12-15-14 06:13 PM
97 123 ...
tools
    Let's get our voice be heard. Tmobile CEO said that customers should be happy. If they want at BlackBerry then they should get it. I really don't want to change carriers. To get my passport and I can't afford to pay cash for it either so help me out Crackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:59 AM
    Upgrade to iPhone 6+, sell it on ebay for 900$, take the money and buy Passport. This will be as if you did an upgrade to passport for 250$ (or whatever iPhone 6+ cost is on upgrade with t-mobile). That's how I would do it.

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1, MB64, anand_ma and 1 others like this.
    09-13-14 11:27 AM
    I don't think I would switch unless the Passport/Classic would not work on the network. I've been on T-Mobile a little over a year and am happy. Their CEO is an ess, but remember business leaders test positive as psychopaths at four times the rate of the general population, so that's not surprising. Somehow I just felt T-Mobile was a little less evil than the others, so I am hoping I can hold my nose and stay.
    09-13-14 12:01 PM
    Nope. If I really wanted it, there is always the factory unlocked route.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 12:03 PM
    Upgrade to iPhone 6+, sell it on ebay for 900$, take the money and buy Passport. This will be as if you did an upgrade to passport for 250$ (or whatever iPhone 6+ cost is on upgrade with t-mobile). That's how I would do it.

Posted via CB10
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 12:04 PM
    That is a good though but you have to pay the phone off before someone else can have it connected, nice try buddy

Bbm#42
    ponpiri likes this.
    09-13-14 01:25 PM
    I'm thinking about switching to Verizon for my passport but only time will tell what is the best option for our situation

Bbm#42
    09-13-14 01:27 PM
    I will buy the Passport from Amazon, and keep my T-Mobile plan.

Their BYOD is the best deal. You don't pay them a dime for a phone, and the airtime is comparable to prepaid rates.

The same phones that T-Mobile sells in the stores usually are lower priced on HSN or ShopHQ websites.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 09-13-14 at 02:49 PM.
    09-13-14 01:34 PM
    Don't rule out Costco Wireless. The online store is somewhat related to the kiosks you see in Costco. I never got an exact answer out of the kiosk people what the relationship is. Anyway, Costco Wireless enabled me to keep my classic TMobile plan, i.e. get a subsided phone, which at the time was cheaper than buying it on the open market. The un-carrier prices are about what I pay now, so I didn't see a need to switch.

All that said, I will dump T-mobile eventually. I'm tired of the reduced roaming.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 03:36 PM
    As long as you don't care about wifi calling, why would you leave tmobile? Just but the device from BlackBerry or anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 04:01 PM
    As long as you don't care about wifi calling, why would you leave tmobile? Just but the device from BlackBerry or anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    Plenty of reasons to leave T-mobile:

1) T-mobile BlackBerry support in the future is dubious.

2) T-mobile had reduced their roaming footprint. Some areas don't even have data roaming, but just voice.

If the dude in the magenta shirt would make this statement, I would stay with T-mobile:

'''''We will set up roaming contracts for voice and data any place where T-mobile doesn't serve and their is a compatible carrier.'''''''

Sorry, no way to put that in italics on the Crackberry app.

My point is simple. There are towers in places I go where my phone could work, but t-mobile is too cheap to pay for roaming.

Now if BlackBerry would simply provide updates directly to consumers, the support issue probably won't be one. But here is the catch: BlackBerry has to keep making phones that work on T-Mobile frequencies, even though T-mobile no longer wants BlackBerry. Band 12 LTE is the perfect test candidate. If BlackBerry supports it, then there is a future for off contract BlackBerry devices on T-mobile.

Given that BlackBerry owns one of the antenna tuners chip companies, the odds are good that BlackBerry will make T-Mobile ready phones, but this is not cast in concrete.

Posted via CB10
    firefighterdrew likes this.
    09-13-14 07:26 PM
    ... even though T-mobile no longer wants BlackBerry.
    I have no idea about the roaming situation because I live in a huge city (Houston, TX), but T-Mo does want to serve BlackBerry customers who also use T-Mobile. Legere recently gave CNET an interview about the situation saying that he'd like BlackBerry and T-Mobile to work together to meet customer needs and that personal or company animosities shouldn't get in the way. He invited a call with John Chen to work it out.

