I have been waiting for many months for TMO to fix wifi calling (or lack thereof) on the BB9900. Ya, I know that they finally fixed it on Q10 and Z10 but at that point wifi calling was still not working. Yesterday I found I could send/receive wifi calls on my BB9900 and again today. Hopefully it is indeed fixed. I had a ticket into TMo and they said that there was a wifi call issue with the BB9900 a while back. Hopefully this is not a fluke and the problem with WFC on the BB9900 is finally fixed. Anyone else try wifi calling on the BB9900 on TMO ?
    11-04-14 06:07 AM
    Had a dropped Wifi call at about the 30 second point just yesterday! I've had to turn my Wifi calling to "cellular pregerred" again. Will try Wifi calling again tomorrow and call TMO if still getting drops.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    11-04-14 08:19 PM
    I must be lucky as I have had no dropped calls so far. In fact, I have spoken continuously on the phone via wifi for about 30 minutes to my gf. I had a ticket into TMO so maybe that gave it some priority to my area ??.Anyway I am really happy that my WFC works on my BB9900 and am still keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to work.
    11-05-14 05:27 AM
    I'm sorry, probably giving non relevant info to your post...my issue is with my z10.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    11-05-14 12:42 PM
    Still getting an "underwater" sound and dropouts with 9900. Crystal clear with Q10. Any hope? :-) Or, any troubleshooting steps/fixes? (I have a 911 Zip code on MyTmobile).
    11-17-14 12:24 PM
    Still getting an "underwater" sound and dropouts with 9900. Crystal clear with Q10. Any hope? :-) Or, any troubleshooting steps/fixes? (I have a 911 Zip code on MyTmobile).
    You know, I have a "just-in-case" (backup) Moto Defy Android device that uses the previous Kineto WFC (well, it says it does) and it's crystal clear. I would call Tmo and see if they can sort.
    11-17-14 01:46 PM
    Yup,I agree with Scrannel. I had put in two tickets to fix WC on my TMO and I am assuming they fixed it in the towers or something like that. My BB9900 is running great WC's. No "underwater" sounds as before. Call TMO and it might be an issue with the towers where you are at?
    11-20-14 11:30 AM
    I had put in two tickets to fix WC on my TMO and I am assuming they fixed it in the towers or something like that.
    Wifi Calling doesn't need or use towers to function. They may have reset something in their network (usually releasing an IP in a database or rebooting a server) but that's irrespective of your local towers.

[CB10 / Q10]
    11-20-14 04:59 PM
    I have been waiting for many months for TMO to fix wifi calling (or lack thereof) on the BB9900. Ya, I know that they finally fixed it on Q10 and Z10 but at that point wifi calling was still not working. Yesterday I found I could send/receive wifi calls on my BB9900 and again today. Hopefully it is indeed fixed. I had a ticket into TMo and they said that there was a wifi call issue with the BB9900 a while back. Hopefully this is not a fluke and the problem with WFC on the BB9900 is finally fixed. Anyone else try wifi calling on the BB9900 on TMO ?
    I've had problems with WiFi Calling on the 9900 since April 2014 onwards. I'll give it a try now that some of you are having good results but I had written it off and started looking for other devices to switch to.

I made it all the way to the dedicated (and very small, at this point) BlackBerry technical help desk. Whatever the case, T-Mobile wasn't putting a very high priority on the issue due to the very small numbers of 9900 users (and BlackBerry users overall), at this point.

On another note -- I was looking forward to a possible BlackBerry Classic upgrade in the near future. Does anyone know if it will include the same programming to allow WiFi Calling? It wouldn't make sense to NOT include it if they are still including it for Z10s, etc. that are sold unlocked through BlackBerry.com.

Thanks for any input you may provide!

-b.
    12-09-14 10:37 PM
    On another note -- I was looking forward to a possible BlackBerry Classic upgrade in the near future. Does anyone know if it will include the same programming to allow WiFi Calling? It wouldn't make sense to NOT include it if they are still including it for Z10s, etc. that are sold unlocked through BlackBerry.com.
    The Classic will be capable, but TMO has decided to not allow any BB10 phone newer than the Q10 to make use of WFC.
    12-10-14 02:26 PM
    Well darn darn darn. In the last week WFC is not working well on my BB9900 on TMO. I can hear incoming calls but the other side says my voice is "ragged" but not "water sound". Also, after I try a second call, "could not be connected, call your service provider" message pops up. I have to pull the battery to at least make the call but again once I make the call, the receiver really can't make out what I am saying. I called TMO tech support that elevated to a higher level. I was told that it was a known issue with no ETA on the Fix as there seems to zero to no interest in fixing it. The tech tried to get me to upgrade to a newer phone. No thank you as I already have newer phones but I like my BB9900. Ug
    01-15-15 02:52 PM