantly.
    Tmo has a two lines for $100 unlimited data plan, though some say the limit is 2tbytes.

The $53 harbor mobile plan is unlimited if on the Tmo network and only two your phone. Tethering has a 3g limit.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 12:37 AM
    Yeah, I only had four of them because the 'click' screen function kept breaking. This was a widely known issue when the Storm came out, and I had a contract through Verizon at the time for it, so I got it replaced for free. So I kept replacing it...I liked the concept but moved on very quickly after that short stint.
    I do love my Passport, although I do a lot of networking throughout my day while I am driving. I own two businesses, my primary as my father's accounting firm, and my secondary as an Audio Visual Tech company. The Passport is hard to type on, especially driving and attempting to type long messages. If your bluetooth is wigging out, it gets very frustrating.
    Voice control? Or perhaps you need a third device - an old Bold is the perfect size for one-handed typing. And with all that data to burn you could hot-spot it to your Passport which you could leave in the passenger seat. Just sync it to the necessary email accounts so it won't use much data. That would make messaging a lot easier... while safely pulled over to the side of the road of course.
    04-26-15 09:12 AM