Here's my thread about it, which links to the interview:

T-Mobile wants BlackBerry back!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=958771

I really think this could positively impact the Passport, wifi calling, and other issues of T-Mo carrier support, if John Chen calls T-Mo and allows them to start selling Blackberries again.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    leojzueg and ponpiri like this.
    09-13-14 10:30 PM
    Don't rule out Costco Wireless. The online store is somewhat related to the kiosks you see in Costco. I never got an exact answer out of the kiosk people what the relationship is. Anyway, Costco Wireless enabled me to keep my classic TMobile plan, i.e. get a subsided phone, which at the time was cheaper than buying it on the open market.
    They've switched to Simple Choice too now. The only advantage I can see to buying from Costco now is... a gift card and accessories. They throw in some free accessories and a $25 Costco GC. Phone pricing is pretty much the same.

And regarding your other post about band 12, the RGY181LW Passport doesn't have it. It's a narrow usage band right now, the largest current/shortly upcoming deployments being those of TMO and US Cellular--two partners that BB doesn't have for BB10.

What's funny is that the even though TMO's busy kissing Apple's you know what, the new iPhones don't have b12 out of the box either.
    09-13-14 10:40 PM
    ...the new iPhones don't have b12 out of the box either.
    When you say "out of the box," does that mean that Band 12 can be possibly activated on iPhone 6 or 6+ with a software measure, or is it a hardware issue and thus hopeless?

09-13-14 10:53 PM
    When you say "out of the box," does that mean that Band 12 can be possibly activated on iPhone 6 or 6+ with a software measure, or is it a hardware issue and thus hopeless?
    Unknown at this point. The hardware question probably won't be answered until the phones are dissected. It could be a software block, depending on which radio chip they've used. Apple, as usual, is not talking.

FWIW, TMO is said to be disappointed.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-13-14 11:08 PM
    We went canoeing today in Kingston TN and had zero signal with Tmobile. If AT&T offers the Classic, I will be jumping ship. Been with Tmo for 11 years. Legere and the no signal deal is pretty much the last straw.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    2gunnar likes this.
    09-13-14 11:26 PM
    Nah, just buy mine outright. Why switch, I do t benefit from leaving and I don't see how BlackBerry integration with any carrier will benefit me beyond the basic, talk and text plus Internet.

Z10 all they way!
    09-13-14 11:30 PM
    Buy unlocked on amazon or via BlackBerry

Posted from my Z10. Z30 or Passport very soon
    09-14-14 03:45 AM
    Unknown at this point. The hardware question probably won't be answered until the phones are dissected. It could be a software block, depending on which radio chip they've used. Apple, as usual, is not talking.

FWIW, TMO is said to be disappointed.
    Thanks! Yeah, T-Mo has a crap load of Band-12 700MHz spectrum, so the future is very bright in that respect. Heck, right now where I live (Houston, Texas), the download speeds on T-Mo are tremendous, but more spectrum is always better.

I have hope that Band-12 support will be capable of being enabled via software. This Reddit discussion talks about software enabling of Band-12 in another device here . Apparently, more devices supporting Band-12 are on the way over the next few months.

09-14-14 08:57 AM
    Iphone 6/6+ doesn't have band 12 so how can you activate something that doesn't exist in the device?
    09-14-14 10:50 AM
    Iphone 6/6+ doesn't have band 12 so how can you activate something that doesn't exist in the device?
    Do we know this for sure? As in, can we rule out there's no temporary software block in place? An Apple or TMO admission would be helpful.
    09-14-14 10:55 AM
    Do I need to say any more?
    Attached Thumbnails Would you change carrier if BlackBerry Passport is not offer by T mobile-wp_ss_20140914_0001.png  
    09-14-14 10:59 AM
    Do I need to say any more?
    I've seen that lol. As much as I hate defending Apple, that list is accurate as of this moment. Do we know it's not going to change in the future?

They did this with the iPhone 5. The first batches were missing UMTS 1700, but the later batches had it enabled. Same model number, same FCC ID.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-14-14 11:15 AM
    Reminds me of... RFK121LW vs. RFF91LW. Remember BBerry specs specifically said 1700 didn't exist on the 91? Except, of course, it's there.
    raino likes this.
    09-14-14 11:38 AM
    Band 12 is tmobile's 700 mhz which only came into use recently, if the soc wasn't planned for it, then it is not going to be in there unless a revision is made for which that will take time.
    09-14-14 12:45 PM
97 123 ...